Author Topic: Welp, Virginia is screwed  (Read 37895 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Welp, Virginia is screwed
« on: November 06, 2019, 08:30:48 AM »
https://www.wavy.com/news/politics/virginia-politics/democrats-promise-swift-action-after-historic-win-in-virginia/

Oh, look and what do Democrats do when they get power:

Democratic leaders said Virginians should expect a higher minimum wage, new gun restrictions and greater abortion rights after their party flipped control of the state House and Senate in Tuesday’s election. They also promised ratification of the Equal Rights Amendment, making Virginia the final state needed for possible passage of the gender equality measure.

Total Democrat party rule works so well in Illinois, err...California, err... New Jersey, err... New York....
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Re: Welp, Virginia is screwed
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2019, 08:35:58 AM »
Welcome to the Ill-annoying Californicationing of Virginia.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2019, 09:14:49 AM »
Yep, I'm really looking forward to this *expletive deleted*it show.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2019, 09:40:56 AM »
One party in charge, regardless of party usually screws things up to the Nth degree. Special interests get what they want.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2019, 09:42:25 AM »
From Commonwealth to People’s Democratic Republic. Glad I didn’t move up there when I had the chance. 
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2019, 09:51:43 AM »
I'm not all doom and gloom yet. Survive two years and see. My state senator is gone, mostly harmless Dem in Va-25, now an independent idiot. Should make that seat competitive next time. Freitas write in campaign worked, so that's good. Small majority and an incompetent governor who's normal chain of succession is damaged goods.

The national news takeaway is zomg blue wave! No, the VA Republicans are like special Olympics kids trying to play a mean spirited Harlem Globetrotters. The Dems put forth a candidate in almost every district. Republicans spotted them a ton of uncontested races. The state needs national support like what is happening on the blue side. Overall more Republican votes than Dem, so the state is very much in play nationally. Oh, and can we give DC their land back? :)

Overall, I hope I can survive it. My family has pre revolution roots in this state. Not worried about gun laws. Worried about minimum wage, stupid energy policy, and unions. Those will make me leave the state because I can't maintain a passable existence while not complying with whatever gun laws.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2019, 10:12:26 AM »
Well, I do hear that the Gov. is adding a new secretary level position...

Secretary of Blackface..  ;/

The Lieutenant Gov. lobbied for his own position, Secretary of Sexual Assault...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2019, 10:47:17 PM »
Do it for Beto!
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2019, 11:49:26 PM »
Where is the VCDL in all of this?
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2019, 07:57:36 AM »
Where is the VCDL in all of this?

The government used the membership roster for their first round of Red Flag raids.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2019, 10:09:31 AM »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2019, 10:29:08 AM »
Ann Coulter was prescient:

http://www.anncoulter.com/columns/2017-11-15.html

Yep, simple situational awareness and math should convince conservatives, libertarians, Republicans and anyone not onboard with the progressive agenda that high immigration = permanent progressive/liberal/Democrat control.

Yet, most on the right live in a delusion and apparently find math too hard.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2019, 05:17:35 PM »
When we lived there, the VCDL was strong and the state was a gun friendly one, certain cities excepted. I was an active member, went to most events and worked the VCDL table at MANY a gun show. Miss those guys and tried to join a group similar group here but none even close to that strong existed.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2019, 10:42:50 AM »
 :facepalm:

Citing ‘gun violence,’ UVA cancels 21-gun salute portion of Veterans Day ceremony
https://www.thecollegefix.com/citing-gun-violence-uva-cancels-21-gun-salute-portion-of-veterans-day-ceremony/

Triggered: University of Virginia Cancels Veterans Day 21-Gun Salute Because of ‘Gun Violence’
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/triggered-university-of-virginia-cancels-veterans-day-21-gun-salute-because-of-gun-violence/

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2019, 11:00:18 AM »

Citing ‘gun violence,’ UVA cancels 21-gun salute portion of Veterans Day ceremony
https://www.thecollegefix.com/citing-gun-violence-uva-cancels-21-gun-salute-portion-of-veterans-day-ceremony/

Triggered: University of Virginia Cancels Veterans Day 21-Gun Salute Because of ‘Gun Violence’
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/triggered-university-of-virginia-cancels-veterans-day-21-gun-salute-because-of-gun-violence/

Rather appropriate, because the absolute leftist domination of higher education is part of why Virginia is screwed.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2019, 05:26:45 PM »

The gun violence that's at historic lows? (Much lower, if we subtract suicides.)

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2019, 05:28:59 PM »
The gun violence that's at historic lows? (Much lower, if we subtract suicides.)

As you should be aware by now, facts take a back seat to teh feelz.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2019, 06:01:02 PM »
While I think the UVA decision was wrong and stupid, at least they didn't mess with Memorial Day.  I think some of the people taking great offense are conflating Veterans' Day and Memorial Day.  Veterans' Day is for the living; Memorial Day is for the dead.  (and there's also Armed Forces Day for those currently serving, but it doesn't get much recognition)
"It's good, though..."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2019, 09:37:13 AM »
Of course this gives them almost a year to reverse the reversal

About Face: University of Virginia Reinstates Veterans Day 21-Gun Salute Next Year
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/about-face-university-of-virginia-reinstates-veterans-day-21-gun-salute-next-year/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2019, 12:31:54 PM »
One party in charge, regardless of party usually screws things up to the Nth degree. Special interests get what they want.

I’m totally agree with you on this.  I hate out two party system and wish we had at least 3 so there would have to be some negotiation to gain a majority.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2019, 12:32:36 PM »
*expletive deleted*ing out of here as soon as my kids are out of high school.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2019, 05:45:13 PM »
I’m totally agree with you on this.  I hate out two party system and wish we had at least 3 so there would have to be some negotiation to gain a majority.

How do you propose we replace our constitution?

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2019, 06:46:02 PM »

We urgently need a viable third party. The problem is, the process of getting enough people to build up a viable third party would result in the country having only one viable party, not three ... or even two.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design