Author Topic: Another shooting in gun control paradise California  (Read 2630 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Another shooting in gun control paradise California
« on: November 18, 2019, 09:20:38 AM »
4 dead, 6 injured at a football watch party
Shooter still on the loose.
Sounds like a rough neighborhood   

https://twitter.com/ABC7/status/1196309102961426432?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

4 Killed, 6 Wounded in Shooting at Fresno Backyard Football Watch Party
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/4-killed-6-wounded-in-shooting-at-fresno-backyard-football-watch-party/

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Another shooting in gun control paradise California
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2019, 09:28:27 AM »
Probably a Hmong neighborhood. Lots of Hmong gangsters in the valley.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2019, 11:05:49 AM »
It was.

I'm reminded of that video/DVD that came out some years back, Fresno Uncensored?

Some of the firepower the gangbangers could come up with was fairly impressive.

I'm wondering if the shooter didn't have something like that? I suspect it wasn't a California-legal firearm...
"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2019, 12:13:09 PM »

Why do you hate vibrant "diversity"?    >:D
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2019, 12:22:51 PM »
Why do you hate vibrant "diversity"?    >:D

It's funny, when I lived in the area, I saw a big dichotomy in my observations/interactions with the Hmong. On the one hand you have these lame ass gangsters driving around in their crappy cars with $5K in rims, but on the other hand, you see these families of Hmong who come here, scrimp and save and don't ask for handouts, and do things like, in the valley, buy small pieces of land to farm. You'll have multiple families living and working together doing things like raising strawberries to sell, and they grow awesome strawberries.

It's a group that has some of the worst traits of the worst immigrants, and the best traits of the best immigrants, who come here and pull themselves up by their bootstraps to success.

Of course there's also the fact that Fresno is rapidly going from average shithole to world class shithole.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2019, 02:29:50 PM »
I worked at San Jose Regional for a while before it was abandoned due to cost to earthquake reinforce it. We were the nearest Level 2 Trauma facility to the area south of San Jose as well as being located in downtown San Jose. On one side of the hospital was mostly Hispanic and the other way was mostly Asian. 99% of the time we would know the race of the patient being brought in according to wounds. Gunshot  equaled Asian, knife or blunt object wounds = Hispanic. That would also determine on who would be barred from the hospital before the ambulance or helo even got to the doors. The Asians really liked their guns.

bob

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2019, 02:55:21 PM »
It's funny, when I lived in the area, I saw a big dichotomy in my observations/interactions with the Hmong. On the one hand you have these lame ass gangsters driving around in their crappy cars with $5K in rims, but on the other hand, you see these families of Hmong who come here, scrimp and save and don't ask for handouts, and do things like, in the valley, buy small pieces of land to farm. You'll have multiple families living and working together doing things like raising strawberries to sell, and they grow awesome strawberries.

It's a group that has some of the worst traits of the worst immigrants, and the best traits of the best immigrants, who come here and pull themselves up by their bootstraps to success.

Of course there's also the fact that Fresno is rapidly going from average shithole to world class shithole.

We had the "strawberry" kind of Hmong living next door for a couple of years.  :) They were great neighbors.  I don't think they have a gang problem here (maybe I just don't hear about it.)  The gangsters and petty criminals are mostly Somali.  =| I don't think most Somalis are low-lifes, but they are over-represented for some reason.
"It's good, though..."

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2019, 03:00:46 PM »

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2019, 05:03:01 PM »
I worked at San Jose Regional

Ever eat at La Victoria?  I love their food.  I used to bid SJC layovers just to get their burritos.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2019, 05:21:01 PM »
There is no indication that anyone at the home was affiliated with a gang, Hall said, adding, "at this point we have not ruled gang involvement out." 

IOW, they don't *expletive deleted*in' know. 

But everyone is screeching about MOAR GUN KKKONTROL NOW
"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2019, 08:37:41 AM »
We had the "strawberry" kind of Hmong living next door for a couple of years.  :) They were great neighbors.  I don't think they have a gang problem here (maybe I just don't hear about it.)  The gangsters and petty criminals are mostly Somali.  =| I don't think most Somalis are low-lifes, but they are over-represented for some reason.

Have you ever been to Somalia?  There is, to put it kindly, a large culture gap between most Somali's and Westerners.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2019, 08:53:51 AM »

Its the same in WI- there are a few cities with relatively large Hmong populations- Green Bay, Sheboygan, and Wausau in particular that fit the same pattern.
I have a long time friend, who was my college room mate for a couple of years who came over from Laos when he was a toddler- his Dad fought for the US Army. He inherited his family's Asian food market, and is easily the hardest working person I've ever met.

"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2019, 09:28:01 AM »
Color me surprised

You may have seen the story about the shooting in Fresno yesterday. The details: members of one Fresno gang opened fire on members of a rival gang at a football watch party. Four died and six were wounded.

To repeat: members of one well known street gang shot up members of another gang, doing what criminal street gangs are known to do. Now Congressman Jim Costa is using the attack in his district to argue that universal background checks and red flag laws will somehow do something to stop gang bangers from shooting each other
California Congressman Calls for National Gun Control After Gang Shooting in His District
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/california-democrat-calls-for-national-gun-control-after-gang-shooting-in-his-district/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2019, 09:55:49 AM »
Have you ever been to Somalia?  There is, to put it kindly, a large culture gap between most Somali's and Westerners.

I'm trying really hard not to paint the whole group with the same brush as their bad actors.  But this group has a *lot* of bad actors.  I don't know how many Somalis there are here; it's a pretty big community.  (why would they come to Minnesota?)  Just reading the daily crime reports, it seems about half, and most of the shootings, are Somali.  The other half are whites that look like they're on meth, but maybe mug shots make everybody look that way. :D   Non-Somali black and Asian crime are almost nonexistent.
"It's good, though..."

Pb

• friend
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2019, 11:17:59 AM »
Cultural attitudes towards violence vary enormously.

Cultures that find violence acceptable have high murder rates, no matter what gun laws there are.

Cultures that find violence unacceptable have low murder rates, no matter what gun laws there are.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2019, 12:20:36 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLd74Ukkbic

More accurate than the movie makers would like to admit at parties.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2019, 11:38:00 PM »
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2019, 11:49:39 PM »
The Asians really liked their guns.

IT manager at work was born in a refugee camp in I think Indonesian.  His parents were Cambodians fleeing the Khymer Rouge.  His gun nuttery would match or exceed most of ours on this forum.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2020, 10:32:14 AM »
The Asians really liked their guns.

bob

Asian == "really just white" in the current intersectional calculation.  So, yeah, it fits.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2020, 08:56:07 AM »
Cultural attitudes towards violence vary enormously.

No, they really don't.

The vast majority of cultures in the history of the world and in the world today believe(d) that violence is perfectly acceptable against the outgroup. Within the group, violence is to be controlled. (Possibly even forbidden.)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2020, 09:36:58 AM »
No, they really don't.

The vast majority of cultures in the history of the world and in the world today believe(d) that violence is perfectly acceptable against the outgroup. Within the group, violence is to be controlled. (Possibly even forbidden.)

Which is why violence perpetrated by antifa and their ilk against "the right" and conservatives is perfectly acceptable by the left.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams