Author Topic: Welp, Virginia is screwed  (Read 37993 times)

Jim147

• friends
Re: Welp, Virginia is screwed
« Reply #350 on: February 11, 2020, 07:36:24 PM »
Yeap you guys are screwed.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #351 on: February 11, 2020, 08:23:08 PM »
Geez - to top it off, the VA house passed the "Whatever CA and NY say" popular vote bill as well.

They are trying to provoke somebody, *anybody*, to go on a shooting rampage, which they will blame on all Republicans to set up stage two.  Stage two involves a shooting war between anyone who's not a liberal Democrat (conservative Democrats are not exempt) and the police, so it's kind of a win-win for the Democrat party because they hate the police too.  The war will be instigated by sending SWAT teams and other jackbooted thugs to kick in the doors of gun owners and other wrong-thinkers, and a few wrong addresses just to spice things up.

I'm serious about this, but I hope I'm wrong.
"It's good, though..."

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #352 on: February 11, 2020, 08:28:03 PM »
They are trying to provoke somebody, *anybody*, to go on a shooting rampage, which they will blame on all Republicans to set up stage two.  Stage two involves a shooting war between anyone who's not a liberal Democrat (conservative Democrats are not exempt) and the police, so it's kind of a win-win for the Democrat party because they hate the police too.  The war will be instigated by sending SWAT teams and other jackbooted thugs to kick in the doors of gun owners and other wrong-thinkers, and a few wrong addresses just to spice things up.

I'm serious about this, but I hope I'm wrong.

https://billstclair.com/absolved/absolved.html

Very long but goes into why, although the Democrats might want things to go that way, it probably won't turn out like they hope, long term.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #353 on: February 11, 2020, 08:55:10 PM »
I've read his stuff several years ago. Need to review.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #354 on: February 12, 2020, 07:53:08 AM »
I'm sorry to report this, my VA friends. Believe me, I know how you feel.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2020/02/11/virginia-house-sends-gov-ralph-northams-assault-weapon-ban-on-to-the-senate/

It's now looking like Gov. Blackface's AWB could be in trouble in the Senate. Several Democrats have apparently heard their constituents and are saying they may not vote for it.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #355 on: February 12, 2020, 06:15:57 PM »
I reached out to my local Senator, Creigh Deeds. He lives here in the Allegheny Highlands but urban areas of his district and the generally well known suckiness of the VA republican machine keep him elected. In normal times he might be the kind of Dem I could vote for.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #356 on: February 12, 2020, 06:16:21 PM »
Democrat politicians listen to their conservative constituents?  Not happening.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #357 on: February 12, 2020, 06:25:13 PM »
From an alternate reality

“Later on in the [State of the Union] speech, when he got to the part about the Second Amendment and [Trump] said, ‘I will defend your Second Amendment rights, which are under attack and under siege all over this country,’ he’s saying to his followers that people like me want to attack the Second Amendment,” he continued. “And that’s just an absolute, brutal, disgusting, vicious lie. Under no circumstance, in no place in this country, is the Second Amendment under attack, and no legal, lawful gun owner feels the sting of gun safety measures that are being proposed.”

– Mike Brest in ‘Disgusting, vicious lie’: Parkland father removed from State of the Union address speaks out

Guttenberg: Gun Rights Aren’t Under Attack Anywhere in the U.S.
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/guttenberg-gun-rights-arent-under-attack-anywhere-in-the-u-s/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #358 on: February 12, 2020, 06:59:38 PM »
"...no legal, lawful gun owner feels the sting of gun safety measures that are being proposed.”

Yeah. It's only the newly-minted felons whose guns have been outlawed that feel the sting. The guy with the flintlock rifle is just fine.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #359 on: February 13, 2020, 07:29:18 AM »
To the left it's obvious that gun rights aren't under attack. Because, to the left, there are no such thing as gun rights. Problem solved for them.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #360 on: February 13, 2020, 07:58:40 AM »
To the left it's obvious that gun rights aren't under attack. Because, to the left, there are no such thing as gun rights. Problem solved for them.

It's HUNTING rights, you deplorable baby killers! We're not taking your HUNTING rights, as long as you don't use anything but a musket to do your evil hunting.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #361 on: February 13, 2020, 08:16:21 AM »
It's HUNTING rights, you deplorable baby killers! We're not taking your HUNTING rights, as long as you don't use anything but a musket to do your evil hunting.

If the 2A is about hunting rights then why do we have to get hunting licenses?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #362 on: February 13, 2020, 08:17:35 AM »
If the 2A is about hunting rights then why do we have to get hunting licenses?

BECAUSE IT'S RIGHT THERE IN THE LIVING CONSTITUTION BAMBI KILLER!!!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #363 on: February 13, 2020, 08:19:16 AM »
BECAUSE IT'S RIGHT THERE IN THE LIVING CONSTITUTION BAMBI KILLER!!!

Living? I thought the dems had it aborted a long time ago
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #364 on: February 17, 2020, 09:36:51 AM »
Looks like the "assault weapons" ban has been temporarily shelved:

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/virginia-lawmakers-reject-assault-weapon-ban

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #365 on: February 19, 2020, 09:07:00 PM »
Looks like the "assault weapons" ban has been temporarily shelved:

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/virginia-lawmakers-reject-assault-weapon-ban

great news - now lets hope scotus pulls off another surprise and we get strict scrutiny
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #367 on: April 11, 2020, 08:08:00 PM »
Virginia has one term governors, so he's out no matter what.

I'm hoping that this helps the Republicans take back at least one of the houses, but the state has changed dramatically in the last 10 or so years. It's become FAR more liberal than it was when I moved here back in 1993.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #368 on: February 02, 2024, 04:04:43 PM »
Yeah, you're screwed
And the people who voted for this will be the ones most effected

The Virginia House of Delegates now has a Democrat majority.

Their first order of business? Passing a bill to reduce prison sentences for violent crimes.

They even denied the families of victims from being able to testify in person.
    pic.twitter.com/u5Dd0ZUv7h
    — Greg Price (@greg_price11) February 1, 2024
https://twitchy.com/justmindy/2024/02/02/virginia-house-of-delegates-crime-n2392495

Democrat is a mental illness
- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
« Reply #369 on: February 03, 2024, 10:33:12 AM »
Yeah, you're screwed
And the people who voted for this will be the ones most effected
https://twitchy.com/justmindy/2024/02/02/virginia-house-of-delegates-crime-n2392495

Democrat is a mental illness

What are the details of this bills (not in video)?

zahc

• friend
« Reply #370 on: February 04, 2024, 09:55:15 AM »
How do you propose we replace our constitution?

Replacing the constitution is not required to make progress. Changing to open primaries (and changing a lot of things about the primary process), changing to ranked voting, term limits, limitations on conflicts of interest, etc. can all be done without changing the constitution.

Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #371 on: February 04, 2024, 10:06:53 AM »
changing to ranked voting,

I continue to see this come up in various arenas, and so far, the only places I've seen it "work" is for the minority party in the particular jurisdiction by creating an at best, "milquetoast" candidate for the opposing party. It just seems like a lowest common denominator solution to me. I still haven't seen how it could help a third party candidate. I'm open to examples and learning.

zahc

• friend
« Reply #372 on: February 04, 2024, 10:49:37 AM »
It just seems like a lowest common denominator solution to me

That plus marketing is what democracy is,
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #373 on: February 04, 2024, 11:33:16 AM »
Ranked choice would ensure Virginia is forever done.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.