Author Topic: Impeach rhymes with screech  (Read 62388 times)

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
Re: Impeach rhymes with screech
« Reply #375 on: January 30, 2020, 03:06:15 PM »
Schiff is still claiming he doesn't know who the whistle blower is.

I don't get what Rand is trying to do here - is he just being cheeky?
I don’t know who the whistleblower is. Adam Schiff doesn’t know who the whistleblower is. My question is not about the whistleblower. My question is about two people who are friends who worked together … who have been overheard talking about impeaching the president years in advance of a process that then was created to get the impeachment process going,” Paul told reporters.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #376 on: January 30, 2020, 05:27:38 PM »
I don't get what Rand is trying to do here - is he just being cheeky?

Theoretically the whistle blowers identity is unknown.

There is no legitimate reason to censor the name of CIA agent Eric Ciaramella.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #377 on: January 30, 2020, 06:43:30 PM »
There is no legitimate reason to censor the name of CIA agent Eric Ciaramella.

But how is he relevant in the impeachment trial without being the whistleblower?
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #378 on: January 30, 2020, 07:10:32 PM »
It shows the State Dept was a department looking for an impeachable offense or pretense from the git go.

They are not patriots but partisans.

They are not trustworthy.

The dumbasses already testified that Trump was guilty because he tried to wrestle policy away from the "professionals".

The President sets policy.

The treasonous and traitorous behavior of the deep state functionaries almost makes me question my anti death penalty position.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #380 on: January 31, 2020, 09:21:30 AM »
Well, it appears fence-sitter Alexander (who is retiring) is saying he will not vote for witnesses. Barring a surprise traitor, that allows the other three to vote for witnesses and keep their constituents happy (I get Collins, but how do UT and AK have so many lefty republicans that they vote those senators in?).

Some say it will all be over today. Meanwhile:

However, overnight, multiple congressional sources told Fox News that Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., could seek to have the trial spill over into next week -- past the State of the Union address and the Iowa caucuses --  by introducing a series of motions and calling for more debate.

“The Senate can only move as fast as its slowest member," one source said. Asked when the trial would end, another replied, “when everyone is exhausted.”

Also, sore loser again, with the same reasoning that caused this fiasco, where elections don't count if your candidate loses:

In scathing comments Thursday as her party appeared on the verge of defeat in the Senate impeachment trial, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi argued that President Trump "cannot be acquitted" if the trial lacks the witness testimony and documentation that Democrats have been seeking.

The San Francisco Democrat also fired on Trump's impeachment defense team, saying they've "disgraced themselves" during this week's trial and suggesting they deserve disbarment over their trial remarks.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #381 on: January 31, 2020, 09:25:00 AM »
Well, it appears fence-sitter Alexander (who is retiring) is saying he will not vote for witnesses. Barring a surprise traitor, that allows the other three to vote for witnesses and keep their constituents happy (I get Collins, but how do UT and AK have so many lefty republicans that they vote those senators in?).

Alaska-residents get oil dividends.

Utah-probably backlash against the LDS church

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #382 on: January 31, 2020, 09:31:06 AM »

If it's backlash against Mormons, Why vote for a Mormon?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #383 on: January 31, 2020, 09:32:34 AM »

Half the residents of Alaska live in Anchorage.  What happens in big cities in every state?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #384 on: January 31, 2020, 09:35:47 AM »
Half the residents of Alaska live in Anchorage.  What happens in big cities in every state?

I'm sure that's it, but because "Alaska" you think fiercely independent vs "my hand is out for free stuff", but there's no reason for Anchorage not to be like any other big city.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #385 on: January 31, 2020, 09:36:30 AM »
If it's backlash against Mormons, Why vote for a Mormon?

Same reason many card carrying republicans will never vote for a democrat.

It's Utah, do you think anyone in the LDS church would ever get behind a non LDS candidate? I imagine the LDS church is a huge voting block, but there might be enough moderate or libertarian leaning republicans to keep the theocratical (might be a new word) candidates out of the running.

Uranus is a gas giant.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #386 on: January 31, 2020, 02:06:43 PM »
Well Alaska came through. She apparently said that Warren's sham question to Roberts is part of what made her mind up regarding the whole impeachment being a politically motivated sham in which it would be impossible for Trump to get a fair hearing.

They are supposedly going to put the kibosh on the whole thing in a few hours. If anyone is running out of liberal tears, today is election day 2016 all over again - you can restock from a near unlimited supply.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/murkowski-comes-out-against-impeachment-witnesses-putting-trump-on-path-to-acquittal

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #387 on: January 31, 2020, 03:13:15 PM »
"Big day today."    - Mitch McConnell
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #390 on: January 31, 2020, 04:58:52 PM »

Uranus is a gas giant.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #391 on: February 01, 2020, 11:50:19 AM »
I'm starting to wonder if the President is even impeached. If the House failed to charge the President with any crimes, can it truly be considered impeachment?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #392 on: February 01, 2020, 12:44:11 PM »
I'm starting to wonder if the President is even impeached. If the House failed to charge the President with any crimes, can it truly be considered impeachment?

No, but you can call it childish vengeful harassment.

Ben:

Also, sore loser again, with the same reasoning that caused this fiasco, where elections don't count if your candidate loses...

Do-over, do-over, do-over ! ! !

Terry, , 230RN
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 01:21:49 PM by 230RN »

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #393 on: February 01, 2020, 02:44:47 PM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #394 on: February 05, 2020, 04:28:08 PM »
One down, one to go

BREAKING: Enough senators have cast "not guilty" votes to acquit President Trump on the first of two impeachment charges, abuse of power. Voting continues. https://t.co/2oSARbLo8U

— The Associated Press (@AP) February 5, 2020
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #395 on: February 05, 2020, 04:39:33 PM »
Acquitted

- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #396 on: February 05, 2020, 04:48:14 PM »
https://apnews.com/93c85dcfb0e6b2185391965e77ebea51

Quote from: Associated Press
But the final tallies — 52-48 favoring acquittal of abuse of power, 53-47 of obstruction of Congress’ investigation — fell far short. Two-thirds “guilty” votes would have been needed to reach the Constitution’s bar of high crimes and misdemeanors to convict and remove Trump from office.

Romney choked up as said drew on his faith and “oath before God” to announce he would vote guilty on the first charge, abuse of power. He would vote to acquit on the second.

So straight party-line vote except for Romney.  No surprise there.

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #397 on: February 05, 2020, 04:49:03 PM »
Over/under on when they open another impeachment inquiry in the House?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #398 on: February 05, 2020, 04:50:14 PM »
Over/under on when they open another impeachment inquiry in the House?

Bet Nancy P already has it prepared
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #399 on: February 05, 2020, 05:18:44 PM »
Glad I was wrong about the NeverTrumper Republicans in the Senate.  I really expected to see some of them vote guilty.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.