Author Topic: Impeach rhymes with screech  (Read 62384 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Impeach rhymes with screech
« Reply #325 on: January 23, 2020, 11:10:36 AM »
He didn't say 3 were impeached. He said 3 faced impeachment. I guess one might find talk of impeachment in other administrations.
I actually heard every Republican President since Eisenhower has had articles of impeachment brought up in the House.  Most of the time, they died in committee. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #326 on: January 23, 2020, 05:44:09 PM »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #327 on: January 23, 2020, 11:37:07 PM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #328 on: January 23, 2020, 11:37:38 PM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #329 on: January 25, 2020, 11:20:28 AM »
Listening to the Senate trial this AM, I'm getting the feeling that Democrats may have just gave themselves just enough rope to hang themselves.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 11:52:04 AM by charby »
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #330 on: January 25, 2020, 11:48:03 AM »
Schiff is creeping me out but what is creeping me even more is the religious like reverence some on the left seem to have for anything that comes out of mouth. All the while I see a Monty Python character.
- Calvin and Hobbes

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #331 on: January 25, 2020, 11:54:25 AM »
Shiff reminds me more of ....
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #332 on: January 25, 2020, 12:45:40 PM »
Schiff is creeping me out but what is creeping me even more is the religious like reverence some on the left seem to have for anything that comes out of mouth. All the while I see a Monty Python character.

Monty Python was funny. Nothing funny about Schiff, just a bloviating libtard with delusions of adequacy.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #333 on: January 25, 2020, 01:12:37 PM »

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #335 on: January 25, 2020, 02:09:14 PM »
Trump's team should lose in the senate because they're all white.

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2020/01/25/there-it-is-cnn-legal-analyst-jeffrey-toobin-criticizes-trump-defense-teams-wait-for-it-lack-of-diversity/

Further down on the page

How do you know that President Trump's team totally annihilated all Democrat arguments?

Because CNN is talking about how the President's team is "too white."

Yes, really.

— Abigail Marone (Text LIFE to 88022) (@abigailmarone) January 25, 2020
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #337 on: January 25, 2020, 09:27:08 PM »
This impeachment thing is the best bargain we ever got. The Dems are too busy falling over themselves with it to be screwing up the country and Trump barely has to put any effort into his campaign.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #338 on: January 27, 2020, 07:41:12 AM »
https://www.dailywire.com/news/critics-hammer-bolton-after-book-pre-order-goes-live-following-leaked-manuscript-published-by-nyt

@BuckSexton

Given the obvious timing of this, wondering if they will let Michael Avenatti out of prison to help Julie Swetnick claim she was on the phone call with Trump too, so the media can breathlessly print her insane and fact free allegations in a last desperate act to rig the trial
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #339 on: January 27, 2020, 08:39:39 AM »
https://www.dailywire.com/news/critics-hammer-bolton-after-book-pre-order-goes-live-following-leaked-manuscript-published-by-nyt

Gotta say that I'm super disappointed in Bolton these days. The opposite of how I used to think of him. I mean, a lot of this could be media manipulation and Bolton is taking unjustified heat, but I don't know.

I do blame Trump a little bit because of his "Twitter firings", where someone goes from "The best and brightest" to, "What a stupid loser! He was a dumb moron idiot who didn't know what he was doing!"

I read a Davos interview snippet with Trump where maybe he realized that.

"The problem with John [Bolton] is, it's a national security problem," Trump told Fox News at a recent press conference in Davos, Switzerland. "If you think about it, he knows some of my thoughts, he knows what I think about leaders. What happens if he reveals what I think about a certain leader and it's not very positive? ... It's going to be very hard, it's going to make the job very hard. He knows other things. I don't know if we left on the best of terms. I would say probably not. So you don't like people testifying when they didn't leave on good terms -- and that was due to me, not due to him."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #341 on: January 27, 2020, 05:13:15 PM »
New prediction:
Senate sees this as their golden opportunity to get rid of Trump.  They convict him in the senate and remove him, with hopes that the D candidate is toothless like Biden, and they can run a better candidate in 2024.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #342 on: January 27, 2020, 05:24:34 PM »
New prediction:
Senate sees this as their golden opportunity to get rid of Trump.  They convict him in the senate and remove him, with hopes that the D candidate is toothless like Biden, and they can run a better candidate in 2024.

That would be a huge mistake on their part, IMO. More people like, or if not like, sympathize with Trump for being railroaded than ever before. 

I can say that for myself, if they convict in the senate, it means that enough Rs either folded or became traitors, and  I won't even bother with whatever RINO puppet they run in Trump's place in November. I'll either do a write-in or stay home altogether, because this impeachment has been a sham by people who couldn't suck it up when they lost in 2016, and if elections don't matter anymore, then I'll stay at home with my guns and ammo and wait for the inevitable.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #343 on: January 27, 2020, 05:28:15 PM »
New prediction:
Senate sees this as their golden opportunity to get rid of Trump.  They convict him in the senate and remove him, with hopes that the D candidate is toothless like Biden, and they can run a better candidate in 2024.

Who predicted that?

So far, there has been no indication I have heard that any R Senators are even considering voting against Trump.  The type of politician who would do this is unlikely to do it without telegraphing it.  At the least, they would be talking to their financial backers to make sure they don't get hung out to dry.  It would probably leak at that point.  

There is still time for Trump to campaign for primary challengers for those that are up for reelection.  Which he could do even if they impeached him.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #344 on: January 27, 2020, 05:43:03 PM »
Also, from Gallup of all places:

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2020/01/27/this-is-why-they-are-going-apoplectic-gallup-poll-shows-most-americans-satisfied-with-the-economy-national-security/

So if Rs really want to shoot themselves in the foot because they have zero awareness of their base, vote to impeach, I guess.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #345 on: January 27, 2020, 06:02:51 PM »
New prediction:

Only in Bill Kristols wet dreams.

Prematurely ending Trump's presidency will end the Republican Party.

They do that and I'm afraid things will go hot. Let's hope they aren't that stupid.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #346 on: January 27, 2020, 06:23:53 PM »
For the record, it's my prediction. I didn't get it from any talking heads.

Only in Bill Kristols wet dreams.

They do that and I'm afraid things will go hot. Let's hope they aren't that stupid.

It won't be all of them. Just the middle of the road Never Trumpers.
Just enough of them will flip.  It will only take a handful.

Do you not think that the likes of Romney aren't that self serving and stupid?
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #347 on: January 27, 2020, 06:26:05 PM »

And very likely the Republic as we know it.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #348 on: January 27, 2020, 06:31:46 PM »
And very likely the Republic as we know it.

I call bullshit. Not enough people will boogaloo if he's ousted by the Senate. 
Those that do will be painted as Nazis and alt righters, sumarily rounded up and sent to prison.

The GOP thrives off being the opposition party.  Every time they've gained power, the squander it almost as fast.
Look at how they *expletive deleted*ed Virginia.  30% of the open seats weren't even contested.

JD

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #349 on: January 27, 2020, 06:36:31 PM »
I call bullshit. Not enough people will boogaloo if he's ousted by the Senate. 
Those that do will be painted as Nazis and alt righters, sumarily rounded up and sent to prison.

I don't see insurrection if they oust him - most of us have too easy of lives and Netflix and Costco and stuff that we don't want to give up. I do see the potential for significant John Galting - staying under the radar and saying "*expletive deleted*ck this" regarding laws and a whole lot of other stuff.

I agree with you that someone like Romney could easily put in a self-serving "impeach" vote.