Author Topic: USPS Run By Democrats  (Read 1608 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
USPS Run By Democrats
« on: October 22, 2019, 11:02:06 AM »
I know a few of us have been making curmudgeonly posts about shippers screwing up our delivery, but i just have to add one more. At this point, I'm not even that mad about it, it has become almost comical.

I had a package shipped to me USPS priority on 16OCT. This should mean that it would arrive on ~18OCT. Instead, it keeps departing a Phoenix shipping facility on different days. I get the following update:

October 22, 2019, 12:20 am
Departed USPS Regional Origin Facility
PHOENIX AZ DISTRIBUTION CENTER ANNEX
Your item departed our PHOENIX AZ DISTRIBUTION CENTER ANNEX origin facility on October 22, 2019 at 12:20 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

Replace "October 22" with all the previous days between now and 16OCT. Every day, the notice has been updated with a new date that it has left that facility. It's like groundhog day.

At least UPS and Fedex will say, "There has been a delay" or something similar to let you know what is going on. USPS must be run by democrat politicians that just tell you a different lie every day.  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: USPS Run By Democrats
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2019, 12:28:16 PM »
Did you ever get your priority package?

What day did it actually depart/arrive?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

griz

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2019, 01:07:05 PM »
I've had something similar, although I can't remember the exact wording of the status.  I assumed the company sending it has some way of entering it in the USPS system before the package actually gets to the USPS.  Either that or there is a twilight zone zip code in the post office.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2019, 01:13:07 PM »
Did you ever get your priority package?

What day did it actually depart/arrive?

I did. Who knows what day it actually departed, but it arrived  I think three days after I posted here.

Funny, I have the same problem with stuff coming to me that goes through USPS in I think Hermiston, OR (by Portland). When I see an Amazon package routing through there,  I can guarantee a 30% chance that it gets held up somehow and will get to me a day later than it's supposed to. UPS also routes packages through there, and I never have a delay with them (at least in that location).
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2019, 01:34:23 PM »
I remember back when FFL dealers had to ship their guns via USPS with the word "FIREARM" in 1" red letters on the package. The chances of a pistol-size box getting through the main Chicago post office were low.

So a couple of enterprising dealers began shipping "FIREARM" labeled packages to one another, and heavily insuring them. The boxes actually contained a couple of pounds of scrap metal or gravel. Most didn't make it through the Chicago USPS terminal, and the post office simply paid off the insurance without comment.

Repeatedly.

>:D
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2019, 08:10:48 PM »
I did. Who knows what day it actually departed, but it arrived  I think three days after I posted here.

Funny, I have the same problem with stuff coming to me that goes through USPS in I think Hermiston, OR (by Portland). When I see an Amazon package routing through there,  I can guarantee a 30% chance that it gets held up somehow and will get to me a day later than it's supposed to. UPS also routes packages through there, and I never have a delay with them (at least in that location).

Hermiston is actually almost three hours east of Portland on I-84.  It's actually in Eastern Oregon by that measure.  And Hermiston is quite famous for its watermelons.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2019, 08:33:30 PM »
Hermiston is actually almost three hours east of Portland on I-84.  It's actually in Eastern Oregon by that measure.  And Hermiston is quite famous for its watermelons.

Ah, okay. Even closer to me yet still a boondoggle location.  :laugh:

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2019, 08:43:32 PM »

I drive through (by) it every time I came down I82 to I 84 through OR and ID. Famous for all melons actually but more so for watermelons and cantaloupes. It's the run off water from the Hanford site in WA that gives them a special goodness. ;)

Ben, Hermiston is a hub so once your stuff is there it probably goes to Boise or Nampa before it comes to you, probably drive it right by your place.

bob

grampster

• friend
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2019, 09:23:38 PM »
Speaking of watermelons, driving to Florida one time many years ago, there was a sign on a road side fruit stand that said, "Watermelons 25 cents each, three for a dollar."

I returned an item to a retail store on the east coast via USPS.  It wound up in a distribution center near the retail place.  Several inquiries about why it wasn't delivered kept coming back with the same message:  "Item out for delivery" or "Item arrived at distribution center" on different days.  The retail store never received the item and even sent someone to pick the item up and it was never found.  I finally got a refund.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2019, 09:53:29 PM »

Ben, Hermiston is a hub so once your stuff is there it probably goes to Boise or Nampa before it comes to you, probably drive it right by your place.

bob

Yeah, USPS stuff all goes from there to Boise, then back this way to my little post office. UPS stuff goes from there to Payette, and my delivery truck rolls from there.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2019, 08:18:59 AM »
Color me embarrassed. I was just tracking another package, and realized I'd pointed the finger at the wrong place. it's not Hermiston that's the hold up (stuff still routes through there). It's Hillsboro where packages get held up.

I'd need to look up past orders, but I'm thinking UPS goes through Hermiston for me, and USPS goes through Hillsboro.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2019, 08:20:42 AM »
"I was just tracking another package, and realized I'd pointed the finger at the wrong place. it's not Hermiston that's the hold up (stuff still routes through there). It's Hillsboro where packages get held up."

YOU SLANDERING BASTARD!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2019, 08:22:03 AM »

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2019, 09:36:58 AM »
According to a USPS rep on the phone that just because tracking shows USPS received the package that doesn't actually mean they received the package and thus they didn't lose it.  Bye, have a nice day. :facepalm:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2019, 05:08:07 PM »
Color me embarrassed. I was just tracking another package, and realized I'd pointed the finger at the wrong place. it's not Hermiston that's the hold up (stuff still routes through there). It's Hillsboro where packages get held up.

I'd need to look up past orders, but I'm thinking UPS goes through Hermiston for me, and USPS goes through Hillsboro.

It's probably my ex-wife's fault.  She lives in my ex-house in Hillsboro, or Hillsbario as it is sometimes known.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.