Author Topic: Black Friday (and pre Black Friday) deals  (Read 6388 times)

Kingcreek

• friend
Black Friday (and pre Black Friday) deals
« on: November 10, 2019, 10:25:18 AM »
I’ve been getting a bunch of pre BF deal offers. Jumped on my first one 2 days ago and waiting for delivery from battery junction. I needed a new headlamp for deer hunting and chores and going out to the woodshed at night for firewood. I’ve had bad luck with all the AAAx3 ones I’ve had.
Bought a Fenix HM50R. Lightweight and small, LED up to 500 lumens w 4 power settings and power indicator that is rechargeable or single cr123. $51 and free shipping was a bargain.
Now I’m waiting on a deal on a Warn winch for the Jeep...
Anybody else taking the bait?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 03:43:42 PM by Kingcreek »
What we have here is failure to communicate.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 09:23:59 AM by Ben »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Black Friday (and pre Black Friday) deals
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2019, 11:05:35 AM »
Big Daddy Unlimited sent something out that they will be doing gun packages each day until Black Friday.  I haven't seen anything else just yet, but I am sure I will.

Walmart is selling off ammo, but maybe not the best people to spend money with.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2019, 11:45:57 AM »
Primary Arms:  12% off and free shipping on orders over $200 with SAVE12 code.  I think this is only for a day or two.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2019, 11:37:11 AM »
Palmetto State Armory has an AR pistol kit for $299.  10" nitrided barrel with free float hand guard.  That was supposed to just be through today.  On today's email, I see rifle and pistol kits for $300 to $400. 
Now I am curious if they will have anything better next week.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2019, 11:45:50 AM »
Palmetto State Armory has an AR pistol kit for $299.  10" nitrided barrel with free float hand guard.  That was supposed to just be through today.  On today's email, I see rifle and pistol kits for $300 to $400. 
Now I am curious if they will have anything better next week.

Not better, just different. They put different kits on sale regularly, look for the one you want, and check back every week for a couple months and it will come around.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2019, 11:54:46 AM »
PSA also has a new Gen3 Glock 21 for $399.  Might interest some folks.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2019, 02:05:23 PM »
More PSA goodness.

PSA has a set of BOTH front and back Magpul MBUS for $49.99 with the coupon code MBUSSET going on right now.  Mine just arrived today in fact.

FYI.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/magpul-gen-2-mbus-front-rear-back-up-sight-set.html

They also have the Vortex Strike Eagle 1-6x scope with a Picatinny/AR rail mount as a bundle for $249.99 coupon code VORTEX. Normal price on this bundle is $389.99, it's even $388.99 on Amazon.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/vortex-strike-eagle-1-6x24-riflescope-and-vortex-sport-cantilever-30mm-ring-mount-2-inch-offset.html
I promise not to duck.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2019, 02:06:57 PM »
Anyone seeing any really good deals on .32 ACP ammo?

If not, anyone have advice on the best place to order .32 ACP ammo?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2019, 02:17:08 PM »
Anyone seeing any really good deals on .32 ACP ammo?

If not, anyone have advice on the best place to order .32 ACP ammo?

Classic has Geco 73gr for $9/box right now.  That's about as cheap as it gets. And Classic is a relatively large/well known name.

https://www.classicfirearms.com/geco-270340050-32-acp-full-metal-jacket/

Foundry has it for $.10 cheaper per box, you'd have to see who has better shipping. (I suspect Classic will)

I've ordered from Carolina Munitions before because their shipping came out cheaper. They have Fiocchi for $10/box.

https://carolinamunitions.com/fiocchi-32ap-classic-line-32-automatic-colt-pistol-acp-73-gr-full-metal-jacket-50-rounds.html?asaid=as0004

Essentially I just put it in the cart and estimate the shipping between a few places that come out the lowest at Ammoseek.com

I promise not to duck.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2019, 04:20:18 PM »
Dang, that is cheap.  Even SGAmmo was over $15/box.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2019, 09:43:32 AM »
Thanks! I missed that price when I went looking. That is a decent price, and Geco is decent ammo.

I think I'm going to order up a case no matter what. That should give me enough .32 ACP to last me the rest of my life.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2019, 09:49:08 AM »
Thanks! I missed that price when I went looking. That is a decent price, and Geco is decent ammo.

I think I'm going to order up a case no matter what. That should give me enough .32 ACP to last me the rest of my life.

You need to shoot more.  I will leave off commenting about the other side of that.   :laugh:

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2019, 11:53:04 AM »
Just saw it in an email.  Primary Arms has some Blemished 20-round Lancer mags for $9.99.

If you like their Prism scopes, the blemished 5X version is $250.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2019, 12:49:28 PM »
I'm considering a mountain bike build this winter, so I might be watching for some BF sales on parts, wheels or the frame.

IDLife will have a serious sale on the Health and fitness DNA kits starting on the 25th. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2019, 11:30:42 PM »
Costco and Best Buy show a Samsung 75" in the $750 range.  There is a slightly better model just under $1000.

https://www.costco.com/samsung-75%22-class---6-series---4k-uhd-led-lcd-tv.product.100509482.html

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-75-class-led-nu6900-series-2160p-smart-4k-uhd-tv-with-hdr/6290167.p?skuId=6290167

Something I was considering next week.  I need to look up some reviews as I have no idea what all the series 6 and other designations means.  All it means now is "better than my current TV" which isn't saying much.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2019, 11:46:39 PM »
Costco and Best Buy show a Samsung 75" in the $750 range.  There is a slightly better model just under $1000.

https://www.costco.com/samsung-75%22-class---6-series---4k-uhd-led-lcd-tv.product.100509482.html

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-75-class-led-nu6900-series-2160p-smart-4k-uhd-tv-with-hdr/6290167.p?skuId=6290167

Something I was considering next week.  I need to look up some reviews as I have no idea what all the series 6 and other designations means.  All it means now is "better than my current TV" which isn't saying much.

I was at costco today and that one was selling like hotcakes.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2019, 11:49:58 PM »
Figures.  I was going to meet my Dad at one Monday to see what they had.  Probably be out of them by then. 

Best Buy appears to still have a deal where if you apply for their credit card, you can get 10% off.  That is another option.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2019, 08:08:39 AM »
I'm very likely going to spring for a new TV in the 65" range along with a surround system and a wall mount after Christmas. I have enough Visa rewards points to cover almost all of it. Probably just going to get a Samsung from Best Buy.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2019, 09:03:01 AM »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2019, 09:35:35 AM »
I'll be watching the PSA sales for an AR pistol kit. One of the kits with the polished trigger and other upgrades from their basic kits.

Also I need a new pair of boots and LA Police Gear always does 25% storewide, so I'll probably pick up a pair of the Beleville insulated boots with the Winter outsole.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2019, 12:34:35 PM »
I have a holster to get (with some very particular requirements), so I'll be watching for Black Freitag deals from the short list of makes I've found that list what I want.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2019, 12:46:30 PM »
I'll be watching the PSA sales for an AR pistol kit. One of the kits with the polished trigger and other upgrades from their basic kits.

Also I need a new pair of boots and LA Police Gear always does 25% storewide, so I'll probably pick up a pair of the Beleville insulated boots with the Winter outsole.

I am also looking at PSA pistol kits. As of now I am leaning toward the one that comes with the SIG optic. It has been running 440 dollars less than list for a while. I figure I will get a few upgrades from Brownells to go with it while I am at it.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-10-5-carbine-length-5-56-nato-1-7-nitride-12-slant-m-lok-moe-ept-sba3-pistol-kit-with-mbus-sight-set-romeo-5.html

bob

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2019, 12:57:57 PM »
I am also looking at PSA pistol kits. As of now I am leaning toward the one that comes with the SIG optic. It has been running 440 dollars less than list for a while. I figure I will get a few upgrades from Brownells to go with it while I am at it.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-10-5-carbine-length-5-56-nato-1-7-nitride-12-slant-m-lok-moe-ept-sba3-pistol-kit-with-mbus-sight-set-romeo-5.html

bob

Ha! That's the one that caught my eye too. You know more about them than me - what are your thoughts on components?