Author Topic: CA to Ban Fur Clothing  (Read 789 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
CA to Ban Fur Clothing
« on: October 12, 2019, 08:29:12 PM »
Man, I got out of there in the nick of time. Newsom is banning stuff left and right.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2019/10/12/california-to-ban-the-sale-of-fur-clothing-starting-in-2023/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

griz

• friend
Re: CA to Ban Fur Clothing
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2019, 08:50:42 PM »
Remember when the trendy way to protest fur coats was to throw paint on the wearer, and somebody asked why they didn't throw paint on bikers wearing leather vests?

Same here, when they ban leather car seats and leather shoes I will believe they are concerned.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2019, 06:25:06 PM »
Remember when the trendy way to protest fur coats was to throw paint on the wearer, and somebody asked why they didn't throw paint on bikers wearing leather vests?
Funny story I heard a couple of decades ago from a Minneapolis cop.

Elderly couple were walking down the street window shopping on the edge of downtown. Woman was wearing a fur.

A lone female protestor accosted, then assaulted them, throwing paint on the elderly woman and knocking her down, breaking her arm or elbow.

Female protester woke up heavily bandaged, under arrest and handcuffed to a bed in the local hospital's ICU. It turned out the elderly couple wasn't alone, the 30-something young man walking a short distance behind them was their son, who took a dim view of this violent assault on his parents. Protestor's face was rearranged by being introduced - vigorously and repeatedly - to the curb. The elderly father apparently saved her life by calling off his son. Protestor was charged with multiple felonies including something along the lines of assault on an elderly person.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2019, 01:00:46 AM »
Crying shame, all the bars of soap laying around for people to slip on.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2019, 06:45:49 AM »

Parts of California seem to have banned soap, too.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2019, 08:49:39 AM »
That wasn't soap.   =D
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Pb

• friend
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2019, 09:00:41 AM »

Same here, when they ban leather car seats and leather shoes I will believe they are concerned.

Exactly.

I wonder what percentage of the folks that voted for this were wearing leather?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2019, 09:36:03 AM »
Exactly.

I wonder what percentage of the folks that voted for this were wearing leather?

No one voted. It's another one of the ban bill's Newsom and the dem supermajority are cramming through at ramming speed. Most of the stuff being signed into law now by Newsom seems to be stuff that Jerry Brown vetoed or would not sign.

Interesting to think that I guy nicknamed "Moonbeam" is considered overly conservative.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."