Author Topic: Come Get Your .21, .37, and .43 Caliber Ammo Here!  (Read 5256 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Come Get Your .21, .37, and .43 Caliber Ammo Here!
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2019, 04:54:19 PM »
Can you imagine a gun grabber who knows little about guns trying to make sense of the long and detailed history of calibers to include all the historical calibers, modern calibers, wildcats, etc, etc.  Their heads would explode before they got through it.  

I've been involved in firearms as a hobby for 45+ years now and am still constantly discovering cartridges I didn't know not to mention trying to keep up with the news ones coming out.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2019, 05:14:00 PM »
No, but the Dems laid a whole series of new taxes to fight Johnson's War on Poverty... Several 10s of billions trillions of dollars later and... poverty is winning.

Fixed it for you.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2019, 05:18:02 PM »
No, but the Dems laid a whole series of new taxes to fight Johnson's War on Poverty... Several 10s of billions of roughly twenty trillion dollars later and... poverty is winning.
FIFY - and since 2012, welfare spending has been running a bit over one trillion per year.

Any similarity between welfare spending and the national debt /  annual deficit is not coincidental.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2019, 05:36:53 PM »
And do they know that 38 is not actually 38?

Which .38 are you talking about? .38 Special, .38 Super, .380 ACP, ...? (Of course, none of them are actually .38 caliber. Which just reinforces your point.)
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2019, 09:00:54 PM »
I have a navy 7.62x51 garand that is barreled and marked for the caliber, no chamber insert. Nope, not sharing.

*Kicks dirt* Dunno what I'm going to do with all of this .355 auto and .429 magnum. :)
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2019, 11:09:24 PM »

He also doesn't appreciate the creativity of gun owners and makers.

They never do.

And then you have people that think a magazine is trashed after one use.  :rofl:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2019, 11:39:08 PM »
I haven't seen this whole video yet, but the first couple of minutes relate to gun laws.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNudt52BukY
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2019, 01:30:53 PM »
Sweet! I'm going to get the .46 that I always wanted!

.46 Remington Rimfire...

Remington cap & ball revolvers from the Civil War were converted to this cartridge and issued to black troops post war, including the 9th and 10th colored cavalry units. There's some indication that they were still armed with the conversions when the units were sent to service in the Spanish American War and the Philippines.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MechAg94

• friend
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge