Author Topic: Impeach rhymes with screech  (Read 62386 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Impeach rhymes with screech
« on: September 24, 2019, 06:29:12 PM »
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2019/09/24/yeah-so-not-good-for-democrats-ben-domenech-spells-out-why-impeachment-is-basically-a-gift-to-trump-in-fact-filled-thread/

Nancy Pelosi on whether Trump's decision to release the Ukrainian call transcript will cause Democrats to shift away fro calls for impeachment: "No. This is about the constitution of the United States. we have many other candidates for impeachable offenses."

Wait a minute! Aren't the D's the ones who have claimed that the Second Amendment doesn'r protect semi-automatic firearms because they didn't exist when the Constitution was written? If we follow that line of [alleged] logic, we would have to conclude that there can be nothing impeachable about a telephone call, because telephones sisn't exist when the Constitution was written.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Re: Impeach rhymes with screech
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2019, 07:44:49 PM »
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2019/09/24/yeah-so-not-good-for-democrats-ben-domenech-spells-out-why-impeachment-is-basically-a-gift-to-trump-in-fact-filled-thread/

Wait a minute! Aren't the D's the ones who have claimed that the Second Amendment doesn'r protect semi-automatic firearms because they didn't exist when the Constitution was written? If we follow that line of [alleged] logic, we would have to conclude that there can be nothing impeachable about a telephone call, because telephones sisn't exist when the Constitution was written.

I'm not sure where your logic comes from, but this isn't working.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2019, 07:58:40 PM »
Not impressed either;
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2019, 08:31:58 PM »
It will be interesting to see if Trump played them (again). Pelosi jumped the gun because of pressure from the squad, et. al., and now, right after Pelosi's announcement,  the White House says it will release the full transcript and whistleblower complaint this week.

Makes it sound like Trump wanted them to go all in on impeachment thing before the transcript was released. Maybe it's 3D poker now.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2019, 09:51:53 PM »
With Trump it always makes sense to wait a bit and see how things play out.

Personally, I'm exhausted just watching the show and hope that they get some new script writers for the next season.

That's assuming he doesn't get cancelled early or get fired next election.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2019, 07:33:01 AM »
I have a feeling that there's a massive troll incoming... After Pelosi announced interest in impeachment, he's going to release the full phone conversation. I bet the conversation is going to be something like wishing Zelensky a happy birthday. >:D
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2019, 11:21:47 AM »
Interesting transcript-that-isn't-a-transcript: https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/Unclassified09.2019.pdf

No mention of Biden, and no mention of any quid pro quo regarding weapons or other American aid. This is what's got the Democrats' knickers in a twist?

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2019, 11:34:56 AM »
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2019, 11:38:31 AM »
Interesting transcript-that-isn't-a-transcript: https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/Unclassified09.2019.pdf

No mention of Biden, and no mention of any quid pro quo regarding weapons or other American aid. This is what's got the Democrats' knickers in a twist?

From the transcript:

The other thing,
There's a lot of. talk about Biden's son,. that Biden stopped the
prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so
whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great.
Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution so if
you ·can look into it ... It sounds horrible to me.

And it seems a perfectly appropriate thing for the president to ask.

Unless we're just not allowed to investigate people in campaigns because that would be election tampering. In which case there are several people who should be in jail, replacing some others currently there.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2019, 11:55:50 AM »
??? Top of page 4

Whoops. That's what I get for scanning instead of reading.

Still no quid pro quo though. No offers of arms for dirt deals.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2019, 12:04:09 PM »
Would you like fries with your nothingbuger?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2019, 12:05:41 PM »
Honestly it read to me like he was providing a tip on a Ukrainian criminal investigation.  "Look into the people that pulled your prosecutor off the case we'd both like solved.  Whole thing looked shady.  Also look into this guy because he's over here bragging he did shady stuff in the Ukraine."

Trump completely ignored the issue of the Javelins.

I'm sure the media will spin it into more collusion though.  [sigh]

I mean it's not as if he used paid for research conducted by a foreign national to fraudulently get a FISA warrant and sic the FBI on a political opponent.  Can you even imagine what a scandal that would be?

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2019, 12:11:56 PM »

I mean it's not as if he used paid for research conducted by a foreign national to fraudulently get a FISA warrant and sic the FBI on a political opponent.  Can you even imagine what a scandal that would be?

Unfortunately, we don't have to imagine ...

brimic

• friends
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2019, 12:20:14 PM »
From the transcript:

And it seems a perfectly appropriate thing for the president to ask.

Investigating corrupt democrats is now an impeachable offense.

Barack Obama

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2019, 12:25:40 PM »
Investigating corrupt democrats is now an impeachable offense.

While that may be the case, look at what Trump did here.

He suggested looking at the actions of corrupt politicians. As long as you weren't blatant and had freezers full of cash, influence peddling was PERFECTLY ok in Washington.

Nothing was EVER done about Biden, Pelosi, Reid, Waters, (I can keep going). I'm sure there are Republicans who also got rich from being in politics, but those are the egregious examples I know of.

What Republican has ever talked about that corruption? WE ALL KNOW they are corrupt, but the Republicans never bring it up.

That's why they are angry. Trump is going after THEIR meal ticket.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

brimic

• friends
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2019, 01:14:00 PM »
That's why they are angry. Trump is going after THEIR meal ticket.

One cannot even claim Trump beat them at 5D chess this time, he was playing checkers and still owned them. They fall for it every time.

Barack Obama

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2019, 01:22:27 PM »
One cannot even claim Trump beat them at 5D chess this time, he was playing checkers and still owned them. They fall for it every time.

Really need a Charlie Brown football meme featuring Don and Nancy.  Checkers or level one poker, either way their best bet is to hope Trump gets tired of winning.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2019, 02:50:29 PM »
I thought this might be a good spot to drop this.

https://babylonbee.com/news/trump-if-you-impeach-me-now-i-shall-become-more-powerful-than-you-can-possibly-imagine
Trump: 'If You Impeach Me Now, I Shall More Powerful Than You Can Possibly Imagine'

"If you impeach me now, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine," he said in an open address to his political foes. "Seriously, I will have huge power, believe me. Maybe the most power of anyone ever."
=D
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2019, 02:55:55 PM »
I thought this might be a good spot to drop this.

https://babylonbee.com/news/trump-if-you-impeach-me-now-i-shall-become-more-powerful-than-you-can-possibly-imagine
Trump: 'If You Impeach Me Now, I Shall More Powerful Than You Can Possibly Imagine'
 =D

I love that they go on to point out that after saying "I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine", Obiwan did jack squat.

Where's that power, Obi?

Fly320s

• friend
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2019, 02:56:31 PM »
Something to point out:

The released information is not a transcript, but notes taken by people monitoring the call.  Until we get the full transcript, or the audio, we don't know everything that was discussed.  Trump may have actually tried to bride Ukraine.  Still, I'm not sure paying Ukraine to investigate Biden's son would be a crime.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2019, 03:01:21 PM »
Something to point out:

The released information is not a transcript, but notes taken by people monitoring the call.  Until we get the full transcript, or the audio, we don't know everything that was discussed.  Trump may have actually tried to bride Ukraine.  Still, I'm not sure paying Ukraine to investigate Biden's son would be a crime.

From what I've read.... it's a transcript made from the notes of (multiple) people listening on the call. As far as I know we don't record the president's conversations, so this is what we get.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2019, 03:22:09 PM »
Something to point out:

I see that you and your avatar went into the witness protection program right after you pointed that out.

=D
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2019, 04:22:34 PM »
Trump may have actually tried to bride Ukraine.

Is that what they call it nowadays?
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2019, 04:24:39 PM »
Something to point out:

The released information is not a transcript, but notes taken by people monitoring the call.

That's why I referred to it as a "transcript-that's-not-a-transcript."

Hey, it's Washington, DC, and gummint. Did you seriously expect Washington words to mean the same thing they mean in the real world?

Fly320s

• friend
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2019, 04:37:36 PM »
I see that you and your avatar went into the witness protection program right after you pointed that out.

=D

I think I need a new host for my avatar.  I've run out of bandwidth, I guess.