Author Topic: Welp, Virginia is screwed  (Read 37712 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Welp, Virginia is screwed
« Reply #275 on: January 20, 2020, 03:44:15 PM »
Thanks for the onsite SITREP Castle Key!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

brimic

• friends
« Reply #276 on: January 20, 2020, 03:51:41 PM »
I just saw a link to a story on the book of feces where 2A supporters were going around after the event with garbage bags and cleaning up any debris left behind.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #277 on: January 20, 2020, 03:54:24 PM »
I felt like that, too.

But now I'm fine with it. These people want to dress up and feel tacticool? Go for it. Cosplay can be fun, so enjoy yourselves.

Speaking of which ...

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2020/01/20/area-expert-tom-nichols-forced-to-shift-his-goalposts-after-richmond-gun-rights-rally-fails-to-result-in-the-bloodshed-he-was-hoping-for/
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #278 on: January 20, 2020, 03:55:04 PM »
Who wants to bet that after all of the build up, there won't be any significant press coverage of the event, because there was no blood spilled, no arrests made, no shots fired.  I mean, everyone was looking for some wacko to open fire at this event.  Sounds like no one even spit on the sidewalk.  Given how the press likes it's own angle, this will get buried.

That said, good on all attendees for making it a non story.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #279 on: January 20, 2020, 03:56:53 PM »
I just saw a link to a story on the book of feces where 2A supporters were going around after the event with garbage bags and cleaning up any debris left behind.

CNN: White Nationalist Nazi 2A Trump supporters deny city workers much needed work to help feed their families
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #280 on: January 20, 2020, 04:03:36 PM »
https://babylonbee.com/news/media-offers-thoughts-and-prayers-that-someone-would-start-some-violence-at-gun-rights-rally

Reporters expressed their grief and condolences as the violence they hyped has so far failed to materialize.

"Nobody has so much as fired a shot. This is an unbelievable tragedy," said one teary-eyed MSNBC reporter, clearly caught up in the anguish of the moment. "It's tragic that we live in a country where reporters who are just minding their own business trying to push a narrative can have everything ripped away from them in an instant when protesters refuse to shoot at people."
                         - Barack Obama

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #281 on: January 20, 2020, 04:05:52 PM »
I'm beyond pleased that my concerns were unfounded! Bravo!
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #284 on: January 20, 2020, 04:32:17 PM »
She's also suggesting the Confederate flag indicates some intention of breaking the law, which hasn't been true since before her grandparents were born.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #285 on: January 20, 2020, 05:30:49 PM »
Somebody brought a guillotine  :O =D (not a usable one)
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #286 on: January 20, 2020, 06:02:47 PM »
(stolen from another forum)

- Barack Obama

castle key

• friend
« Reply #287 on: January 20, 2020, 06:02:57 PM »
I saw NOT ONE Confederate flag.

Saw a few flags of the Army of Northern Virginia, but only a very few. There were lots of Gadsden flags, including one using a rainbow flag, a few "Appeal to Heaven" flags, many Gonzales flags, and a huge number of US flags. I saw a Virginia flag that was modified to show Governor Northam as the guy under foot.

There were many signs of various ilk, including those showing state of origin for the group. A really interesting sign stated that "Gun Rights are Gay Rights." A couple people I was with, who probably aren't too fond of gay rights, appreciated that sentiment, as they felt individual rights were paramount and that sign appealed to their proper libertarian values.

Overall, I found a pretty diverse group nicely united for a common reason.

My day was made complete by spending time with some friends who are some of the biggest advocates of gun rights.... people that the anti gunners would loathe... two lovely ladies, attractive, intelligent, and articulate, and with overwhelming passion and knowledge about the destructive power of guns. Their father was murdered by a crazed gunman. They understand that the crazed part is the only thing that mattered.... the tool didn't matter. But their views should be dismissed, because what do they know?
Vigilate hoc, tenendum per ebrietatem.

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #288 on: January 20, 2020, 07:14:17 PM »
Take away from the NBC network news (my kid needs to watch it each night for one of his classes)...

1. It was peaceful.
2. lots of people stayed outside of "the fence" so they could stay armed
3. Lots of people in full kit (video edit based on Castle Key's report)
4. All that the government in VA is seeking to do is "common sense gun legislation, including better background checks and registering owners."  My favorite was the woman who said "no one is coming to take your guns" when we all know of the discussion of activating the National Guard to do just that.

My read...they wanted violence, got none.  They are portraying gun owners as wanna be soldiers complete with full kit.  And, registration is now a part of "common sense."  I've started seeing that in a lot of online comments to articles about all of this.  "Registration isn't confiscation.  It's just so we know who has them (assault weapons) and where they are."
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #289 on: January 20, 2020, 07:28:57 PM »
For the MSM

- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #290 on: January 20, 2020, 08:26:36 PM »
I saw this on facebook.  Can anyone confirm if this was actually there?   Or is it just a meme joke?

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #291 on: January 20, 2020, 08:44:33 PM »
4. All that the government in VA is seeking to do is "common sense gun legislation, including better background checks and registering owners."  My favorite was the woman who said "no one is coming to take your guns" when we all know of the discussion of activating the National Guard to do just that.

The NPCs are all over Facebook repeating the same *expletive deleted*it of “Neonazis and ammosexuals don’t want common sense gun legislation”

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #292 on: January 20, 2020, 08:51:02 PM »
https://twitter.com/PhilsEaglesND/status/1219312061831897090?s=09

African-American man with Trump flag in Richmond:

“I am Gov. Ralph Northam and I am in blackface today.”
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #293 on: January 20, 2020, 09:30:53 PM »
The NPCs are all over Facebook repeating the same *expletive deleted*it of “Neonazis and ammosexuals don’t want common sense gun legislation”

If we're ammosexuals, why aren't Democrats celebrating us?

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #294 on: January 20, 2020, 11:02:58 PM »
It's reported that one woman was arrested at the event, for refusing to remove the mask over her face.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/narrative-fail-minorities-lgbt-community-women-show-up-in-force-at-pro-gun-rally

I still find it odd, as NWS shows the temperatures as being in the low-to-mid 30s, with windchill in the 20s. You'd think cops in a southern city wouldn't try to stop people from covering up.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #296 on: January 21, 2020, 12:26:12 AM »
https://genesiustimes.com/breaking-23-killed-at-virginia-white-supremacist-gun-rights-protest-dozens-injured/

Babylon Bee has some competition.

From the same site  :rofl:

Deceased Iranian General Soleimani surges into 4th place in Democratic primary race

- Calvin and Hobbes

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #298 on: January 21, 2020, 05:45:25 AM »
It's reported that one woman was arrested at the event, for refusing to remove the mask over her face.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/narrative-fail-minorities-lgbt-community-women-show-up-in-force-at-pro-gun-rally

I still find it odd, as NWS shows the temperatures as being in the low-to-mid 30s, with windchill in the 20s. You'd think cops in a southern city wouldn't try to stop people from covering up.

Wearing a mask is illegal?  WTF is that about?
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #299 on: January 21, 2020, 11:35:19 AM »
Wearing a mask is illegal?  WTF is that about?

A law put on the books due to Ku Klux Klan,  IIRC.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero