Author Topic: Welp, Virginia is screwed  (Read 37875 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Re: Welp, Virginia is screwed
« Reply #225 on: January 19, 2020, 03:48:11 AM »
important - the fake news complex planning a fubar
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDAD1CR5xdk
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #226 on: January 19, 2020, 09:09:36 AM »
We're getting a bunch of counties declaring themselves 2A sanctuaries here in Ky now. Sending a message and getting a head start just in case the craziness starts here I suppose.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #227 on: January 19, 2020, 09:53:58 AM »
I never cared for using the leftist tactic of street demonstrations.

Hopefully my serious reservations about this event turn out to be unfounded.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #228 on: January 19, 2020, 02:03:42 PM »
Man, this Bill Kristol guy has just totally lost it. I seem to remember him as pretty far right, but Trump really broke him. He still claims to be right/Republican, but then he said this in response to Trump's tweet supporting protestors in VA:

How the *expletive deleted*ck is the 2nd not under direct attack in VA?

EDIT: And by the way, when was the last time a president openly supported pro 2nd Amendment protestors? Even if they claimed to be pro 2nd,  I don't recall the Bushes or Reagan giving encouragement to people fighting for their 2nd Amendment rights. Gotta give Trump kudos here.
I note that he assumes the 2nd amendment protesters will be violent mobs.  Except there is no precedent for that assumption. 

If Antifa was planning a protest, I wonder if he would say the same thing even though they have a well documented record of violence. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #229 on: January 19, 2020, 02:28:17 PM »
I note that he assumes the 2nd amendment protesters will be violent mobs.  Except there is no precedent for that assumption. 

Just having opinions that aren't in total lockstep with the latest leftest craze is considered an act of violence nowadays
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #230 on: January 19, 2020, 03:28:02 PM »
I'm affiliated with a 2A group in Ohio which is having some members go to VA.  They are reporting Intel that Antifa is going to be present. Seven bus loads, and have obtained clothing with the NRA logo on it.  The alleged plan is that the Antifa types will blend into the protest and respond violently to any opposition to the 2A gathering.  Then the 2A types will catch the blame.  They are encouraging members to carry medical gear and do first aid on anyone injured.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #231 on: January 19, 2020, 03:37:22 PM »
I'm affiliated with a 2A group in Ohio which is having some members go to VA.  They are reporting Intel that Antifa is going to be present. Seven bus loads, and have obtained clothing with the NRA logo on it.  The alleged plan is that the Antifa types will blend into the protest and respond violently to any opposition to the 2A gathering.  Then the 2A types will catch the blame.  They are encouraging members to carry medical gear and do first aid on anyone injured.

I came here to post this same warning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #232 on: January 19, 2020, 04:34:01 PM »
VA state senator Amanda Chase warns that VCDL and other pro-2A groups are being set up:

https://www.facebook.com/Chase4Senate/posts/2840596102672514

I know nothing about her.  Any VA residents care to comment?
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
  • My Gender and Pronouns are Standard.
« Reply #233 on: January 19, 2020, 07:17:10 PM »
Tomorrow we shall see if there is a big enough fan in Virginia to handle all the *expletive deleted*it headed its way.

Woody
   "Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future."   B.E.Wood

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #234 on: January 19, 2020, 07:48:57 PM »
https://youtu.be/6wBp2VusRhE

Hate to reduce this to a random movie quote,  but I think it's accurate.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #235 on: January 19, 2020, 07:57:41 PM »
Surely we won't let Antifa or the Left decide whether or not we can assemble.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #236 on: January 19, 2020, 08:14:20 PM »

This choice of location is for all intents and purposes enemy territory.

Marching into a fenced off holding pen while voluntarily being disarmed to demonstrate how free you are isn't very inspiring.

It's playing on the enemies playing field by the enemies rules emulating the enemies tactics. It works for them because they own the state and media.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #237 on: January 19, 2020, 08:31:33 PM »

How can you say "we" if you are not going to be at the demonstration?
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #238 on: January 19, 2020, 08:51:08 PM »
I'm expecting images showing Nazi flags and hearing interviews with White Nationalists.

That's the best case scenario with no violence.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #239 on: January 19, 2020, 08:59:23 PM »
I hope I'm just being overly pessimistic but I don't think the leftists will leave such a thing to chance, too good of an opportunity to strengthen their narrative, never let a crisis go to waste.

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #240 on: January 19, 2020, 09:12:08 PM »
When I was in VA and in the VCDL, I went to Lobby Day several years. They do it regularly with hundreds, if not more, showing up to support them and to lobby their representatives. In my time there, there was NEVER a single incidence of any kind of issue and MOST of us were armed, either openly or concealed, all HAND guns, no long guns. We were peaceful, respectful and calm.

This is me being interviewed by the local TV

My gun is in the blue bag slung across my chest :old:
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #241 on: January 19, 2020, 10:02:31 PM »
This isn't a lobby day.

This is an event with potential national repurcussions that the of the eye of Sauron is singularly focused upon.

There are people with competing agendas from all across the country showing up for the party.

The fact the Dems are pressing forward so hard despite the pushback tells me they have game planned this out.

Meanwhile our side appears to be walking into a well crafted lose/lose debacle.

Hopefully, I also am too cynical and pessimistic and things actually go well.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #242 on: January 19, 2020, 10:14:17 PM »

I find it interesting that you go  out of your way to dissociate yourself with the obvious 2A struggle in VA that will have national implications.  Think it can't happen in merry olde Iowa?
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #243 on: January 19, 2020, 11:20:02 PM »
This isn't a lobby day.

This is an event with potential national repurcussions that the of the eye of Sauron is singularly focused upon.

There are people with competing agendas from all across the country showing up for the party.

The fact the Dems are pressing forward so hard despite the pushback tells me they have game planned this out.

Meanwhile our side appears to be walking into a well crafted lose/lose debacle.

Hopefully, I also am too cynical and pessimistic and things actually go well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_lN7H1bFKY
Mrgunsngear has some footage of the fencing and area.  

A few different people I heard online some were not planning to go into the "free speech zone" where they had to be disarmed.  I guess we will see how many show up.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #244 on: January 20, 2020, 12:46:59 AM »

Who told you I wasn't going?

"We" meaning pro-Americans, as opposed to the Left. If they have the heckler's veto in Richmond, they may have it elsewhere.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 20, 2020, 01:35:41 AM »
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/vcdl-lobby-day-rally-crowd-size-will-be-limited-but-authorities-arent-saying-by-how-much/

https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/virginia-governor-starts-labeling-veterans-domestic-terror-threat-ahead-of-2a-rally/

Virginia VCDL Lobby Day Eve UPDATE
https://youtu.be/uiIDX02cMZQ

The Virginia State Capitol Grounds Fortifications; What Visitors Can Expect
https://youtu.be/N_lN7H1bFKY

A lot to unpack...
I believe some of her information is wrong concerning where guns are allowed and not allowed although I trust this govt. as much as I trust Hillery/Gas Station Sushi.
She is doing a good job of shooing conservatives away from the event. Who would THAT benefit?
She is dissuading people from coming as they *supposedly* won't be able to park/leave the area.
She is saying there is only one exit from the protest area when there is one ENTRANCE, with many metal detectors but MULTIPLE EXITS.
There was more but my head hurts from all this BS. and I'm done for a bit.
https://www.facebook.com/Censorship.is.Communism/videos/654863415052929/UzpfSTEwMDAwNTMyMDM2MTY0MTpWSzoyNzE5MzQ1ODgxNDkzNjkx/

:old:
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #246 on: January 20, 2020, 02:26:58 AM »
I find it interesting that you go  out of your way to dissociate yourself with the obvious 2A struggle in VA that will have national implications.  Think it can't happen in merry olde Iowa?

We means we/I are going to be physically in the demonstration in Richmond, VA. Anything else is arch chair quarterbacking.

Yes, it could happen in merry olde Iowa, difference between me and the other lasses, I would show up in Des Moines. Been there, done that, bought the t-shirt. Why Iowa has one of the best carry laws.

Uranus is a gas giant.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #247 on: January 20, 2020, 02:28:04 AM »
Who told you I wasn't going?

"We" meaning pro-Americans, as opposed to the Left. If they have the heckler's veto in Richmond, they may have it elsewhere.

Post a pic of you tomorrow in Richmond, otherwise piss off.

Uranus is a gas giant.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 20, 2020, 02:32:56 AM »
Well, that escalated quickly...
MOLON LABE!

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #249 on: January 20, 2020, 02:35:14 AM »
Interesting quote in the article Herohog posted:

The Richmond-based Antifa Seven Hills is joining the Second Amendment supporter groups in support of gun rights.

“I think it’s been pretty important for us to focus on the fact that gun control in America has a legacy of racist enforcement,” said Seven Hills spokesperson James in speaking to Vice, while asking that his last name be withheld. “Like taking guns away from black people, because black people were perceived as a threat to property and the sanctity of the state.”

He continued, “I think what’s particular about the South is that we have to be a bit more creative and sensitive to the people around us—instead of fulfilling some sort of meme of what antifa is,” James said. “That’s really what we’re trying to work against right now, especially by talking to conservatives and showing we aren’t just a black-clad group of rabble-rousers who are out for attention and have jobs funded by George Soros.”

Probably pretty optimistic, but how hilarious would it be to watch MSNBC and CNN report on a crown of NRA members, Antifa, and Black Panthers all standing next to each other agreeing on gun rights?

The commies generally should FOADIAF, but if they show up to protest the laws (as they SHOULD because they will be targeted as well) it would behoove everyone to just try and get along for a day.