Author Topic: Top Iranian general assassinated in Iraq  (Read 16597 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Top Iranian general assassinated in Iraq
« Reply #150 on: January 09, 2020, 07:34:48 AM »
"Did they say anything useful and/or interesting?"

You think I actually watched that *expletive deleted*it festival?

But, to answer your question tangentially, have they ever once said anything useful or interesting?

Every day I'm reminded more and more just how much I HATE the left.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #152 on: January 09, 2020, 01:00:59 PM »
There's pictures posted on twitter of a SA-15 seeker head found on the ground near the crash site.  Looks like someone was a little jumpy that night.

https://twitter.com/airplusnews_EN/status/1214979183845289984

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #153 on: January 09, 2020, 01:26:24 PM »
But Iran has stated categorically that it wasn't missile, so ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #154 on: January 09, 2020, 01:40:01 PM »
How many witnesses were on that plane that could testify against Hunter and Joe ...  [tinfoil]
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #155 on: January 09, 2020, 01:41:21 PM »
When are they going to start building these airplanes so they can take a little missile?

First the Airbus 300 that was shot down over the Gulf by the USS Vincennes, then the 777 knocked out of the sky over Ukraine and now a 737. I will give Airbus a pass because that was a mighty American missile but Boeing, really, not even hardened up enough to take a little Rooskie missile, they need to step up their game and harden up those passenger planes a bit. ;)

bob

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #156 on: January 09, 2020, 01:53:15 PM »
I guess there were casualties from the Iranian Missile attack Tuesday night.

Those casualties were: 82 Iranians, 63 Canadians, 11 Ukrainians, 10 Swedes, four Afghans, three Germans and three Britons.    =|
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

BobR

• friend
« Reply #157 on: January 09, 2020, 02:01:15 PM »
My biggest question is who thinks it is a good thing to allow civil aviation to fly around an area where missiles are being shot. I would think someone would think about suspending flight ops until daylight or sometime well after missiles have stopped flying over international boundaries. But hey, that is just me.

bob

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #158 on: January 09, 2020, 02:15:45 PM »
When are they going to start building these airplanes so they can take a little missile?

First the Airbus 300 that was shot down over the Gulf by the USS Vincennes, then the 777 knocked out of the sky over Ukraine and now a 737. I will give Airbus a pass because that was a mighty American missile but Boeing, really, not even hardened up enough to take a little Rooskie missile, they need to step up their game and harden up those passenger planes a bit. ;)

bob
If you are going back a ways, include that US airliner shot down in the North Pacific near Russia in the 80's.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

BobR

• friend
« Reply #159 on: January 09, 2020, 02:29:57 PM »
If you are going back a ways, include that US airliner shot down in the North Pacific near Russia in the 80's.

You are right about that but that was an air to air encounter as was the Soviet shoot down of another KAL flight in 1978. I guess the Koreans didn't learn from the 1978 one.  =|

bob

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #160 on: January 09, 2020, 02:50:58 PM »
US satellites apparently picked up the launch of two ground to air missiles in the area shortly before the plane crashed. 

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #161 on: January 09, 2020, 09:05:22 PM »
My biggest question is who thinks it is a good thing to allow civil aviation to fly around an area where missiles are being shot. I would think someone would think about suspending flight ops until daylight or sometime well after missiles have stopped flying over international boundaries. But hey, that is just me.

bob

Was pretty far away from launch areas being in Tehran. The real cynic in me wonders if it was a Putin sized finger to the Ukrainians. Reality is that once you kicked the hornet's nest every shadow in your air defense system is a shadow from Whiteman, Missouri.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #162 on: January 09, 2020, 09:32:37 PM »
Was pretty far away from launch areas being in Tehran. The real cynic in me wonders if it was a Putin sized finger to the Ukrainians. Reality is that once you kicked the hornet's nest every shadow in your air defense system is a shadow from Whiteman, Missouri.

They expected retaliation and got trigger happy.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

BobR

• friend
« Reply #163 on: January 09, 2020, 10:33:38 PM »
The way I understand the TOR is it can be run manually or automatically and I would think every one would prefer to let it do its thing. Much more accurate and much much faster than a human trying to engage multiple or single targets. I do believe this was an accident, they were fired up awaiting the incoming to crater the runway and someone forgot to turn one of them off. It saw a return in its target sector and said "Oh look, a target, time to go to work", and it does.

bob

fifth_column

• friend
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #165 on: January 10, 2020, 11:51:40 AM »
Interesting. I'd like to see it verified, but it sounds legit:

GregGutfeld

@greggutfeld

"Love or hate him, Trump has used military force less than any other president since Jimmy Carter." -- today's Times.

(which is why when he uses force, critics need to latch onto it and hysterically amplify it - because it's rare).

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2020/01/10/reality-checks-incoming-greg-gutfeld-brit-hume-truth-nuke-dem-attempts-to-make-trump-look-like-a-warmonger/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #166 on: January 10, 2020, 05:18:27 PM »
Cruz apparently took a Senate resolution from 2011, commending the military (including their commander-in-chief) for taking out OBL, and edited into a resolution commending the strike on that dead Iranian sucker. No Democrats would sign on.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/01/10/not-one-senate-democrat-joins-resolution-commending-u-s-military-for-soleimanis-death/

With the support of 42 other GOP senators, Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas introduced a resolution yesterday afternoon to commend the president for ordering “successful operations” in Iranian terrorist Qassam Soleimani’s death and to honor the members of U.S. military and intelligence agencies who aided in the targeted killing of “a terrorist responsible for the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people across the Middle East, including 603 US service members....”

Cruz’s resolution is deliberately modeled after the language used in Reid’s resolution. Indeed, a side-by-side comparison of S. Resolution 159 and Cruz’s Soleimani resolution indicates that the main method for penning Cruz’s resolution was substituting words, swapping the crimes of bin Laden for the crimes of Soleimani and subbing Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) for al-Qaeda.

I know a resolution is just symbolic, but what this symbolizes is rather disturbing.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #167 on: January 10, 2020, 05:22:56 PM »
Whiteman, Missouri.

Is that as racist as White Settlement, Texas?

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #168 on: January 10, 2020, 05:32:52 PM »
Someone needs to name a town Orangeman
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #169 on: January 10, 2020, 05:34:27 PM »
I told my wife yesterday that if it was Trump who had been president during the Bin Laden raid the democrats would be over the top apologizing for it
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #170 on: January 10, 2020, 05:54:35 PM »
Someone needs to name a town Orangeman

:laugh:

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #172 on: January 10, 2020, 09:57:07 PM »
Old joke I heard:   "Donald Trump confuses the people of Northern Ireland because he's both a republican and an orange man."

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #174 on: January 11, 2020, 08:36:13 AM »
I am actually impressed that they admitted it as opposed to continuing with their denials. Yeah, they still blamed the US for it, but still.