Author Topic: Fess up, which one of you is this?  (Read 3113 times)

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
Re: Fess up, which one of you is this?
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2019, 07:04:12 PM »
Good chop.

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
  • My Gender and Pronouns are Standard.
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2019, 08:32:34 PM »
When I saw that the link said the guy used a battle ax, my first thought was he threw his mother-in-law at the intruder.

Woody

PS: I didn't read the whole thread, so if I repeated what someone else said, good humor is always worth a couple good laughs!
   "Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future."   B.E.Wood

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2019, 10:52:31 AM »
I have heard that at least 1 guy did get a tomahawk kill in Iraq or Afghanistan, and at least one other Joe got himself killed trying to duplicate that feat.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2019, 11:10:24 AM »
I've directly heard a SEAL claim two tomahawk kills when someone was uncouth in a group presentation and asked him how many people he had killed. A lot apparently. He advises that if you're going to run away don't leave your RPG behind because he will shoot you with it.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2019, 11:45:41 AM »
The Vaughn 20 oz framing hammer is the modern day Bec de Corbin .

Pb

• friend
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2019, 12:22:09 PM »
He advises that if you're going to run away don't leave your RPG behind because he will shoot you with it.

:rofl:

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2019, 12:49:49 PM »
I understand some soldiers and Marines are buying modern tomahawks for intimate disputes with the enemy.

Petty intimidating, no?

I wouldn't mind seeing a lanyard loop on it, though.

I don't particularly like the pronounced "hook" on the axe blade.  Seems to me that might make it difficult to pull out in some instances, like if it got caught on a bone.

I used to keep a small hatchet in my old Chebby for the totally innocent purpose of prying off hubcaps.  I always thought that would be a good weapon if it came down to it.

Like out of ammo.  >:D

Terry, 230RN

I was thinking of buying one of the RMJ Tactical Tomahawks some years back.  Looked like a pretty tough weapon.  They mentioned discounts and order priority for soldiers overseas.  I never got around to it.  The price is beyond impulse buy. 

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

grampster

• friend
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2019, 02:26:41 PM »
When I saw that the link said the guy used a battle ax, my first thought was he threw his mother-in-law at the intruder.

Woody

PS: I didn't read the whole thread, so if I repeated what someone else said, good humor is always worth a couple good laughs!

OK, I don't care who you are...that's funny.  And it's from a newby.  You Olde Heads should be ashamed. :rofl: :old:
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2019, 05:02:39 PM »
Oh, Woody (Constitution Cowboy) has been around for a long time, but is usually busy on another board.

He and I mesh mentally since we both believe that the Founders pretty much meant what they ended up writing down.

But don't hold that against him. =D

Terry "There's a reason 2A is so short," 230RN

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
  • My Gender and Pronouns are Standard.
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2019, 06:29:45 PM »
Oh, Woody (Constitution Cowboy) has been around for a long time, but is usually busy on another board.

He and I mesh mentally since we both believe that the Founders pretty much meant what they ended up writing down.

But don't hold that against him. =D

Terry "There's a reason 2A is so short," 230RN

Yup. The 2a is short ... and sweet!

Woody

"There is nothing to fear in this country from free people. But, when freedom is usurped, there is something to fear for people will revolt to remain free. To all usurpers, do the math, but don't wonder the outcome when you miscalculate."   B.E.Wood
   "Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future."   B.E.Wood

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2019, 11:06:29 PM »
That is one thing I always liked about Clarence Thomas.  I read and interview where he pretty much said that about the Constitution. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2019, 05:30:52 PM »
That is one thing I always liked about Clarence Thomas.  I read and interview where he pretty much said that about the Constitution. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clarence_Thomas#Conservatism_and_originalism

Thomas's jurisprudence has also been described as similar to that of Justice Hugo Black, who "resisted the tendency to create social policy out of 'whole cloth.'"[103] According to the same commentator, Thomas generally declines to engage in judicial lawmaking, and instead views the constitutional role of the court as being the interpretation of law, rather than the making of law.