Author Topic: Welp, Virginia is screwed  (Read 38051 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Welp, Virginia is screwed
« Reply #300 on: January 21, 2020, 11:45:14 AM »
Wearing a mask is illegal?  WTF is that about?

Several states have one. I'm thinking AR or AL used it when antifa came to town. I'm pretty sure someone here posted video at the time.

I can understand what I think is your concern from he freedom side, but much like with cops who hide their faces, I think people looking to do something to me should buck up and show themselves.

In this case, it appears the majority of "mask wearers" were wearing neck gators for the cold as there appears to have been wind and wind chill going on.  I saw the cops were doing the same thing.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #301 on: January 21, 2020, 11:46:07 AM »
https://genesiustimes.com/breaking-23-killed-at-virginia-white-supremacist-gun-rights-protest-dozens-injured/

Babylon Bee has some competition.

Another from that site:

https://genesiustimes.com/virginia-dems-send-in-beto-orourke-to-confiscate-guns-in-2nd-amendment-sanctuaries/

RICHMOND, VA— Democratic lawmakers on Capitol Hill say local police who do not enforce gun control measures likely to pass in Virginia will have to face a flappy-armed Robert “Beto” O’Rourke.

In a statement, Democratic Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam has announced that fervent anti-gun activist and former presidential candidate O’Rourke will personally go house to house and confiscate illegal weapons with his flailing arms.

“We are pleased to announce that our good friend ‘Beto’ will be single-handedly confiscating all the illegal firearms possessed by the the gun owners throughout the state,” Northam said.

Democratic Virginia Rep. Boog Allue suggested cutting off state funds to counties that do not comply with any gun control measures that pass in Richmond.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

brimic

• friends
« Reply #302 on: January 21, 2020, 11:46:48 AM »
It's reported that one woman was arrested at the event, for refusing to remove the mask over her face.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/narrative-fail-minorities-lgbt-community-women-show-up-in-force-at-pro-gun-rally

I still find it odd, as NWS shows the temperatures as being in the low-to-mid 30s, with windchill in the 20s. You'd think cops in a southern city wouldn't try to stop people from covering up.

From what I hear, she was with antifa... still doesn't make it right to arrest her if she was protesting peacefully, but there may be more to the story.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #303 on: January 21, 2020, 02:21:40 PM »
Well after such a strong pro-gun rights rally, I sure hope Virginia Democrats learned something from this..............oh.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/01/20/gov-ralph-northam-suggests-he-saved-virginia-from-a-volatile-situation/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Northam tweeted, “We are all thankful that today passed without incident. The teams successfully de-escalated what could have been a volatile situation.”
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #304 on: January 21, 2020, 03:05:44 PM »

- Barack Obama

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #305 on: January 21, 2020, 03:53:08 PM »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #306 on: January 22, 2020, 12:55:58 PM »
http://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp604.exe?201+sum+HB1627

SUMMARY AS INTRODUCED:

Threats and harassment of certain officials and property; venue. Provides that certain crimes relating to threats and harassment may be prosecuted in the City of Richmond if the victim is the Governor, Governor-elect, Lieutenant Governor, Lieutenant Governor-elect, Attorney General, or Attorney General-elect, a member or employee of the General Assembly, a justice of the Supreme Court of Virginia, or a judge of the Court of Appeals of Virginia. In addition, threats to damage property may be prosecuted in the City of Richmond if the property is owned by the Commonwealth and located in the Capitol District.

I see a major problem with regard to First Amendment freedoms.  Also might violate the Equal Protection clause of the 14th Amendment, since the bill as written only protects certain government officials.
                         - Barack Obama

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #307 on: January 22, 2020, 01:58:17 PM »
Looks like the first step in reviving the Alien & Sedition Laws.

Next it will be made a crime to disagree with your liberal, supposedly betters.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #308 on: January 22, 2020, 02:15:15 PM »

They refer to that as Hate Speech now and that falls under Hate Crimes
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #309 on: January 23, 2020, 03:17:55 AM »

In their minds it already is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #310 on: January 23, 2020, 08:42:49 AM »

I know there was a ton of that stuff that the left came up with during Obama. I don't know why the mainstream Rs aren't digging more of that up to use. That image would have been perfect for one of the House hearings. Or for Trump to tweet.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

brimic

• friends
« Reply #311 on: January 23, 2020, 09:23:41 AM »

Stealing that.

Barack Obama

Boomhauer

• friends
« Reply #312 on: January 23, 2020, 09:36:43 AM »
I weaponize it every time I see a #resistance retard pop up on my Facebook

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #313 on: January 23, 2020, 11:54:11 AM »

Do you get the "But that was different!" line?
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Boomhauer

• friends
« Reply #314 on: January 23, 2020, 11:59:20 AM »
Nah usually I get blocked lol

brimic

• friends
« Reply #315 on: January 23, 2020, 12:11:13 PM »

I used it twice already today.

Barack Obama

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #316 on: January 24, 2020, 12:17:41 PM »
Secession redux?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/west-virginia-counties-gun-control

GOP House member Gary Howell, chairman of the Committee on Government Organization, told Fox News that 43 out of 100 West Virginia House members are sponsoring a resolution that would let West Virginia accept some of the largely rural Virginia counties unhappy with how things are being run in Richmond.

"It probably originally started as a way just to give them moral support, but it has been snowballing and we have been receiving all kinds of information from people and a lot of questions asking, 'How do we do this?' 'What do we need to do?'" Howell said. "It's turned fairly serious that some of these counties actually wanna leave, join the state of West Virginia, and we'd like to welcome them in."
While land has changed hands between states many times through U.S. history, it is exceedingly rare that it happens on the scale Howell is proposing and often only after arbitration or a ruling from the Supreme Court.
The text of the resolution requires any Virginia jurisdictions wanting to join West Virginia to have their citizens vote on the proposal before Aug. 1. West Virginia voters would then have the option to accept those areas in a statewide referendum during the general election in November.

A better solution would be to throw the anti-gun politicians out of office in VA.  How many are up for reelection in November?

I'm certain that the Virginia state gov't would sue to block the move.  I'm not sure what the grounds would be.  Violation of state sovereignty?

- Barack Obama

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #317 on: January 24, 2020, 12:23:39 PM »
Secession redux?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/west-virginia-counties-gun-control

A better solution would be to throw the anti-gun politicians out of office in VA.  How many are up for reelection in November?

Is it possible via a popular vote? How many commies have moved into specific areas of VA? Another reason for states to have their own Electoral College. Especially telling in VA, where nearly every county has gone to 2nd Amend sanctuary status. There have to be one or two very concentrated commie pinko voting blocks geographically speaking, for this crap to have started in the first place.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #318 on: January 24, 2020, 12:28:50 PM »
More problems in the state:

SJ 6 – Increases the term limit of the governor from 4 to 8 years.
SJ 8 – Allows Felons and those declared mentally incompetent to vote
SJ 14 – Restores voting rights to convicted felons
SJ 29 – The governor to be elected by majority of votes in congressional districts, not by statewide majority.
SB 65 – Eliminates photo ID requirements for voting
SB 399 – Virginia’s electoral college votes to be awarded to the winner of the national popular vote.

The biggest problem is that once this crap becomes law, it's harder to get rid of it.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #319 on: January 24, 2020, 01:14:16 PM »
My biggest hope for an outcome for this "national popular vote" bullshit is that it will be challenged in court, work it's way up to the Supreme Court, and be declared unconstitutional because it essentially nullifies the electoral college.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #320 on: January 24, 2020, 01:19:50 PM »
My biggest hope for an outcome for this "national popular vote" bullshit is that it will be challenged in court, work it's way up to the Supreme Court, and be declared unconstitutional because it essentially nullifies the electoral college.

I don't expect it to happen, but I'd like to see Trump get the pop vote so the electoral votes from the far left states go to him. Imagine the wailing.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #321 on: January 24, 2020, 01:22:07 PM »
I don't expect it to happen, but I'd like to see Trump get the pop vote so the electoral votes from the far left states go to him. Imagine the wailing.

Oh, that would be so sweet... But yeah, I don't see that ever happening.

Unisaw

• friend
« Reply #322 on: January 24, 2020, 01:46:13 PM »

=D =D =D That would be great!
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #323 on: January 24, 2020, 01:56:18 PM »
Oh, that would be so sweet... But yeah, I don't see that ever happening.

Don't say never.

TDS is kind of what happened in Wisconsin back in 2010-2011 writ large.

When we got a GOP governor with GOP majorities in both houses of the Legislature, they started on a program of fiscal responsibility. And the Left/Teacher's and .gov Unions went nuts. They refused minimal concessions that still left them sitting pretty as compared to the private sector, to balance the budget.

So the WI GOP, getting no cooperation went and just busted all teachers and .gov unions in WI with Act 10. The WI Left then went turd-throwing-monkey nuts. They went on a full court press to recall the governor and several legislators. Strident leftists were seen in every retail parking lot approaching people to sign recall petitions. Families had fights and even a few marriages were split over it. Much like Trump's win in 2016. There was a chanting and a drum circle protest that ran in shifts inside the WI capitol rotunda for years.

Long and short of it, they made the WI Right dig in and get determined, and more importantly, they alienated the entire WI political middle. And the Governor won the recall election with more votes than he'd gotten in the general. And the GOP held onto the Legislature too.

I also see little signs that some of the American Left at the Federal level is getting a sinking feeling that all their efforts to oppose and remove Trump might actually create a backlash. Stuff like Adam Schiff already making excuses for Trump winning the 2020 election for instance...

https://thefederalist.com/2020/01/22/adam-schiff-is-already-claiming-the-illegitimacy-of-a-trump-reelection/
I promise not to duck.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #324 on: January 24, 2020, 01:59:03 PM »
I'll say never when Los Angeles County his more voters in it than what, something like 26 states?