Author Topic: Servergate -- Nothing to see here, move along.  (Read 1282 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Servergate -- Nothing to see here, move along.
« on: October 19, 2019, 06:37:52 PM »
https://apnews.com/14b14afc5d8647858489a2cf5385c28d

Once again, the person responsible for the problem escapes accountability, while 38 low-level people who sent classified e-mails to the address they were almost certainly told to send them to have been singled out for punishment.

Hillary is so far beneath contempt that I have given up trying to find words to describe her particular degree of vileness.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

brimic

• friends
Re: Servergate -- Nothing to see here, move along.
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2019, 07:32:21 PM »
Who cares? Orange man bad, must impeach.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2019, 01:41:23 PM »
Who cares? Orange man bad, must impeach.
Impeach only way keep Orange Man from steal election again, dis time fum Warren/Biden/Sanders/Whoever.  (Grunt)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2019, 04:26:38 PM »
As expected.  It's funny how so many in the small conservative media community have made such a big thing of this over the last few years.  Anyone with two brain cells to rub together knew nothing would come of any of the investigations.  I wonder what else might have been covered by conservative media if they had realized the futility of reporting on Her Royal Clintoness' illegal activities?
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2019, 05:28:40 PM »
https://apnews.com/14b14afc5d8647858489a2cf5385c28d

Once again, the person responsible for the problem escapes accountability, while 38 low-level people who sent classified e-mails to the address they were almost certainly told to send them to have been singled out for punishment.

Hillary is so far beneath contempt that I have given up trying to find words to describe her particular degree of vileness.
IMO, even if only the lower level people get punished, that should at least send a message to the underlings of the next one to do this.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2019, 05:38:36 PM »
As expected.  It's funny how so many in the small conservative media community have made such a big thing of this over the last few years.  Anyone with two brain cells to rub together knew nothing would come of any of the investigations.  I wonder what else might have been covered by conservative media if they had realized the futility of reporting on Her Royal Clintoness' illegal activities?

They know what they're doing. It's called crafting a narrative, and it's something the Right needs to do more of, and do better. We have millions of people thinking Donald Trump is evil incarnate, who should be impeached, jailed, and/or beheaded. That's because of Left-wing narrative-building. We should all be glad that there are some pro-Americans out there, crafting similar (but factually supported) narratives about people on the Left.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2019, 12:45:05 PM »
LOCK HER UP was campaign fodder - justice and accountability were beside the point.

Quote from: Donald Trump in November 2016
I think it would be very very divisive. My inclination would be for whatever power I have on the matter is to say let’s go forward. This has been looked at for so long, ad nauseum.
I don’t want to hurt the Clintons, I really don’t, She went through a lot and suffered greatly in many different ways.
Quote from:  Rudy Giuliani in November 2016
“Look, there’s a tradition in American politics that after you win an election, you sort of put things behind you, and if that’s the decision he reached, that’s perfectly consistent with sort of a historical pattern of things come up, you say a lot of things, even some bad things might happen, and then you can sort of put it behind you in order to unite the nation.”
And now the nation is united. :angel:
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2019, 03:30:17 PM »
My take away from the results all the "in your face" corruption that has been exposed in the last 5-6 years is that A-If.you are a powerful Democrat the laws don't apply to you. And B- All a Democrat has to do to avoid scrutiny by Republicans is run for president.

I've really known that for a long time but it has now been codified into the culture.

Also, I seriously doubt Trump will receive the same "professional courtesy" he his showing the democrats when his time.in office is over.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams