Author Topic: Gotta Love Mattis Quotes  (Read 1073 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Gotta Love Mattis Quotes
« on: October 18, 2019, 08:28:32 AM »
Mattis, who usually just stays silent, has finally taken a shot back at Trump:

“I’ve earned my spurs on the battlefield…and Donald Trump earned his spurs in a letter from a doctor.” Former Defense Secretary James Mattis makes light of Pres. Trump calling him “the world’s most overrated general,” speaking at the Al Smith dinner in NY/

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2019/10/18/james-mattis-jokes-about-president-trumps-bone-spurs-at-the-al-smith-dinner/

While I've come to, if not accept, at least ignore Trump's Junior High name calling regarding his opponents, it still irritates me when he does it to people from his own administration* that he was earlier praising as, "The greatest ever!" He went from having a schoolboy crush on Mattis to saying some pretty stupid stuff about how crappy he is, while he (Trump) is the greatest military strategist the world has ever known. Now Mattis took careful aim and sent one downrange.  :lol:

* The Mooch and Omarosa deserved it, but they should never have gotten anywhere near the White House in the first place. People like Mattis and Tillerson deserve a bit more respect, especially since unlike Mooch and Omarosa, they were showing respect and mostly staying silent when they parted ways with the administration (or the administration parted ways with them).
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
Re: Gotta Love Mattis Quotes
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2019, 09:19:04 AM »
How nice of the coastal elites to invite a military elite to join in on bashing the president.
The fake-news media will probably play this one on loop for days.
PRESIDENTIAL HARASSMENT!
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2019, 10:35:51 AM »
Mattis sure acts butt hurt for such a tough guy.

Is he on the boards of or a shareholder in any part of the MIC?

I was pretty high on him initially but I've come to be underwhelmed.

Don't be surprised if surgery is recommended if you see a surgeon.

Don't be surprised if military options are recommended if you ask a general.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2019, 10:44:33 AM »
Mattis sure acts butt hurt for such a tough guy.

Is he on the boards of or a shareholder in any part of the MIC?

I was pretty high on him initially but I've come to be underwhelmed.

Don't be surprised if surgery is recommended if you see a surgeon.

Don't be surprised if military options are recommended if you ask a general.

I used to like John Bolton as well, but he turned out to be nothing more than another neocon blowhard.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2019, 11:08:33 AM »
I used to like John Bolton as well, but he turned out to be nothing more than another neocon blowhard.

The country has been voting to get out of these middle east entanglements for decades and the monoparty functionaries just aren't listening.

They certainly aren't working for the voters.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2019, 09:16:50 AM »

agreed

Unisaw

• friend
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2019, 08:50:57 PM »
Mattis was on the board of Theranos, which was a scam and the subject of the book Bad Blood.  He is currently on the board of General Dynamics.
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame