Author Topic: Welp, Virginia is screwed  (Read 38054 times)

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
Re: Welp, Virginia is screwed
« Reply #200 on: January 17, 2020, 01:08:24 PM »
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #201 on: January 17, 2020, 03:54:16 PM »
Agent provocateurs?

Even if they have common cause with the pro-RKBA crowd, I wouldn't want to be anywhere near Antifa, given their track record.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #202 on: January 17, 2020, 04:01:59 PM »
Agent provocateurs?

Even if they have common cause with the pro-RKBA crowd, I wouldn't want to be anywhere near Antifa, given their track record.

Anything they do will be Trump's fault
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #203 on: January 17, 2020, 04:22:30 PM »
Anything they do will be Trump's fault

True. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #204 on: January 17, 2020, 04:36:22 PM »
We are witness to the systematic elimination of the right/conservative movement's ability to exercise their 1st Amendment rights to peaceably assemble.
We know damn good and well that any conservative assembly has a high probability of being "protested" and likely violently by the left. We've seen venues cancel conservative speakers because of "security threats".  We saw in Charlottesville that the police, at the probably instructions of city government facilitated violent confrontations between opposing groups.
If the demonstrations go on in Richmond as planned I expect at least some violence. It will be telling to see how the police respond.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #205 on: January 17, 2020, 05:23:58 PM »
We are witness to the systematic elimination of the right/conservative movement's ability to exercise their 1st Amendment rights to peaceably assemble.

We shouldn't be defeatist about this. Yes, there are awful things going on, but this isn't predetermined. It's not over.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #206 on: January 17, 2020, 06:58:44 PM »
We shouldn't be defeatist about this. Yes, there are awful things going on, but this isn't predetermined. It's not over.

I'm actually hopeful that this will be a large enough peaceful protest that, coupled with all the local governments supporting them, it will possibly put the kibosh on the commies.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #207 on: January 17, 2020, 07:44:34 PM »
I'm actually hopeful that this will be a large enough peaceful protest that, coupled with all the local governments supporting them, it will possibly put the kibosh on the commies.

The event is to be in Richmond. I doubt the local government is sympathetic to the VCDL cause.
I'm really hoping this will fizzle out but it has the makings of an epic shitshow.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #208 on: January 17, 2020, 08:10:10 PM »
the ban on helmets and shields will limit antifa, is it illegal to wear a mask tho?
 No one I know in NV is tracking this at all, its not on national news enough to grab the attention
of my coworkers, mostly conservative guys.
What I have seen is the dinosaur media is trying to turn this into Charlotetsville 2.0
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #209 on: January 17, 2020, 09:21:49 PM »
the ban on helmets and shields will limit antifa, is it illegal to wear a mask tho?
 No one I know in NV is tracking this at all, its not on national news enough to grab the attention
of my coworkers, mostly conservative guys.
What I have seen is the dinosaur media is trying to turn this into Charlotetsville 2.0

The forecast says sunny, with a high of 40 degrees. Do you think they'll try to enforce a ban on masks?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #210 on: January 18, 2020, 08:13:37 AM »
So the FBI is involved in this, and I don't know, it all sounds a little fishy.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-second-amendment-gun-rights-rally
https://www.foxnews.com/us/fbi-arrests-white-supremacist-group-links-ahead-virginia-pro-gun-rally

Maybe these guys are evil white supremacist criminals who were out to start trouble. Does that necessarily tie them to the protestors in VA? The charges appear, to say the least, vague:

The complaint charged Canadian national Patrik Jordan Mathews, 27, and Brian Mark Lemley Jr., 33, of Elkton, Md., with transporting a firearm and ammunition with intent to commit a felony. William Garfield Bilbrough IV, 19, of Denton, Md., was charged with “transporting and harboring aliens.”

I'm not sure what our laws are regarding non-citizens transporting firearms. It sounds like there was just a firearm in the car. Did they read their minds regarding "intent to commit a felony"? The other guy appears to have been arrested just for driving the car.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #211 on: January 18, 2020, 08:44:11 AM »
It is pretty much expected that the gun free zone will be used to funnel the pro gun protesters into Antfia.
Take that for what it's worth.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #212 on: January 18, 2020, 08:57:11 AM »
It is pretty much expected that the gun free zone will be used to funnel the pro gun protesters into Antfia.
Take that for what it's worth.

I still hate antifa, but it would be pleasantly interesting if this happened:

https://youtu.be/XT47PqawyNg?t=66

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #213 on: January 18, 2020, 10:56:34 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Il0KO9vpsBA
 Mrgunsngear has done a couple updates for the rally on Monday.  In this one, he put up a map showing where he was planning to meet up.  I believe he said he had no intention of going into the "free speech zone" where he had to be disarmed. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #214 on: January 18, 2020, 02:01:23 PM »
The forecast says sunny, with a high of 40 degrees. Do you think they'll try to enforce a ban on masks?

40 degrees is not cold.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #215 on: January 18, 2020, 03:33:06 PM »

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #216 on: January 18, 2020, 04:19:27 PM »
Uh....

OK

40 degrees is like hoodie sweatshirt weather, perfect.

Uranus is a gas giant.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #217 on: January 18, 2020, 04:34:35 PM »
40 degrees is like hoodie sweatshirt weather, perfect.

OK, charby will be in charge of the dress code for Richmond, then. Is it OK to wear Realtree with plaid?

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #218 on: January 18, 2020, 04:36:14 PM »
40F, calm and clement weather is quite different than 40F, windy and inclement weather.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #219 on: January 18, 2020, 04:40:36 PM »
40F, calm and clement weather is quite different than 40F, windy and inclement weather.

Ugh, yes. We had 40 deg with 30-40mph wind a couple of days ago. I'll take zero degrees and no wind over that any day of the week.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #220 on: January 18, 2020, 04:42:07 PM »
OK, charby will be in charge of the dress code for Richmond, then. Is it OK to wear Realtree with plaid?

no deer skin with your coon skin cap.

Uranus is a gas giant.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #221 on: January 18, 2020, 04:42:50 PM »

true

Uranus is a gas giant.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #222 on: January 18, 2020, 04:52:53 PM »
Man, this Bill Kristol guy has just totally lost it. I seem to remember him as pretty far right, but Trump really broke him. He still claims to be right/Republican, but then he said this in response to Trump's tweet supporting protestors in VA:

Our second amendment isn't under attack. Our state may well be under attack, though, if violent mobs succeed in assembling in Richmond Monday. A normal president would urge calm and offer assistance. But that is the way of a president, not of a demagogue. https://t.co/LXS4Mtlbja

— Bill Kristol (@BillKristol) January 17, 2020

How the *expletive deleted*ck is the 2nd not under direct attack in VA?

EDIT: And by the way, when was the last time a president openly supported pro 2nd Amendment protestors? Even if they claimed to be pro 2nd,  I don't recall the Bushes or Reagan giving encouragement to people fighting for their 2nd Amendment rights. Gotta give Trump kudos here.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #223 on: January 18, 2020, 05:01:12 PM »
Man, this Bill Kristol guy has just totally lost it. I seem to remember him as pretty far right, but Trump really broke him. He still claims to be right/Republican, but then he said this in response to Trump's tweet supporting protestors in VA:

How the *expletive deleted*ck is the 2nd not under direct attack in VA?

EDIT: And by the way, when was the last time a president openly supported pro 2nd Amendment protestors? Even if they claimed to be pro 2nd,  I don't recall the Bushes or Reagan giving encouragement to people fighting for their 2nd Amendment rights. Gotta give Trump kudos here.

First, 2nd, 4th, and parts of the 5th Amendments are all under attack here at the same time.  (if they could figure out a way to attack the 3rd they probably would do that too)  The 2nd is just drawing the attention.  Nobody else seems to see that :/  I bet they are also violating the Virginia state constitution, but I have no direct knowledge of that.
"It's good, though..."

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
  • My Gender and Pronouns are Standard.
« Reply #224 on: January 18, 2020, 05:39:03 PM »
First, 2nd, 4th, and parts of the 5th Amendments are all under attack here at the same time.  (if they could figure out a way to attack the 3rd they probably would do that too)  The 2nd is just drawing the attention.  Nobody else seems to see that :/  I bet they are also violating the Virginia state constitution, but I have no direct knowledge of that.

Here is your answer:
Quote from: Virginia's Constitution
Section 7. Laws should not be suspended.
That all power of suspending laws, or the execution of laws, by any authority, without consent of the
representatives of the people, is injurious to their rights, and ought not to be exercised.

Section 13. Militia; standing armies; military subordinate to civil power.
That a well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and
safe defense of a free state, therefore, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed; that
standing armies, in time of peace, should be avoided as dangerous to liberty; and that in all cases the military should
be under strict subordination to, and governed by, the civil power.

Woody
   "Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future."   B.E.Wood