Author Topic: Impeach rhymes with screech  (Read 62408 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Impeach rhymes with screech
« Reply #350 on: January 27, 2020, 06:37:16 PM »
I didn't say it wold be Civil War 2.0.
With Trump we had at least the chance to hold on to the last vestiges of the Republic at least until he is properly voted out of office by the voters.
With an impeachment in the senate the cause is lost. The libtards will be emboldened to "impeach" any conservative that rises. If we see a dem president and dem house and senate take control in the next election we are good and truly *expletive deleted*ed.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #351 on: January 27, 2020, 06:39:58 PM »
The libtards will be emboldened to "impeach" any conservative that rises.

And  I want our side to immediately impeach any dem that's elected, because that's how we do things now. Part of my John Galting to speed up whatever is happening.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #352 on: January 27, 2020, 06:45:19 PM »
Wont happen. We conservatives take the high road and don't stoop to such low brow tactics.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #353 on: January 27, 2020, 06:58:42 PM »
May our chains continue to rest lightly upon us then.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #354 on: January 27, 2020, 07:12:18 PM »
Wont happen. We conservatives take the high road and don't stoop to such low brow tactics.

BS.  The GOP went after Clinton after allegations he was banging an intern, and then made sure to impeach him on something, which ended up being the charge of lying under oath. 

No, the reason the GOP won't tit for tat is because they don't have the cahones.

The GOP is not the conservative party, by the way. They are an opposition party to the democrats.  They tax and spend and don't conserve much.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #355 on: January 27, 2020, 08:06:06 PM »
New prediction:
Senate sees this as their golden opportunity to get rid of Trump.  They convict him in the senate and remove him, with hopes that the D candidate is toothless like Biden, and they can run a better candidate in 2024.

Quite a prediction - interesting to think about and it provides for some more lively discussion but I wouldn't bet any money on it actually happening.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #356 on: January 27, 2020, 08:13:04 PM »
It would take 20 GOP senators to vote with all the Democrats to convict Trump.  There are at least that many never-Trumper senators in the GOP.  I've had a small nagging feeling all along that these never-Trumper senators have been discussing their options among themselves, and never letting on to Cocaine Mitch that they have been doing so.
Assuming the Senate will automatically acquit Trump is taking things for granted.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #357 on: January 27, 2020, 10:10:13 PM »
Quite a prediction - interesting to think about and it provides for some more lively discussion but I wouldn't bet any money on it actually happening.

Too unlikely to be interesting.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #358 on: January 28, 2020, 12:38:35 AM »
The never trumpers will vote to acquit. Not for love of Trump, but because they like their own little gravy train and as long as they get elected every six they don't need a real job.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #359 on: January 28, 2020, 09:17:18 AM »
For the record, it's my prediction. I didn't get it from any talking heads.

It won't be all of them. Just the middle of the road Never Trumpers.
Just enough of them will flip.  It will only take a handful.

Do you not think that the likes of Romney aren't that self serving and stupid?
I think Romney himself could make a decision that stupid.  I thought he made noises about supporting the impeachment investigation or at least asking supporting questions.  Nothing came of it so I assumed someone shut him up. 

The Republicans may not like Trump voters (just like Tea Party voters), but they realize they need them. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #360 on: January 28, 2020, 09:23:32 AM »
I think Romney himself could make a decision that stupid.  I thought he made noises about supporting the impeachment investigation or at least asking supporting questions.  Nothing came of it so I assumed someone shut him up. 

The Republicans may not like Trump voters (just like Tea Party voters), but they realize they need them. 

The Tea Party was a result of massive dissatisfaction with Washington, including the Republicans.

So the ruling parties (Democrats and Republicans) did everything they could to kill it.

Donald Trump is the result of that.

I think some of them (mostly on the Republican side) realize that if they try to "Tea Party" Trump, the next iteration will be worse. And might involve bloodshed, or AT LEAST prison.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #361 on: January 28, 2020, 05:46:25 PM »
Hold the phone
Of course the LAT could be reading too much into her statements but stay tuned

Breaking: Sen. Dianne Feinstein became the first Democrat to suggest that she could vote to acquit President Trump despite serious concerns about his character. https://t.co/82GoQkmpAB

— Los Angeles Times (@latimes) January 28, 2020
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2020/01/28/did-dianne-feinstein-just-suggest-that-she-might-vote-to-acquit-donald-trump-the-la-times-seems-to-think-so/

Feinstein leans toward acquitting Trump as his defense team ends impeachment arguments
https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2020-01-28/trump-team-wraps-impeachment-defense-with-an-elephant-in-the-senate-john-bolton
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #362 on: January 28, 2020, 06:02:27 PM »
Hold the phone
Of course the LAT could be reading too much into her statements but stay tuned
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2020/01/28/did-dianne-feinstein-just-suggest-that-she-might-vote-to-acquit-donald-trump-the-la-times-seems-to-think-so/

Feinstein leans toward acquitting Trump as his defense team ends impeachment arguments
https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2020-01-28/trump-team-wraps-impeachment-defense-with-an-elephant-in-the-senate-john-bolton

Check the updates.  Feinstein is backpedaling like Michael Moore past a doughnut shop.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #363 on: January 28, 2020, 06:03:55 PM »
Totally overlooked the updates. DOH!
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #364 on: January 28, 2020, 06:31:13 PM »
Check the updates.  Feinstein is backpedaling like Michael Moore past a doughnut shop.

:rofl:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #365 on: January 28, 2020, 07:54:25 PM »
That would be a huge mistake on their part, IMO. More people like, or if not like, sympathize with Trump for being railroaded than ever before. 

I can say that for myself, if they convict in the senate, it means that enough Rs either folded or became traitors, and  I won't even bother with whatever RINO puppet they run in Trump's place in November. I'll either do a write-in or stay home altogether, because this impeachment has been a sham by people who couldn't suck it up when they lost in 2016, and if elections don't matter anymore, then I'll stay at home with my guns and ammo and wait for the inevitable.

Pretty much my point of view as well.   
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

DittoHead

• friend
« Reply #366 on: January 29, 2020, 09:08:29 AM »
I do blame Trump a little bit because of his "Twitter firings", where someone goes from "The best and brightest" to, "What a stupid loser! He was a dumb moron idiot who didn't know what he was doing!"
Trump is predictable in a few ways  :laugh:

Quote from: Donald J. Trump
For a guy who couldn’t get approved for the Ambassador to the U.N. years ago, couldn’t get approved for anything since, “begged” me for a non Senate approved job, which I gave him despite many saying “Don’t do it, sir,” takes the job, mistakenly says “Libyan Model” on T.V., and..many more mistakes of judgement, gets fired because frankly, if I listened to him, we would be in World War Six by now, and goes out and IMMEDIATELY writes a nasty & untrue book. All Classified National Security. Who would do this?
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #367 on: January 29, 2020, 09:45:25 AM »
Trump is predictable in a few ways  :laugh:

But that is pretty what you get with the guy.  If he filtered all his words through handlers, we wouldn't hear that stuff.  

The next question is how many of the other politicians in D.C. think and/or say that (and worse) in private yet you never hear it because they don't speak their mind in public.  I think you would see a lot of them sounding more like AOC on a bad day.  
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 11:34:20 AM by MechAg94 »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Pb

• friend
« Reply #368 on: January 29, 2020, 10:09:59 AM »
MechAg94- very true.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #369 on: January 29, 2020, 10:26:27 AM »
But that is pretty what you get with the guy.  If filtered all his words through handlers, we wouldn't hear that stuff. 

The next question is how many of the other politicians in D.C. think and/or say that (and worse) in private yet you never hear it because they don't speak their mind in public.  I think you would see a lot of them sounding more like AOC on a bad day. 

It's kind of like the uproar when it leaked that Trump had called certain countries (that are peopled by color!) s-hole countries.

My reaction was:

1. Well, they are.
2. He didn't say it publicly. That's an impressive amount of restraint for President Trump. (Not really, but at the time I thought that. I've since seen that he tends to have strategy to his "outbursts.")
3. Why should I care what he says in private, especially when it's true, if inartful? That's kind of the point that presidents should be able to be less restrained in private.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #370 on: January 29, 2020, 06:56:09 PM »
So what are the rules in these hearings given that the Chief Justice is presiding? How close to a court of law is this? Because Schiff is perjuring himself big time and there seem to be zero repercussions.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2020/01/29/rep-adam-schiff-dodges-sen-ted-cruz-question-about-whistleblowers-possible-work-for-or-with-joe-biden/

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #371 on: January 29, 2020, 10:06:25 PM »
So what are the rules in these hearings given that the Chief Justice is presiding? How close to a court of law is this? Because Schiff is perjuring himself big time and there seem to be zero repercussions.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2020/01/29/rep-adam-schiff-dodges-sen-ted-cruz-question-about-whistleblowers-possible-work-for-or-with-joe-biden/

http://www.armedpolitesociety.com/index.php?topic=61720.0

Pretty clear explanation of the Chief Justice's role in the upcoming impeachment trial.  I'm sure the libs will be crying about Roberts not compelling testimony from Bolton et al, while blocking Hunter Biden, etc for having to also testify, but there isn't much Roberts can do in that regard, even if he wanted to.

https://www.scotusblog.com/2020/01/the-role-of-the-chief-justice-in-an-impeachment-trial/
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #372 on: January 30, 2020, 06:54:35 AM »
According to this article Bolton took Ukrainian money just before joining the Trump admin.

If true we should see it pop up in other rightish news sources.

https://nationalfile.com/john-bolton-took-six-figures-from-ukrainian-oligarch-clinton-foundation-donor/
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

DittoHead

• friend
« Reply #373 on: January 30, 2020, 09:13:42 AM »
According to this article Bolton took Ukrainian money just before joining the Trump admin.

If true we should see it pop up in other rightish news sources.

https://nationalfile.com/john-bolton-took-six-figures-from-ukrainian-oligarch-clinton-foundation-donor/

I don't see how that's going to get much traction...

The largest speaking fees came from a foundation run by Ukrainian steel magnate Viktor Pinchuk, which paid Bolton $115,000 for speeches in September 2017 and February 2018. Pinchuk, who generally advocates for closer ties between Ukraine and the West, also donated $150,000 to President Trump’s charitable foundation in exchange for a short speech Trump made to one of Pinchuk’s conferences by video in 2015.
:rofl:

WLJ

• friends
- Calvin and Hobbes