Author Topic: Welp, Virginia is screwed  (Read 37711 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Re: Welp, Virginia is screwed
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2019, 08:37:49 AM »
Trump is about the best you can expect.

This country is not very right wing, it's mostly varying shades of left.

Trump tricked a lot of folks and in many ways is governing as a paleocon.

The diversity and pervert crowd is the majority now. Many of them like the stability of living in conservative run places but their core philosophy cannot maintain that type of society.

A true right wing third party would quickly be marginalized as the Democrat and Republican leftists ruled in bi-partisan leftism without any restraint. Many Republicans would love to get rid of their right wing remnant.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2019, 03:26:40 AM »
They are about to pass an AWB that is literally worse than Cali. No grandfather clauses. *expletive deleted*ing commie mother *expletive deleted*ers.

Don’t worry though once VA is fully *expletive deleted*ed over it’ll be another state next. *expletive deleted*ing liberal locust hordes...
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2019, 07:09:56 AM »
They are about to pass an AWB that is literally worse than Cali. No grandfather clauses. *expletive deleted*ing commie mother *expletive deleted*ers.

I seem to recall reading something about the British trying this a while back
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2019, 07:54:30 AM »
I have to say that VA is one of the last states I thought would go so anti. I haven't been there in a really long time though. Is this demographic the DC working commies who can't afford, or don't want to live in DC and Maryland, so they invaded VA?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2019, 10:59:11 AM »
I have to say that VA is one of the last states I thought would go so anti. I haven't been there in a really long time though. Is this demographic the DC working commies who can't afford, or don't want to live in DC and Maryland, so they invaded VA?

Yes.

And also yes, they will go to the next state. Not leaving because of that, just kicking the can down the road.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2019, 11:06:32 AM »
Trump is about the best you can expect.

This country is not very right wing, it's mostly varying shades of left.

Trump tricked a lot of folks and in many ways is governing as a paleocon.

The diversity and pervert crowd is the majority now. Many of them like the stability of living in conservative run places but their core philosophy cannot maintain that type of society.

A true right wing third party would quickly be marginalized as the Democrat and Republican leftists ruled in bi-partisan leftism without any restraint. Many Republicans would love to get rid of their right wing remnant.
You might consider seeing a doctor for that.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2019, 11:36:25 AM »
You might consider seeing a doctor for that.

Dr. Paul has the cure 😁
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

WLJ

• friends
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2019, 01:28:32 PM »
Four magic words

I WILL NOT COMPLY.

You don't have to advertise it or go on the evening news.

Just don't.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2019, 08:54:55 AM »

“Banks, credit card companies, and retailers have unique insight into the behavior and purchasing patterns that can help identify and prevent mass shootings,” Wexton explained in a statement. “The red flags are there—someone just needs to be paying attention.”

Virginia Democrat’s Bill Would Enlist Credit Card Companies in Monitoring Gun Purchases
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/democrats-bill-would-enlist-credit-card-companies-in-monitoring-gun-purchases/
- Calvin and Hobbes

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2019, 11:52:18 AM »
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2019, 12:02:03 PM »
"Assault firearm" means:

1. A semi-automatic center-fire rifle that expels single or multiple projectiles by action of an explosion of a combustible material with a fixed magazine capacity in excess of 10 rounds;

2. A semi-automatic center-fire rifle that expels single or multiple projectiles by action of an explosion of a combustible material that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine and has one of the following characteristics: (i) a folding or telescoping stock; (ii) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the rifle; (iii) a thumbhole stock; (iv) a second handgrip or a protruding grip that can be held by the non-trigger hand; (v) a bayonet mount; (vi) a grenade launcher; (vii) a flare launcher; (viii) a silencer; (ix) a flash suppressor; (x) a muzzle brake; (xi) a muzzle compensator; (xii) a threaded barrel capable of accepting (a) a silencer, (b) a flash suppressor, (c) a muzzle brake, or (d) a muzzle compensator; or (xiii) any characteristic of like kind as enumerated in clauses (i) through (xii);

3. A semi-automatic center-fire pistol that expels single or multiple projectiles by action of an explosion of a combustible material with a fixed magazine capacity in excess of 10 rounds;

4. A semi-automatic center-fire pistol that expels single or multiple projectiles by action of an explosion of a combustible material that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine and has one of the following characteristics: (i) a folding or telescoping stock; (ii) a thumbhole stock; (iii) a second handgrip or a protruding grip that can be held by the non-trigger hand; (iv) the capacity to accept a magazine that attaches to the pistol outside of the pistol grip; (v) a shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel and that permits the shooter to hold the pistol with the non-trigger hand without being burned; (vi) a manufactured weight of 50 ounces or more when the pistol is unloaded; (vii) a threaded barrel capable of accepting (a) a silencer, (b) a flash suppressor, (c) a barrel extender, or (d) a forward handgrip; or (viii) any characteristic of like kind as enumerated in clauses (i) through (vii);

5. A shotgun with a revolving cylinder that expels single or multiple projectiles by action of an explosion of a combustible material; or

6. A semi-automatic shotgun that expels single or multiple projectiles by action of an explosion of a combustible material that has one of the following characteristics: (i) a folding or telescoping stock, (ii) a thumbhole stock, (iii) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the shotgun, (iv) the ability to accept a detachable magazine, (v) a fixed magazine capacity in excess of seven rounds, or (vi) any characteristic of like kind as enumerated in clauses (i) through (v).

"Assault firearm" includes any part or combination of parts designed or intended to convert, modify, or otherwise alter a firearm into an assault firearm, or any combination of parts that may be readily assembled into an assault firearm. "Assault firearm" does not include (i) a firearm that has been rendered permanently inoperable, (ii) an antique firearm as defined in § 18.2-308.2:2, or (iii) a curio or relic as defined in § 18.2-308.2:2.
- Calvin and Hobbes

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2019, 01:11:36 PM »

I think maybe they don't know what "Curios and Relics" include.
"It's good, though..."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2019, 02:39:44 PM »
I think I'll take a few of my guns for a fun-filled day on Smith Mountain Lake...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2019, 07:44:34 AM »
OK, if I'm reading that little piece of posturing bullshit correctly, my Browning High Power and my Beretta 81 are both OK, so I won't have to take them boating.

The AR that I used to have, but which was tragically lost in a boating accident, is a bad, evil gun because it has the thing that goes up, the magazine clip that holds many hyper turbo ungodly powerful bullet rounds has much too much freedom capacity, and there's an evil thing on it that can hold a stabby stabby, because as we all know drive by assault stabbings are a huge problem in Governor Blackface country.

Unfortunately, this is only the tip of the iceberg of how the Blackface OK! party is going to try, and likely succeed, to roll back positive gun laws in the Commonwealth that have absolutely no effect on crime.

They're already trying to do away with state preemption to allow localities to pass a mishmash of anti-gun laws in excess of what the state has adopted.

I've also heard rumblings that a wet dream they're going to try to get away with is elimination of shall issue status for handgun permits and going back to "I'm the Sheriff. I have to approve your application. If you "donate" $50,000 to my personal general fund, I'll give it to you. Don't have $50,000? You don't have rights, either."
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2019, 08:06:04 AM »
Quote from: zxcvbob
I think maybe they don't know what "Curios and Relics" include.

<Checks calendar, subtracts 50 years>

They pretty clearly don't.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2019, 09:58:04 AM »
VCDL facebook page is frustrating. Most people are busy misreading the prefiled bills. The others are on sanctuary counties which is not helpful except as a message. Lobby day looks to be a big deal but VCDL is not interested in a visibly armed protest. I've been to one of those in Richmond. They want to play by the pre trump opposition party playbook, maybe they will like me if I am nice.

I don't know. In my state senate district a leftist signaling independent beat the mostly centrist Dem by one vote. Do i need to run for office? Not my thing really. A really screwed up district that includes a hugely rural area, but also Charlottesville.
AKA Navy Joe   

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2019, 10:34:05 AM »
http://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp604.exe?201+ful+SB64

Most of that is alreadly law, the strikes and italics are new. It is obviously a whatever we want it to mean law and already runs rough over Virginia's militia clause and the federal freedom of assembly. Looks like they want to specifically ban Charlottesville and people like me armed in front of the capitol. Or lock me up if I let my kid shoot at a humanoid shaped target.

My continuing hope is that as always their reach exceeds their grasp. The backlash ought to get new candidates out and running.
AKA Navy Joe   

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2019, 05:32:22 PM »
No training for you!

http://www.captainsjournal.com/2019/11/27/virginia-senate-bill-no-64-declaring-tactical-training-illegal/

That part is already law and is in many states. Just more problematic now since it is a law open to widely varying interpretations.

I think we're going to have fun with this. The governor went so far as to say the election was a mandate on gun control. Kinda like that 1994 congress. No, that majority is a mandate on nothing.
AKA Navy Joe   

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2019, 09:44:45 PM »
So I guess this type of license plate needs to be recalled.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #47 on: November 29, 2019, 09:49:20 PM »
Right after they recall and apologize for this one  

- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #48 on: November 29, 2019, 10:09:41 PM »
2. Assembles with one or more persons for the purpose of training with, practicing with, or being instructed in the use of any firearm, explosive, or incendiary device, or technique capable of causing injury or death to persons, intending to employ such training for use in, or in furtherance of, a civil disorder; or

How do they determine intent? With out much stretch that could be used to shut down any or all of the shooting sports.

It sounds like it's time to dust this old thing off and remind the elected in Virginia how the cow ate the cabbage.

https://www.ushistory.org/Declaration/document/
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2019, 03:27:51 AM »
NYSRPA V NY

will decide a lot, if all goes well.

a lot of what is being reported is not law yet.

I'm betting that a lot of control freaks are realizing this latest scotus case is going to be bad and are
like drowning idiots thrashing at water ....

plus, no one will comply if passed, even if the scotus case goes sideways - even if the worse of the worse becomes law, eventually law enforcement gets tired of having to shoot friends and family to confiscate guns and accessories.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."