Main Forums > The Roundtable

What's going on at Naval bases all of a sudden?

(1/8) > >>

WLJ:
First this one Dec 4th

Sailor Shoots Three, Then Commits Suicide at Pearl Harbor
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/sailor-shoots-three-then-commits-suicide-at-pearl-harbor/

And then this one today.

Active Shooter Killed After Murdering Three, Wounding More at Naval Air Station Pensacola
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/active-shooter-killed-after-murdering-three-wounding-more-at-naval-air-station-pensacola/

MillCreek:
Last night, the national news said that the Pearl Harbor sailor did it with his service weapon.  Should I be surprised that his service weapon was accessible, or are they normally locked up in the armory while in port?

French G.:

--- Quote from: MillCreek on December 06, 2019, 12:39:32 PM ---Last night, the national news said that the Pearl Harbor sailor did it with his service weapon.  Should I be surprised that his service weapon was accessible, or are they normally locked up in the armory while in port?

--- End quote ---

He was standing watch, they don't have personally issued weps, draw from armory, stand post, return to armory. You can tell their mental screening is suspect, they gave me an M-16!

French G.:
Don't forget NAS Oceana a little while back, love triangle, shooter went to work where his almost gf also worked, shot her. Stupid admiral says we have to investigate how he got the weapon on base. Well, lets see. From 1994 to 2016 my car was searched once while entering Oceana, Norfolk, Langley, Little Creek, and Dam Neck. Once! One time I even told them I had a giant gun on the seat and needed to find the armory. Gate didn't know, I didn't know, they let me drive around Dam Neck for a while and then I finally got irritated, drove back to my room at Oceana and took my very large rifle case to the room with me. Nobody even noticed. It's a gun free zone, when people are going to go wacko it's a good spot. Nobody remembers Fort Hood.

I will say it is a pretty low casualty rate in these, almost like as soon as another gun gets there things go south for the shooter. Hmmm.

MillCreek:
AP is reporting that the Pensacola shooter is a Saudi flight student, and possible terrorism links are being looked at.  Interesting, because I thought that all the foreign military flight students trained at AF bases in Texas and Arizona. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version