Author Topic: The LGBTQWERTY Never Stop... and so they notch another victory (CFA caves)  (Read 3143 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
https://www.christianpost.com/news/chick-fil-a-denies-capitulating-to-lgbt-activists-christian-groups-wont-be-excluded-from-donations.html

The company CLAIMSthat it's not a capitulation. They're just not donating to "controversial" charities anymore. Controversial charities like The Salvation Army.

So, they are giving in to the leftist characterization that the Salvation Army is bigoted, but they're TOTALLY not capitulating. They are just "refocusing" there efforts so that they don't have to fight anymore.

In other words, the leftists win. Attack, attack, attack, attack, until the other side just gives up to stop the incessant attacks. (Which never stop until you are destroyed, but somehow the targets always think they can appease their enemies who want them dead.)

It's the strategy the Dems are using against Trump, btw. ALWAYS attack attack attack attack and hope that the American people will get sick of it and just give in (and not re-elect Trump) to have a little bit of peace.

Which is why I've come around on Trump. He never backs down because he gets this, either instinctively or by plan. You have to fight back EVERY time because they will never stop. They can’t be bargained with. They can’t be reasoned with. They don't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And they absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: The LGBTQWERTY Never Stop... and so they notch another victory (CFA caves)
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2019, 10:39:20 AM »
Yeah,  I was sad to see them cave, especially considering all the good work the SA has done using extremely low overhead.

If anything, from my POV, I'm less inclined to give to the SA general fund because the money all too often goes to drug addicts, etc. JMO, but I like my charity money to go to people who are truly down on their luck through no fault of their own, which is why I prefer to give directly to the SA emergency response fund.

I also heard on the news that apparently the SA runs one of the only "safe homes" in the US specifically for trans people. It's also a use of their funds I don't agree with, but it certainly doesn't fit "anti LGBTREWQLSJ" that the SJW haters are yelling about.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2019, 10:59:49 AM »
Yeah,  I was sad to see them cave, especially considering all the good work the SA has done using extremely low overhead.

If anything, from my POV, I'm less inclined to give to the SA general fund because the money all too often goes to drug addicts, etc. JMO, but I like my charity money to go to people who are truly down on their luck through no fault of their own, which is why I prefer to give directly to the SA emergency response fund.

I also heard on the news that apparently the SA runs one of the only "safe homes" in the US specifically for trans people. It's also a use of their funds I don't agree with, but it certainly doesn't fit "anti LGBTREWQLSJ" that the SJW haters are yelling about.

I think a lot of The Salvation Army hate comes from the fact that they are a Christian organization; actually I think they are a bona fide church.  It doesn't matter that they run a safe house for trannies, to the SJW true believers any contrary evidence just proves their point even more.
"It's good, though..."

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2019, 11:24:26 AM »
I think a lot of The Salvation Army hate comes from the fact that they are a Christian organization; actually I think they are a bona fide church.  It doesn't matter that they run a safe house for trannies, to the SJW true believers any contrary evidence just proves their point even more.

They are a church with Wesleyan roots, I'm friends with the local Captains, who are a married couple. Hanging out with them, I have learned a lot about the organization.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Pb

• friend
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2019, 11:25:30 AM »
delete

HankB

• friend
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2019, 03:14:01 PM »
Cutting off the Salvation Army  :facepalm:

Maybe my opinion has been shaped by having a father and some uncles who were WWII vets - ALL of them praised the Salvation Army. And cursed (I mean literally cursed, with language they rarely used otherwise) the Red Cross.

The story that I read mentioned that the founder of CFA was deceased . . . makes me wonder if the business will flush its founding principles and go downhill in the same way that WalMart did after Sam Walton died. (I'm old enough to remember when WalMart advertising used to tout all the "Made in USA" merchandise that they sold. It's been a while . . .  =(  )
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2019, 05:23:59 PM »
I would guess this is partly because they are getting so much push back in leftist cities where they have tried to expand.  However, the idiots ought to know that capitulating to SJW's never satisfies your attackers and just pisses off your supporters. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2019, 05:39:03 PM »
I would guess this is partly because they are getting so much push back in leftist cities where they have tried to expand.  However, the idiots ought to know that capitulating to SJW's never satisfies your attackers and just pisses off your supporters. 

Yup. The SJWs that will never eat there anyway will only keep demanding more of the pie,  and then even CFA diehards will start going elsewhere.

I'm sure there are a LOT of people who are like me: I think they make good fast food, but it's not to die for. I mostly go there to support them and their nice employees. If they start giving ground left and right (or left and left), I'll be less inclined to do so.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2019, 07:31:57 PM »
The SA was, maybe still is in some places, a conservative evangelical movement, complete with military uniforms. It was aimed at ministering to the poor and drug-addicted in London's slums.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2019, 09:17:18 PM »
The SA was, maybe still is in some places, a conservative evangelical movement, complete with military uniforms. It was aimed at ministering to the poor and drug-addicted in London's slums.

Still is, but they spread the word (and hope/salvation) by being out in the community, leading by example and not hiding behind church doors.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2019, 08:55:45 AM »
The primary purpose of for profit corporations is to make a profit.

The bean counters weighed the potential profits in expanding into leftist enclaves and decided that "the customer is always right".

It's a for profit corporation.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2019, 09:08:09 AM »
The primary purpose of for profit corporations is to make a profit.

The bean counters weighed the potential profits in expanding into leftist enclaves and decided that "the customer is always right".

It's a for profit corporation.

Yeah, but these people are for the most part not CFA customers, and likely never will be.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2019, 09:48:31 AM »
Bablyon Bee hardest hit.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2019, 10:11:07 AM »
Yeah, but these people are for the most part not CFA customers, and likely never will be.

Should be interesting to see how this shakes out.

My suspicion is they will continue to do well and those on the right will eventually forget the fuss.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2019, 11:03:40 AM »
Should be interesting to see how this shakes out.

My suspicion is they will continue to do well and those on the right will eventually forget the fuss.
How many on the right ate there because they gave to Christian orgs?  

I didn't.  I just liked it because it was a well run store with good chicken nuggets and fries.  I respected their stance on staying closed on Sundays and thought it was actually pretty smart (see well run stores comment).  

My comments about them caving is simply that I don't think it will actually help them all that much. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2019, 03:02:01 PM »
Bablyon Bee hardest hit.

Well ... not entirely:

https://babylonbee.com/news/lemonade-turning-to-blood-at-chick-fil-a-locations-across-the-country

https://babylonbee.com/news/cfa-trades-christian-supporters-for-outraged-mob-that-will-stop-at-nothing-to-destroy-them

At publishing time, a source had confirmed that Chick-fil-A was paid a sizable bribe of thirty pieces of silver to defund the Christian organizations.

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2019, 04:28:45 PM »
A booming voice from the heavens reportedly told Chick-fil-A to "let my Christian organizations go."
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Wait until we hear about stores suddenly losing their #1 assistant managers.  

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2019, 04:48:54 PM »
Wait until we hear about stores suddenly losing their #1 assistant managers.  

The assistant managers will be spared if the employees cover the doorframe with Polynesian sauce.

- Barack Obama

grampster

• friend
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2019, 09:37:54 PM »

"Maybe my opinion has been shaped by having a father and some uncles who were WWII vets - ALL of them praised the Salvation Army. And cursed (I mean literally cursed, with language they rarely used otherwise) the Red Cross."
  (HankB)

Yup, my dad also said the same thing.  A Red Cross person came to the door once and the Old Man told him in no uncertain terms that he was a WWII combat vet and his organization was a piece of s#!& and to get off our property.

Salvation Army is one of a very few organizations who put nearly every dollar they get to work, not in the pockets of executives.  I support them and will have to up my donation because of CFA's betrayal of principals.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
                         - Barack Obama

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2019, 09:45:43 PM »
https://babylonbee.com/news/chinese-christians-pray-for-church-in-america-persecuted-by-chick-fil-a-donation-decision
Persecuted Church In China Praying For American Believers Who Aren't Sure Where They Can Get A Good Christian Chicken Sandwich Anymore

"Lord, please protect our brothers and sisters in America, who are severely persecuted by the fall of Chick-fil-A," prayed one Chinese pastor currently imprisoned for his faith. "We know this is somehow part of Your sovereign plan, yet we still cry out to You asking that You would save them from this brutal persecution."

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2019, 03:46:23 AM »
CFA
was the only fast food chain i actually got sandwiches from , once a month or two for a yr or so now.
i will order black coffee from micky D once in a while ...
i liked that the clientele and employees seemed more Christian than not.
i have never been a fan of SA - why can't they help recovering addicts and alcoholics?
i have not had a drink/cigg/devils cabbage in over 24 yrs.
where is the help for people who quit/desire a better life/have a job?
I will probably continue to eat CFA once a month or so, i wish they had not capitulated - it is obvious they did .

"our side" needs a big win again, Trump 2020/new york rifle & pistol V NY/ and somebody like Hilary in jail would be nice
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2019, 03:11:36 PM »
Speaking of the Salvation Army ....

- Barack Obama

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2019, 05:05:20 PM »
The Salvation Army had bell ringers at my supermarket today. I put a buck in the bucket.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2019, 05:25:37 PM »
The Salvation Army had bell ringers at my supermarket today. I put a buck in the bucket.

I wait until a lot closer to Christmas (sometimes Christmas Eve), then put a nice check in the bucket :)
"It's good, though..."