Author Topic: Impeach rhymes with screech  (Read 62380 times)

HankB

• friend
Re: Impeach rhymes with screech
« Reply #100 on: November 19, 2019, 02:07:33 PM »
First, Orange Man was wrong to withhold funds. Now, Orange Man is wrong for giving them funds, or whatever it was. Why don't they just go ahead and impeach him for killing America, and Beyonce, and cancelling Firefly? Let's get this thing over with.
IT WAS ORANGE MAN WHO CANCELLED FIREFLY?!?! OFF WITH HIS HEAD!!!
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #101 on: November 19, 2019, 05:49:22 PM »
I probably shouldn't have posted the pic and let you scroll to it, but I laughed and laughed and laughed. I saw the clip in question this morning, and they kinda hit the nail on the head here:

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2019/11/19/how-did-vets-and-enlisted-people-react-to-lt-col-alexander-vindmans-dont-call-me-maam-moment/

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #102 on: November 19, 2019, 10:20:25 PM »
Guy reminds me of a certain ex chicken farmer

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #103 on: November 19, 2019, 11:45:57 PM »
Guy reminds me of a certain ex chicken farmer

The guy looks like a complete wimp, yet he's wearing both a CIB and jump wings. I wonder if he really earned them, or if they were pretty much given to him for career enhancement purposes.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #104 on: November 20, 2019, 12:59:10 AM »
Let me say that I have no idea about this particular officer's credentials, but in general:

Jump School is like three weeks, and not super difficult as long as you can run.  As an Infantry Branched Officer, the LTC was probably offered that school early in his career and went as an LT.  Not an indicator of anything really.  He's got a 25th ID SSI-FWS (combat patch) so he wasn't in an "airborne" regiment for that deployment. 

CIB's are pretty common these days too.  One must be an infantryman (he is) assigned to an Infantry Unit (25ID, at least) and engage in ground combat.  So it's likely that at some point in his career he was at minimum trading shots with the enemy.  That doesn't mean he was in Falujah or Mosul, but he did participate in a two way range.

If I wanted to be uncharitable, I would point out that he's got at least a deployment, and an Enemy Marksmanship Badge (Purple Heart) but only a couple of Defense Meritorious Service Metals, and a single Meritorious Service Medal.  To put that in perspective, I have three MSM's, and two were participation awards for deployments that did not include combat.  I find it....unusual that an Officer was in combat (CIB), and got wounded (Purple heart) but didn't even manage a Bronze Star participation award for that run.  From 2004-20012 or so, officer's and senior enlisted were getting BSMs for pretty much anything outside of Kuwait.  Unless you *expletive deleted*ed up.

I also notice that as an LTC on Active Duty (Presumably almost 20 years in) he has between 12 and 18 months Overseas Service (the two bars on his right sleeve.  Each bar denotes 6 months overseas).  To put that in perspective, I'm a Reservist and have 7 Overseas Service Bars (and most of the way to my 8th.)  You have to wonder what happened on that one deployment.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #105 on: November 20, 2019, 08:04:53 AM »
I also notice that as an LTC on Active Duty (Presumably almost 20 years in) he has between 12 and 18 months Overseas Service (the two bars on his right sleeve.  Each bar denotes 6 months overseas).  To put that in perspective, I'm a Reservist and have 7 Overseas Service Bars (and most of the way to my 8th.)  You have to wonder what happened on that one deployment.

Possibly he didn't do anything wrong (in that sense of the word)? I knew an O-6 that had one at sea billet and then went straight to DC and never left, because the DC politics were his ambition. AFAIK, he's still there as a GS-15 or SES, because back when he retired, the next day he walked into the same building as a GS-15 in a suit.

Maybe this guy was just a player and the swamp saw his potential? Though (and I'm no expert) O-5 seems a grade low for 20 years and being a player.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #106 on: November 20, 2019, 09:09:16 AM »
Indeed that does happen, but not without the officer trying to make it happen.

I was responding to Hawk's question, and in general the Left piling this guy with the "Veteran, so unimpeachable honor" aura.  Again, I don't know the guy, but if I met him at a conference I would think "hmmm".

Maybe this guy was just a player and the swamp saw his potential? Though (and I'm no expert) O-5 seems a grade low for 20 years and being a player.

IMO that would not be a point in his favor.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #107 on: November 20, 2019, 09:16:12 AM »

IMO that would not be a point in his favor.

Absolutely agree, but it seems one explanation as to why he didn't deploy a lot.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #108 on: November 20, 2019, 10:41:16 AM »

Maybe he's not a particularly good player. It would appear he's attached to the NSA because he's an "expert" on Ukraine, and he's an "expert" on Ukraine because he's Ukrainian. That could be a bad thing because, rather than being an objective student of all things Ukrainian, he would (I guess) speak the language fluently but he might also bring with him all sorts of prejudices and biases learned from his parents and family.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #109 on: November 20, 2019, 10:59:35 AM »
he's an "expert" on Ukraine because he's Ukrainian. That could be a bad thing because, rather than being an objective student of all things Ukrainian, he would (I guess) speak the language fluently but he might also bring with him all sorts of prejudices and biases learned from his parents and family.
What credentials are you looking for?
After his time in Iraq, Vindman’s path shifted from combat infantryman to Harvard University student, and he earned a master’s degree in Russian, Eastern Europe and Central Asian studies.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #110 on: November 20, 2019, 11:10:16 AM »
What credentials are you looking for?
Is "Ivy League graduate" supposed to make him look better to us?  I am sure that was good in D.C. for his career.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

DittoHead

• friend
« Reply #111 on: November 20, 2019, 12:15:08 PM »
Is "Ivy League graduate" supposed to make him look better to us? 
It was suggested he lacked credentials for that position, that an "objective student of all things Ukrainian" would be better.
I'm honestly curious what credentials one would look for and why having a masters in that subject area wouldn't qualify.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #112 on: November 20, 2019, 12:57:16 PM »
It was suggested he lacked credentials for that position, that an "objective student of all things Ukrainian" would be better.
I'm honestly curious what credentials one would look for and why having a masters in that subject area wouldn't qualify.

I don't know that it really matters if he was taking sides in political games against his COC.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

DittoHead

• friend
« Reply #113 on: November 20, 2019, 04:05:18 PM »
I don't know that it really matters if he was taking sides in political games against his COC.
It may not really matter, much like how Vindman managed to earn certain medals but not others.
I try to focus on the important stuff like Gordon Sondland's watch:lol:

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #114 on: November 20, 2019, 07:46:40 PM »
^^^I have never been into watches as jewelry, and the older I get, the more I value a clean analog face so I can rapidly tell the time with my aging eyes.

The Seiko 5S field watch is my current favorite:

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #115 on: November 20, 2019, 08:02:34 PM »
 =|  Meh ... I still like my Casio  digital.   
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

grampster

• friend
« Reply #116 on: November 20, 2019, 09:28:51 PM »
It's amazing how the story varies from MSM to some FOX news to independent news on the internet.  It makes it sound like there are two hearings going on with the same people.  I'm not watching as my blood pressure meds are not strong enough to compensate.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Parker Dean

• friend
« Reply #117 on: November 21, 2019, 12:04:55 PM »
It may not really matter, much like how Vindman managed to earn certain medals but not others.
I try to focus on the important stuff like Gordon Sondland's watch:lol:
I like that the watch they try to say he's wearing isn't even close to the one he's actually wearing and they apparently don't care. The subdials are different and in different locations. What he's wearing is a Breguet Marine II GMT in stainless which appears to retail for about $20K new. Used seems to go for the low teens so if you want to be charitable he's actually spending less than 10K on that watch. And as with all these high-dollar watches, if he keeps it long enough he may even make a little bit of money on it so it could work out to be basically free. Oh and could you imagine the savaging he'd get if he showed up with something like a Timex Expedition in a crowd like that?

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #118 on: November 21, 2019, 06:50:19 PM »
It's amazing how the story varies from MSM to some FOX news to independent news on the internet.  It makes it sound like there are two hearings going on with the same people.  I'm not watching as my blood pressure meds are not strong enough to compensate.
That is why I try to filter who I get news from.  It isn't worth browsing through all the BS to get a few nuggets of information and it makes it very difficult to be optimistic at all.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #119 on: November 21, 2019, 08:26:07 PM »
Impeachment hearing transcript:

Witness X : "Trump did nothing wrong"

News media: "Witness X gave damning testimony in today's hearings."

Foul democrat libtard congressman: "Orange man bad, dishonors office of president"
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #120 on: November 21, 2019, 09:24:21 PM »
We were just watching the story on the national news.  We think at least one article will be issued, the Senate will hold a trial but will not have the necessary 2/3rds vote to convict. 

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #121 on: November 21, 2019, 10:05:07 PM »
That is why I try to filter who I get news from.  It isn't worth browsing through all the BS to get a few nuggets of information and it makes it very difficult to be optimistic at all.

Me too. Tired of getting "news" and "analysis" from people determined to misunderstand the truth, and deny what truths they know. The theoretical value of hearing the other side's point of view seems pretty low when the other side is the postmodern Left.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

DittoHead

• friend
« Reply #122 on: November 22, 2019, 08:36:24 AM »
at least one article will be issued, the Senate will hold a trial but will not have the necessary 2/3rds vote to convict. 
I think that's been the safe bet since the beginning.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #123 on: November 22, 2019, 01:13:06 PM »
Trump says he supports a Senate Impeachment trial.

Good synopsis of how the libs are getting pwned:
https://twitter.com/Education4Libs/status/1197634542762414081
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

DittoHead

• friend
« Reply #124 on: November 22, 2019, 01:32:21 PM »
Quote from: Twitter User "@Education4Libs"
If Trump goes on trial, he’s going to expose every single crime the Dems have committed going back to January of 2009.
And not only will the Senate NOT convict him, the Democratic Party will die.
Impeachment is the death of the Democratic Party.
I know I've heard this wishful thinking before....
What if the Trump team already has enough evidence of Democrat wrongdoing or treason and they are just playing with the Dems?
What if they really are going to take down a bunch of leftist players right before the election?
I'll believe it when I see it.