Author Topic: Impeach rhymes with screech  (Read 62774 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Impeach rhymes with screech
« Reply #75 on: November 11, 2019, 10:58:21 PM »
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/11/fellow-soldiers-slam-col-vindman-for-pushing-a-coup-by-testifying-in-uniform-and-for-secretly-advising-ukrainians-to-ignore-us-president/
Fellow Soldiers SLAM Col. Vindman for “Pushing a Coup” by Testifying in Uniform and For Secretly Advising Ukrainians to Ignore US President

I saw this today.  I haven't been keeping up with impeachment news and haven't seen much other commentary than this.  It has links to the testimony if you want to read further. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #76 on: November 13, 2019, 07:57:13 AM »
So was he offering or withholding? Because they're not both bribery. I think these guys are digging themselves a big hole.

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2019/11/13/dems-dont-think-voters-understand-what-quid-pro-quo-means-so-now-theyre-calling-it-bribery/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #77 on: November 13, 2019, 03:23:00 PM »
Ben Shapiro argued today that Trump couldn't have committed a crime because he lacked intent.
Quote from: Ben Shaprio
I don't actually see objectively that Trump has ever had the level of intent necessary to do anything. I don't think he's ever had the level of intent to eat a hamburger. I think it's half accident when he eats a hamburger.
He has thoughts...and he vomits the thoughts whenever he is asked about a particular topic.
I thought that was an interesting line of defense. :lol:
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #78 on: November 13, 2019, 05:20:49 PM »
So why no special prosecutor in this case? It seems like they decided that it was a waste of time in the Russia Hoax, so they just wanted to skip that step here.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #79 on: November 13, 2019, 06:20:20 PM »
So their star witnesses actually witness nothing

Both of the Democrats’ star witnesses in the #ImpeachmentHearings just confirmed that they were not on the call...

So, they have nothing to offer? ??#DemsGotNothing #NoEvidencepic.twitter.com/N2DPyKD5vF
    — Jenny Beth Martin (@jennybethm) November 13, 2019
   To summarize what's happened:

Bill Taylor, the Democrats star witness, has basically admitted today that he got virtually all of his hearsay info from Gordon Sondland

We have Sondland, in writing, admitting he really didn't know what happened with Ukrainian aid

This is a farce
    — Mark Meadows (@RepMarkMeadows) November 13, 2019
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2019/11/13/adam-schiff-interrupts-gop-questioning-instructs-witnesses-how-to-answer-n2556441
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #80 on: November 13, 2019, 06:22:53 PM »
And it gets better

??HOLY, WOW ??

Rep. Adam Schiff is blocking/interrupting GOP questions while telling witnesses how to answer.

GOP asks about Ukraine trying to help Hillary win election.

Schiff jumps in and tells witnesses they don't have to answer GOP questions.

This is a third-world coup! pic.twitter.com/Hklsrph2Cw
    — Benny (@bennyjohnson) November 13, 2019
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

DittoHead

• friend
« Reply #81 on: November 13, 2019, 07:02:15 PM »
So why no special prosecutor in this case?

The decision to appoint a special counsel rests with the attorney general

Since the expiration of the independent counsel provisions in the Ethics in Government Act in 1999, as was the case before 1978, neither Congress nor the courts have any official role in the appointment of a special counsel
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #82 on: November 14, 2019, 10:56:26 AM »
Not that it matters to the media and the dems but.........

Ukrainian foreign minister Vadym Prystaiko said Thursday that U.S. Ambassador to the E.U. Gordon Sondland had “never” linked U.S. aid to Ukrainian investigations of the 2016 elections or the Biden’s role in stopping a probe of Burisma.

Ukraine Foreign Minister: U.S. Aid, Investigations Were ‘Never’ Linked
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/11/14/ukraine-foreign-minister-aid-investigations-were-never-linked/
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #83 on: November 15, 2019, 10:04:14 AM »
https://twitter.com/RealSaavedra/status/1194817581514801153?s=19
Video of AOC being a little too honest from twitter.
Ocasio-Cortez says that Democrats' push for impeaching Trump is about uniting the different factions of the Democrat Party, adding: “this is about preventing a potentially disastrous outcome from occurring next year.

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #84 on: November 15, 2019, 10:30:52 AM »
How dare Trump do this!
Poor Schiff

Schiff Tells Trump to Stop Interrupting Public Hearings As He Releases Second Transcript
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortneyobrien/2019/11/15/the-second-transcript-makes-its-way-into-the-second-public-hearing-n2556552

- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #85 on: November 15, 2019, 10:34:07 AM »
This is from the above link

Here's a key detail:

In her deposition, Yovanovitch and Schiff speculated that President Trump and President Zelensky had discussed her on this call and "bash[ed]" her

But as the transcript shows, Yovanovitch was not discussed pic.twitter.com/uYNWBrqJnS
    — Zach Parkinson (@AZachParkinson) November 15, 2019

Where's my Advil?
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #87 on: November 15, 2019, 01:56:02 PM »
[points out that special counsels are appointed by the AG]

Then shouldn't they be questioning the AG for his failure to investigate these egregious crimes?

MechAg94

• friend

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #89 on: November 16, 2019, 09:39:09 AM »
Well this is definitely an impeachable offense

State Department staffer David Holmes, the aide who claims to have overheard President Donald Trump talking to U.S. Ambassador to the E.U. Gordon Sondland the day after his July 25 conversations with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, testified in a closed-door impeachment inquiry hearing at the House Intelligence Committee Friday afternoon that he overheard Sondland telling President Trump that President Zelensky “loves your ass.”
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/11/15/state-department-staffer-sondland-told-trump-zelensky-loves-your-ass/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #90 on: November 16, 2019, 10:54:34 PM »
Ocasio-Cortez accidentally tells the truth about impeachment:

"This is not just about something that has occurred, this is about preventing a potentially disastrous outcome from occurring next year."
                         - Barack Obama

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #91 on: November 16, 2019, 11:14:34 PM »
I find myself mostly tuning out the news about the latest coup attempt. It seems like the Dems thought they were on to something with the Russia hoax, and when that was over, they needed to keep the fans interested, so they phoned in a sequel.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #92 on: November 17, 2019, 01:31:57 PM »
So was he offering or withholding? Because they're not both bribery. I think these guys are digging themselves a big hole.

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2019/11/13/dems-dont-think-voters-understand-what-quid-pro-quo-means-so-now-theyre-calling-it-bribery/

First, Orange Man was wrong to withhold funds. Now, Orange Man is wrong for giving them funds, or whatever it was. Why don't they just go ahead and impeach him for killing America, and Beyonce, and cancelling Firefly? Let's get this thing over with.

DittoHead

• friend
« Reply #93 on: November 18, 2019, 08:29:17 AM »
Then shouldn't they be questioning the AG for his failure to investigate these egregious crimes?
I find myself mostly tuning out the news about the latest coup attempt.
It's out there, maybe you're just tuning it out?

“He’s gone rogue,” Pelosi said on the MSNBC “Morning Joe” television program Friday, referring to Barr. “I think where they’re going is a cover-up of a cover-up.”
it was Barr who was at the very center of an audacious scheme to prevent an investigation of the president’s misconduct—a scheme that failed, and ended up setting the stage for Trump’s impeachment.
Representative Adam B. Schiff of California, said, “The idea that the Department of Justice would have intervened to prevent it from getting to Congress throws the leadership of the department into further ill repute.”

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #94 on: November 18, 2019, 08:48:19 AM »

The rich powerful elites I prefer are superior to the rich powerful elites you prefer.

My rich powerful elites don't hate or despise the people they govern.

As best I can gather, you prefer the globalist egalitarian Republicans who never conserve anything, the type who roll over for the left on command.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

DittoHead

• friend
« Reply #95 on: November 18, 2019, 09:13:02 AM »
The rich powerful elites I prefer are superior to the rich powerful elites you prefer.
My rich powerful elites don't hate or despise the people they govern.
As best I can gather, you prefer the globalist egalitarian Republicans who never conserve anything, the type who roll over for the left on command.
OK ??? I'm not really sure what that has to do with what I posted here.
Fistful has asked a few questions and I have provided a few answers, I don't think I made any commentary on which rich powerful elites were better.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #96 on: November 18, 2019, 11:25:44 AM »
They're bored

"So I don’t know how other folks will vote because in all honesty, originally, I thought there was going to be a few more, not that it matters to me if I'm 1 of 101. I do what I believe is right," Van Drew replied. "But there is some discussion among some of them quietly, privately of concern, certainly. I mean, what I’m hearing in the street with most people is they're tired, they're kind of worn out, they're bored and they really want to move on."

Democrat Congressman Claims Some In His Party Are Having Second Thoughts About Impeachment
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/juliorosas/2019/11/18/democrat-congressman-claims-some-in-his-party-are-having-second-thoughts-about-impeachment-n2556635
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #97 on: November 18, 2019, 04:37:19 PM »

I hope so.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #98 on: November 19, 2019, 12:02:12 PM »
I think Adam Schiff has the world's longest case of constipation. His facial expressions looks like he really needs to take a big power dump but can't.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #99 on: November 19, 2019, 12:56:54 PM »
I think Adam Schiff has the world's longest case of constipation. His facial expressions looks like he really needs to take a big power dump but can't.

... and he'll blame Trump for that as well.
                         - Barack Obama