Author Topic: Anti-Brexit PC Christmas Movie Monumentally Bombs At Theaters  (Read 2363 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Anti-Brexit PC Christmas Movie Monumentally Bombs At Theaters
« on: December 02, 2019, 08:28:32 PM »
https://summit.news/2019/12/02/anti-brexit-pc-christmas-movie-monumentally-bombs-at-theaters/

The reviews tell the tale. The Sun’s Dan Wootton wrote that “Last Christmas is the worst festive film I have ever seen … It’s a woke, remoaning, overly politically correct mess of a movie that manages to suck every inch of fun, joy and togetherness out of the season where we should be jolly.”

I have no idea what this movie is, but the article looked entertaining. 

Question for y'all:  How widespread do you perceive the complaints about movies and shows being "woke" with too much politically correct nonsense? 

I see this sort of complaint all over the place.  I watched a few reviews of the new Star Wars and Captain Marvel on YouTube and suddenly I get videos recommended commenting on all sorts of Hollywood stuff.  Lately I have seen stuff by Mr H Reviews, The Critical Drinker, and Nerdrotic on YouTube.  Mr H Reviews has been dogging the Batwoman show quite a bit.  I hate to assume this is a trend so I thought I would ask you what you see. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Anti-Brexit PC Christmas Movie Monumentally Bombs At Theaters
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2019, 08:32:20 PM »
Batwoman?

Nobody ever tells me nuttin'.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MechAg94

• friend
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2019, 08:56:32 PM »
https://summit.news/2019/12/02/anti-brexit-pc-christmas-movie-monumentally-bombs-at-theaters/

Question for y'all:  How widespread do you perceive the complaints about movies and shows being "woke" with too much politically correct nonsense? 

I see this sort of complaint all over the place.  I watched a few reviews of the new Star Wars and Captain Marvel on YouTube and suddenly I get videos recommended commenting on all sorts of Hollywood stuff.  Lately I have seen stuff by Mr H Reviews, The Critical Drinker, and Nerdrotic on YouTube.  Mr H Reviews has been dogging the Batwoman show quite a bit.  I hate to assume this is a trend so I thought I would ask you what you see. 

Very recently the Tube of You has been giving me awful suggestions as to what I might enjoy.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2019, 09:31:33 PM »
Very recently the Tube of You has been giving me awful suggestions as to what I might enjoy.
It started with me looking at videos talking about the last Avengers movie that was coming out then I started looking at videos talking about the Godzilla movie.  Many of them were not worth much, but a few were decent.  I have found that is common with YouTube recommendations. 

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2019, 11:21:13 AM »
A-listers in a Christmas-time romantic comedy? They had to work hard woke hard to get panned that badly.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2019, 12:01:44 PM »
The real question is what will the woke crowd do when Black Widow does well?  They could ignore Alita: Battle Angel because it was some manga rip off, but this will be in direct competition with Captain Marvel.  I don't think, based on some of her previous interviews, that Ms. Johansson is going to do "woke" interviews.

They may be forced to admit that folks WILL go see movies with a strong female lead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxAtuMu_ph4&t=4s

HankB

• friend
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2019, 12:04:31 PM »
The "woke" types are still upset that Marvel didn't give Captain America a boyfriend.   :facepalm:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2019, 12:09:52 PM »
"They may be forced to admit that folks WILL go see movies with a strong female lead."

I guess they think Sigorney Weaver is a dude?  :rofl:
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2019, 12:30:17 PM »
Woke folks don't believe the world actually existed before the 90's.  We sprung fully formed from the forehead of Bill Clinton while he played a sax on the Tonight Show.  Everything else is white male supremacist propaganda.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2019, 01:06:07 PM »
Notice how it's always men's fault when a "woke" movie/show fails.
Also notice how they always conveniently over look the fact that alot of women aren't watching them as well.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2019, 01:17:47 PM »
Notice how it's always men's fault when a "woke" movie/show fails.
Also notice how they always conveniently over look the fact that alot of women aren't watching them as well.

That's because women have been empowered to make a CHOICE about what they want to watch.

Men are, as usual, just being aholes.

:rofl:
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2019, 01:51:40 PM »

That's because women have been empowered to make a CHOICE about what they want to watch.

Men are, as usual, just being aholes.

:rofl:

Sure they're not being the name of a certain sporting goods store?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2019, 05:41:54 PM »
Sure they're not being the name of a certain sporting goods store?
Not all people realize what the word "cabelas" means in the original Lower Slobovian . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2019, 07:44:56 AM »
The critics seem to be savaging it fairly uniformly, but it seems to be getting decent reviews from people who have gone to see it in the theater.

And, according to this article, it appears that it's showing a profit. https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/last-christmas-paul-feig-critics-box-office-155204550.html

And, I just read the plot summary in Wikipedia... Jesus wept...  [barf]

brimic

• friends
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2019, 07:52:40 AM »

Save your money and go See Ford vs Ferarri instead. The woke crowd, feminists, SJWs, and various other soy-sucking muppets hate this movie for a reason.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2019, 08:00:19 AM »

Save your money and go See Ford vs Ferarri Richard Jewell instead. The woke crowd, feminists, SJWs, and various other soy-sucking muppets hate this movie for a reason.

Not really fixed that, because yours was fine. I just picked the one I'm actually looking forward to.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2019, 08:02:07 AM »
Not all people realize what the word "cabelas" means in the original Lower Slobovian . . .

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2019, 08:17:41 AM »

Save your money and go See Ford vs Ferarri instead. The woke crowd, feminists, SJWs, and various other soy-sucking muppets hate this movie for a reason.

I was initially not interested in the movie, but with all the hate, now, yeah, I want to see it.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2019, 08:19:32 AM »
I was initially not interested in the movie, but with all the hate, now, yeah, I want to see it.

That's why I have HBO. So I can enjoy the hate festival in the comfort of my own home.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2019, 08:49:52 AM »

I don’t generally like movies and have a hard time sitting through most of them, but it was a pretty good movie- real men, with real personalities, with real personal issues. I was pleasantly surprised by this movie.

Barack Obama

brimic

• friends
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2019, 08:56:56 AM »
Not really fixed that, because yours was fine. I just picked the one I'm actually looking forward to.

The Jewell movie is one I plan on seeing.

Barack Obama

MechAg94

• friend

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2019, 06:01:12 PM »
Since my wife hates the eponymous song with the seething hatred of a million seething Democrats, I am hoping I'll be able to avoid this one.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2019, 10:25:22 PM »
Woke folks don't believe the world actually existed before the 90's.  We sprung fully formed from the forehead of Bill Clinton while he played a sax on the Tonight Show.  Everything else is white male supremacist propaganda.

True.

And lemmings follow lemmings.