Author Topic: Come Get Your .21, .37, and .43 Caliber Ammo Here!  (Read 5239 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Come Get Your .21, .37, and .43 Caliber Ammo Here!
« on: November 06, 2019, 10:28:07 AM »
Another wacko gun grabber idea: Force ammo manufacturers to make ammo that won't fit in any current gun.  ;/

https://www.courant.com/opinion/op-ed/hc-op-berler-ammunition-20191105-bmfxmme6qzhe3horcsnc7mbufy-story.html
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
Re: Come Get Your .21, .37, and .43 Caliber Ammo Here!
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2019, 10:38:46 AM »
Well, seeing he doesn't seem to have any real world life experiences outside of a liberal sphere (as far as I can tell) do you expect Nobel prize worthy ideas?  =|

https://www.ronberlerbooks.com/about-the-author/

As often happens he can only see the end result he hopes for, the rendering useless of guns. Did he give any thought to the people rendered jobless, the companies going out of business or the ability of people to "roll their own"?

What a maroon!

bob

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2019, 10:43:23 AM »
Well, seeing he doesn't seem to have any real world life experiences outside of a liberal sphere (as far as I can tell) do you expect Nobel prize worthy ideas?  =|

https://www.ronberlerbooks.com/about-the-author/

As often happens he can only see the end result he hopes for, the rendering useless of guns. Did he give any thought to the people rendered jobless, the companies going out of business or the ability of people to "roll their own"?

What a maroon!

bob

The thing is, I bet this guy thinks it's just an absolutely brilliant idea, like he was sitting in his barcolounger and the thought bubble light bulb popped up putting out 1000 watts.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2019, 10:44:32 AM »
As our absent friend CSD would have said:  That article is Factually Challenged.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2019, 10:45:02 AM »
What? He's not proposing a new tax? Isn't that how problems in society are conclusively solved, through new taxes? I mean, it worked so well in eliminating poverty...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2019, 10:45:46 AM »
Have we tried taxing poverty....?

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2019, 11:26:06 AM »
I’m afraid we have to admit we’ve been beaten on this one, guys. I mean, look at the second amendment. It specifically says it applies only to firearms themselves, and not to the ammunition they use.

Plus, the gun industry only has a National Rifle Association. They totally forgot about forming a National Boolit Association to protect their death-murder-cop-killer boolits.

Game over man! Game over!
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2019, 11:42:48 AM »
No, but the Dems laid a whole series of new taxes to fight Johnson's War on Poverty... Several 10s of billions of dollars later and... poverty is winning.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2019, 11:45:03 AM »
Never seen bullet casting or reloading machines, has he?

Don't tell him about the 12ga conversion sleeves that allow you to shoot .22 and .38sp through a shotgun, or even a flare gun.

Or "Navy" Garands, that had a plug shoved into the chamber shoulder that permanently converted them from .30-06 to 7.62x51.

Adapting a .355, .400, .429 or .451 diameter firearm bore and chamber for a new cartridge is just a matter of a drop-in barrel in many cases.  .400 Cor-bon?  All those Glock 23's that were sold in .40 but are shooting 9mm now thanks to aftermarket barrels?
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2019, 12:20:18 PM »
No, but the Dems laid a whole series of new taxes to fight Johnson's War on Poverty... Several 10s of billions of dollars later and... poverty is winning.

Because it never was about defeating poverty, it was about creating a large class of people completely depended on the government and thus controllable. Don't forget this also includes the large number of people in govt who work in welfare programs
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2019, 12:22:17 PM »
Of course he's from Connecticut. Look at who represents Connecticut in Washington to get a sense of the mentality.

It must be something in the water.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2019, 12:27:13 PM »
Because it never was about defeating poverty, it was about creating a large class of people completely depended on the government and thus controllable. Don't forget this also includes the large number of people in govt who work in welfare programs

Dammit shut your mouth! Everyone knows that, but they're not crass enough to SAY that... Geesh!

griz

• friend
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2019, 01:02:36 PM »
It's the same sort of "reasoning" as the CO2 solution is to build cars that run on unicorn farts.  It's the perfect answer, unless you want to drive a car.  The only difference is they actually go places in cars but can't imagine a legitimate use for a gun except by the government.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2019, 01:30:35 PM »
Or "Navy" Garands, that had a plug shoved into the chamber shoulder that permanently converted them from .30-06 to 7.62x51.

Thread drift: that conversion wasn't entirely permanent.  The plug is known to sometimes eject along with the spent case, converting the M1 back to .30-06 (oftentimes without the shooter's knowledge).

All those Glock 23's that were sold in .40 but are shooting 9mm now thanks to aftermarket barrels?

Yup.  Got one of those 9x19 conversion barrels in a Springfield XD40.  Runs great.  I can even use the XD40 magazines.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

brimic

• friends
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2019, 02:36:32 PM »
Sweet! I'm going to get the .46 that I always wanted!
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2019, 03:20:52 PM »
Thread drift: that conversion wasn't entirely permanent.  The plug is known to sometimes eject along with the spent case, converting the M1 back to .30-06 (oftentimes without the shooter's knowledge).

That seems unhealthy.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2019, 03:51:30 PM »
That seems unhealthy.

It's the Navy.  They do a lot of unhealthy things.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

brimic

• friends
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2019, 03:58:42 PM »
That seems unhealthy.

Fun fact... .308s will fire just fine in a 30-06 chamber, not sure about what kind of velocity they get though.
I've seen it a few times.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2019, 04:19:22 PM »
I guess this guy has never heard of replacement barrels or resizing barrels.  He doesn't realize how long ammo can be stored.  

He also doesn't appreciate the creativity of gun owners and makers.  If they outlawed 45 ACP, there would soon be a new caliber called 45 EDKH (Epstein Didn't Kill Himself) that would be one or two mils difference in diameter and a few pounds different in case pressure and still work in 45 ACP barrels.  
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 04:38:47 PM by MechAg94 »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2019, 04:28:29 PM »
Why do you carry a .45?

Because they don't make a .46!

Just think how many years and millions of pages of internet would have to be searched so that old joke could be scrubbed and replaced with the new improved version.

=D

bob

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2019, 04:39:20 PM »
I guess this guy has never heard of replacement barrels or resizing barrels.  He doesn't realize how long ammo can be stored.  

He also doesn't appreciate the creativity of gun owners and makers.  If they outlawed 45 ACP, there would soon be a new caliber called 45 EDKH (Epstein Didn't Kill Himself) that would be one or two mils difference in diameter and a few pounds different in case pressure and still work in 45 ACP barrels.  

45 GAP is kind of close to that idea
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2019, 04:39:38 PM »
Don't worry, they would likely forget about 50 GI and we could just buy conversion barrels.  
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2019, 04:41:08 PM »
And do they know that 38 is not actually 38?
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2019, 04:44:16 PM »
Can you imagine a gun grabber who knows little about guns trying to make sense of the long and detailed history of calibers to include all the historical calibers, modern calibers, wildcats, etc, etc.  Their heads would explode before they got through it.  

I always thought the bullet control argument was more of a joke than anything realistic.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2019, 04:45:38 PM »
And do they know that 38 is not actually 38?
Probably not.  They would think the new 358 MDK (Murder/Death/Kill) was actually new.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 04:58:31 PM by MechAg94 »