Author Topic: I found a good belly band holster  (Read 1461 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
I found a good belly band holster
« on: November 08, 2019, 01:07:45 PM »
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DEGYTC6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Amazon has a ton of belly band holsters, many of which are pretty similar to each other.  I bought the item listed above, and it is working pretty well so far.  I am routinely carrying either a Taurus G2C, a Taurus .357 Protector Poly, a Kahr CW9, or a Ruger SP-101.  The holster is comfortable, retains the firearms and magazines very well even when bicycling or jogging, and seems pretty well made.  This is working better than the Bianchi belly band that I had back in the 80's.  These are popular with medical personnel since they conceal very well under a set of scrubs, which have no belt for support.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: I found a good belly band holster
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2019, 01:22:35 PM »
Thanks for that update. At twenty ducats, I think I'll give it a try. Though it's not exactly belly band weather here right now. :)
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2019, 01:31:31 PM »
Thanks for that update. At twenty ducats, I think I'll give it a try. Though it's not exactly belly band weather here right now. :)

On the weekends and my down time in the cooler temps, I am usually wearing a rugby shirt, a long-sleeve flannel or oxford shirt (untucked) or sometimes a UW hooded sweatshirt (just to annoy my wife who went to WSU).  Summer is usually a polo shirt or short-sleeve button-down shirt. This is to make up for having to wear the long-sleeve dress shirt and suit jacket five days a week.  The belly band works really well under the untucked shirts, conceals much better and is more comfortable than my usual IWB holster and heavy belt.  

I bought the 'large' band with the right hand draw.  The handgun is usually at my four o'clock position to maintain my muscle memory since that is where I park the IWB and OWB holsters.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2019, 01:37:49 PM »
Well, Winter carry for me here is OWB holster with a Wilderness Tactical belt, which  I find way more comfortable than any IWB carry. Tucked in Tshirt, then either flannel shirt or a jacket over it. 

The belly band would be almost exclusively for running or biking for me, in hot weather, with my LCR under my performance Tee.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2019, 09:41:52 AM »
Is it available in a light pink, to match my undergarments?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2019, 09:58:11 AM »

When I was looking on Amazon, I did find various models in black, beige and white.  The Bianchi belly band that I had is beige. 

You can, however, get a nice bra holster in pink: https://www.gungoddess.com/collections/on-body-holsters

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2019, 10:06:31 AM »

Maybe you could get a white one, and wash it with a red sock?
"It's good, though..."

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2019, 11:00:04 AM »
When I was looking on Amazon, I did find various models in black, beige and white.  The Bianchi belly band that I had is beige. 

You can, however, get a nice bra holster in pink: https://www.gungoddess.com/collections/on-body-holsters

Oh, thank you.  I thimply mutht get myself one of these.  pink floral kydex

(Actually did bookmark the page.  Contemplating a Crimson Trace Laserguard for one of my XDS-s.   (Midway has one for cheap.) Which would mean new pocket and belt holster.  Makers that list that combo aren't so common.)

In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2019, 04:07:20 PM »
:rofl:

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2019, 06:30:33 PM »
Maybe you could get a white one, and wash it with a red sock?

If I washed it with coffee, it would be flat dark earth.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2019, 06:59:24 PM »
If I washed it with coffee, it would be flat dark earth.

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt about why your underwear is all light pink ;)
"It's good, though..."

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2019, 11:19:13 AM »
Hey Millcreek, I've been looking for something like that to carry a small handgun/reload (Airweight J-frame) while running.  Does it look like it would hold secure during exercise?  I love the price...
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2019, 12:23:31 PM »
Hey Millcreek, I've been looking for something like that to carry a small handgun/reload (Airweight J-frame) while running.  Does it look like it would hold secure during exercise?  I love the price...

For me it does.  While road biking, mountain biking, hiking and jogging.  I specifically looked for a model with a retention strap on the holster and mag pouch for this very reason.

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2019, 03:40:41 PM »
For me it does.  While road biking, mountain biking, hiking and jogging.  I specifically looked for a model with a retention strap on the holster and mag pouch for this very reason.

What handgun do you carry while jogging?  I was thinking airweight J-Frame for the mix of weight and rust resistance (what can I say, I'm a big sweat machine when I jog).
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2019, 04:47:44 PM »
What handgun do you carry while jogging?  I was thinking airweight J-Frame for the mix of weight and rust resistance (what can I say, I'm a big sweat machine when I jog).

Either my Taurus .357 Protector Poly or the Kahr CW-9.  I am more prone to carry the .357 revolver loaded with .357 157 grain JSP when I am mountain biking off-road.  I recall the woman in Issaquah last year who was stalked and killed by a cougar while she was bicycling on a logging road.  So like you, when engaged in outdoor pursuits, I carry something relatively lightweight and corrosion resistant.  I think your Airweight would be carried securely and not be flopping and bouncing around, if the belly band is properly wrapped around your abdomen.

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2019, 09:14:01 PM »
Good to hear it works well with revolvers.  I'm going to give it a try.

Too bad it works with revolvers.  I was thinking it might be an excuse to buy a new pistol.   :lol:
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)