Author Topic: Gender confusion, double dysphoria?  (Read 940 times)

Kingcreek

• friend
Gender confusion, double dysphoria?
« on: October 14, 2019, 11:52:42 AM »
I don't know who is more confused, me or the involved individuals.
I have no connection other than knowing one of the involved families.
Here is the situation,
Young person, born female, goes to college and decides she prefers same sex significant other. Not unusual but then, both female born lovers decide they are actually gay men trapped in female bodies. Now both are undergoing atleast drug male-ification if not more. They are in the process of becoming more male so they can be their true happy and contented selves. They have both said they will do anything to become male.
The one person's parents see the whole thing very differently and will probably divorce over it. Mom is woke and just wants her offspring to be happy and fully supports this transformation, Dad is furious at the medical expenses somehow landing in his lap and doesn't understand the concept.
Is this a new thing? I admit I am not yet woke to all this new gender stuff that is so much different than when I discovered I was male and females were desirable.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Re: Gender confusion, double dysphoria?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2019, 11:59:56 AM »
They both want to become men so they can date men?  Is that right?

Sounds like all they want to do is create hardships for themselves.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2019, 12:01:46 PM »
No, this is not a new thing.  The only thing new about this concept is that there are now various medical and surgical interventions available to bring about physical changes consistent with the person's view of themselves.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2019, 12:03:44 PM »
What a sad story.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2019, 12:11:02 PM »
No, this is not a new thing.  The only thing new about this concept is that there are now various medical and surgical interventions available to bring about physical changes consistent with the person's view of themselves.

Artful fake, at best.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2019, 12:14:14 PM »
Its cosmetic surgery. The kids can pay for it themselves when they are adults.

Plus the 40%+ suicide rate for trans people...
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2019, 12:23:43 PM »
Sounds like two very sick people.

Mom is woke and just wants her offspring to be happy and fully supports this transformation, Dad is furious at the medical expenses somehow landing in his lap and doesn't understand the concept.

Dad has every right to be furious if "it" (since subject of discussion has yet to decide exactly where to reside on that particular spectrum) expects Parent National Bank to foot the bill. Want to go through the process on your own time and own dime? Fine by me. Knock yourself out. You'll get all the love and non-financial support we can muster. Expect someone else to fund your indulgence? Screw you. Go figure out who or what you want to be with your own money.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2019, 12:47:02 PM »

Dad has every right to be furious if "it" (since subject of discussion has yet to decide exactly where to reside on that particular spectrum) expects Parent National Bank to foot the bill. Want to go through the process on your own time and own dime? Fine by me. Knock yourself out. You'll get all the love and non-financial support we can muster. Expect someone else to fund your indulgence? Screw you. Go figure out who or what you want to be with your own money.

Motion seconded.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

grampster

• friend
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2019, 12:47:34 PM »
Mental illness is now considered normal, and those of who are sane are considered abnormal by the "Woke". 
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2019, 01:51:27 PM »
IMO, the difference (part of it) is these days there are all sort of people (including professionals) telling them they are right and encouraging their decision.  I gotta wonder if they are just unhappy in some way and someone convinced them this is the cause of their unhappiness.  The surgery won't make them happy.  I think that is where the suicide risk comes in.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2019, 02:03:30 PM »
I've come to the conclusion that today's college turns people gay. A close friend's (born) daughter left college several different flavors of not exactly female, now wraps their breasts, demands to be called by a masculine name, and has settled on feeling like a cis-male. So... a gay female? I don't know anymore. :facepalm:
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

brimic

• friends
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2019, 02:23:40 PM »
The surgery won't make them happy.  I think that is where the suicide risk comes in.

I've read some pretty horrifying stories.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2019, 02:25:06 PM »
I agree our institutions of higher learning have become progressive social programming centers. 2 of our 3 adult children survived college and turned out mostly normal. One attended one semester and is now openly lesbian but it wasn't college that did it. I don't have to understand it to accept it.
I worry for my college bound grandchildren. I pray they are level headed and rational enough to live normal happy lives.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2019, 02:36:08 PM »
I can't help but wonder if some of these decisions are politically driven, in the sense that their excessively strong political beliefs and desire to be "woke" overcome their mental health.  Not in all cases, but certainly some of them.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2019, 04:44:45 PM »
I can't help but wonder if some of these decisions are politically driven, in the sense that their excessively strong political beliefs and desire to be "woke" overcome their mental health.  Not in all cases, but certainly some of them.
Are you thinking of peer and group pressure to conform to a set of beliefs and behavior?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2019, 04:46:12 PM »
I agree our institutions of higher learning have become progressive social programming centers. 2 of our 3 adult children survived college and turned out mostly normal. One attended one semester and is now openly lesbian but it wasn't college that did it. I don't have to understand it to accept it.
I worry for my college bound grandchildren. I pray they are level headed and rational enough to live normal happy lives.
I wonder if they were sure of their beliefs and values before going to college.  Had they ever questioned their own beliefs before that?

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2019, 05:34:07 PM »
I wonder if they were sure of their beliefs and values before going to college.  Had they ever questioned their own beliefs before that?
I don’t know the girl(?) well enough to say but it’s my impression she has always been a little weird.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2019, 06:48:30 PM »
Are you thinking of peer and group pressure to conform to a set of beliefs and behavior?

Yes, to some degree.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2019, 07:39:08 PM »
Mental illness is now considered normal, and those of  us  who are sane are considered abnormal by the "Woke". 

The more I think about it, the more I think that's right correct..

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2019, 07:57:54 PM »
They both want to become men so they can date men?  Is that right?
No.
They want to be together as gay men for each other even though they were both born with female DNA and what would appear to be the standard female equipment package.
The one from the family I know already has a fuzzy little mustache

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2019, 05:43:16 AM »
No.
They want to be together as gay men for each other even though they were both born with female DNA and what would appear to be the standard female equipment package.
The one from the family I know already has a fuzzy little mustache

That is even worse than my scenario.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?