Author Topic: Another Walmart shooting. In Oklahoma this time.  (Read 989 times)

p12

• friend
  • I SEE NOISES!!

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Another Walmart shooting. In Oklahoma this time.
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2019, 12:16:17 PM »
Tin foil hat on

Lots of distractions all of a sudden from the floundering impeachment hearings

Tin foil hat off

For the record I don't I don't buy into this tin foil stuff though I do think the media is giving these shootings extra coverage for the same effect.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2019, 12:30:07 PM »
Tin foil hat on

Lots of distractions all of a sudden from the impeachment hearings

Tin foil hat off

For the record I don't I don't buy into this tin foil stuff though I do think the media is giving these shootings extra coverage for the same effect.

I was kinda thinking "tinfoil on" not for the impeachment, but another one of those paranoid thoughts I get when there are suddenly multiple shooting one after the other as everyone screeches "gun control". I know "they" have been disappointed that nothing so far has had any movement on the control issue since the bumpstock ban.

When you see how crazy people get with the TDS, you can't help but think there are people at lest as crazy with gun control syndrome.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2019, 12:43:56 PM »
Regardless of the circumstances this will likely be used as fodder for the anti-constitutional carry push going on here.
I'll comment more when more details are known.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2019, 02:19:42 PM »
Sounds like disgruntled lover murder suicide, which could have taken place anywhere. It does not sound like a random shooter going to Walmart to up the body count.

bob

eta: Then I read the whole article:

"This was an isolated incident in the parking lot and was not an active shooter situation," Jenkins said.

bob

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2019, 02:24:13 PM »
It appears to have been a domestic love triangle situation, based on some early reports. The anti-gun zealots will find some way to shoehorn this into their narrative.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2019, 03:04:46 PM »
The report I saw, the guy was stopped by an armed citizen.  So this story won't get much traction, or else that little detail will be edited out.
"It's good, though..."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2019, 03:11:44 PM »
First what I'm reading he was "confronted" by an armed citizen but then ate one of his own bullets
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2019, 04:11:08 PM »
First what I'm reading he was "confronted" by an armed citizen but then ate one of his own bullets

I didn't say the armed citizen shot him, I said he stopped him.  IIRC the good guyâ„¢ put a gun to his head and said "Drop it" and instead the bad guy shot himself.  The witness turned away and didn't see the actual shot so wasn't positive who pulled the trigger, but was pretty sure it was the bad guy.
"It's good, though..."