Author Topic: American Outdoor to Split Off Smith and Wesson  (Read 761 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
American Outdoor to Split Off Smith and Wesson
« on: November 14, 2019, 08:05:34 AM »
Interesting in that politics is alluded to in the article. I can't help but wonder if there was pressure either externally or from some stockholders, I don't know enough about the overall brand to know how much of their profit was gun-based. IIRC, REI was going to top selling their products after one of the mass shootings because of the S&W link and "guns bad".

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/smith-wesson-to-split-from-corporate-parent-american-outdoor-brands-corp-2019-11-13

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Re: American Outdoor to Split Off Smith and Wesson
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2019, 11:10:34 AM »
Interesting in that politics is alluded to in the article. I can't help but wonder if there was pressure either externally or from some stockholders, I don't know enough about the overall brand to know how much of their profit was gun-based. IIRC, REI was going to top selling their products after one of the mass shootings because of the S&W link and "guns bad".

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/smith-wesson-to-split-from-corporate-parent-american-outdoor-brands-corp-2019-11-13

The evil left is using their economic power to separate and isolate their prey.

I guess we should be pleased that many corporations evil intentions are now openly revealed.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.