Author Topic: UK Bookies Offering 50/1 For Trump to Win a Third Term  (Read 2086 times)

MechAg94

• friend
UK Bookies Offering 50/1 For Trump to Win a Third Term
« on: January 14, 2020, 09:28:10 AM »
https://summit.news/2020/01/13/uk-bookies-offering-50-1-for-trump-to-win-a-third-term/

UK betting firm Ladbrokes is offering odds of 50/1 for Donald Trump to win a third term in office.

The bookmakers are offering the bet for Trump “to be sitting president on Feb 1st 2025 in 3rd term.” Trump is also at 10/1 to the the Republican nominee in 2024.

I am thinking this is a good bet.  They mention President Trump has joked about a 3rd term and mentioned in 2 or 3 more times.  Personally, I think he says it to poke at leftists as much as anything. 

What are the odds they will pay up in 5 years? 

Other odds being offered by Ladbrokes include Mike Pence at 5/2 to succeed Trump as president.

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
Re: UK Bookies Offering 50/1 For Trump to Win a Third Term
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2020, 10:27:10 AM »
Third term??

I'll take that bet.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2020, 10:29:50 AM »
Well, apparently the Brits understand the US Constitution about as well as the left does, which is not one bit.

22nd Amendment, anyone?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2020, 10:36:14 AM »
When Obama was in office, there were people opposed to him who speculated that he would try to stay in office.  Now that President Trump is here, there are people on the left doing the same speculation about him. 

Maybe by the time we get to President Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho people won't care. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2020, 10:54:52 AM »
When Obama was in office, there were people opposed to him who speculated that he would try to stay in office.  Now that President Trump is here, there are people on the left doing the same speculation about him. 

That's nothing new.

Around 2007, a certain leftist co-worker was absolutely convinced that Bush and Cheney were going to concoct a false-flag op (just like they did on 9/11  ;/ ) and use it as an excuse to suspend elections, making Bush El Presidente for life.

After Obama got elected, I asked him why none of that happened.  He just glared at me.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2020, 11:57:30 AM »
When Obama was in office, there were people opposed to him who speculated that he would try to stay in office.  Now that President Trump is here, there are people on the left doing the same speculation about him.  

I've been hearing that bullshit since Jimmy Carter was president. It's probably been said about EVERY president by whomever hates that particular president at that particular moment.

It's always something along the lines of "President X is going to suspend elections and declare martial law!"

The Howler Monkeys of Doom have been singing this since at least 1978. The words are the same, it's just the chorus that changes.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2020, 11:58:30 AM »
Speaking of which...

Where the hell are my howler monkeys of doom?

I should have howler monkeys of doom as my image!

Ah, OK, I think I figured it out. The site where that image is hosted is prohibited at my office, so it's not passing that information along to my work computer.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2020, 12:01:44 PM »
I remember scuttle about a 3rd term for Reagan too.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2020, 12:02:59 PM »
For Bush II and Obama it was "they're going to stage another terrorist attack on the homeland as the means to seizing power!"

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2020, 12:03:05 PM »
Speaking of which...

Where the hell are my howler monkeys of doom?

I should have howler monkeys of doom as my image!

Ah, OK, I think I figured it out. The site where that image is hosted is prohibited at my office, so it's not passing that information along to my work computer.

I see your howler monkeys of doom.  I want one as an emotional support animal.  [tinfoil]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2020, 12:03:50 PM »
I see your howler monkeys.  I want one as an emotional support animal.  [tinfoil]

Yeah, I figured it out. Blocked by the filters here at my office.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2020, 12:29:39 PM »
The 1944 Election was still held - giving FDR his 4th term - while WWII was still going on.

If we could hold an election during WWII, I don't see anything short of something like a major nuclear exchange, eruption of the Yellowstone supervolcano, or a major asteroid impact stopping an election today; certainly not a terrorist op, false flag or otherwise.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2020, 12:30:06 PM »
I see your howler monkeys of doom.  I want one as an emotional support animal.  [tinfoil]
I might want to hunt/shoot them, I don't want them in my area.  

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2020, 09:07:51 AM »

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2020, 09:11:45 AM »
The 1944 Election was still held - giving FDR his 4th term - while WWII was still going on.

If we could hold an election during WWII, I don't see anything short of something like a major nuclear exchange, eruption of the Yellowstone supervolcano, or a major asteroid impact stopping an election today; certainly not a terrorist op, false flag or otherwise.

The election in the middle of WW II was nothing.

The US held an orderly election in the middle of the freaking Civil War with one half of the country doing their level best to kill the other half and lots of bodies falling on both sides. As far as I know, every Union soldier in the field who wanted to was able to vote.

If that didn't derail the election cycle, I don't think anything will short of a cataclysmic even like what you mention would.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2020, 09:26:30 AM »
Don Jr is on deck
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2020, 11:01:38 AM »

The election in the middle of WW II was nothing.

The US held an orderly election in the middle of the freaking Civil War with one half of the country doing their level best to kill the other half and lots of bodies falling on both sides. As far as I know, every Union soldier in the field who wanted to was able to vote.

If that didn't derail the election cycle, I don't think anything will short of a cataclysmic even like what you mention would.

Did the black Union soldiers vote?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2020, 12:40:52 PM »
Did the black Union soldiers vote?

You know... I don't know the answer to that.

OK, found this article on the subject, and it's interesting...

The researcher claims that as many as 20% of soldiers chose not to vote for various reasons. And, it makes it sound as if no, black soldiers did not vote, my guess because they weren't considered to be citizens under the Constitution at that time.

https://www.historynet.com/fresh-look-1864-soldiers-vote-interview-jonathan-w-white.htm

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2020, 05:28:23 PM »
You know... I don't know the answer to that.

OK, found this article on the subject, and it's interesting...

The researcher claims that as many as 20% of soldiers chose not to vote for various reasons. And, it makes it sound as if no, black soldiers did not vote, my guess because they weren't considered to be citizens under the Constitution at that time.

https://www.historynet.com/fresh-look-1864-soldiers-vote-interview-jonathan-w-white.htm

The only thing I've read that deals with that kind of question is "Justifying the Founders." West suggested that the property/class limitations on the franchise were replaced by race and sex limits, in the post-Revolutionary era. So it wasn't so much a Constititutional question as something that happened organically at the state level. According to West, there were examples of blacks and women voting very early in American history, but that went away until after the Civil War, and then the early beginnings of women's suffrage out west.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2020, 08:18:14 AM »
Yes, it varied, state by state, over the years.

But, regarding voting by soldiers in the Civil War, it appears that they would have been voting under the rules of their home states. It's possible that many blacks wouldn't have been considered residents of a particular state, depending on how the state counted them.

Here's another article that discusses it in the larger context of military voting today. Interesting stuff.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2015/11/11/ensuring-soldiers-a-chance-to-vote-was-a-challenge-in-the-civil-war-it-still-is-today/

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2020, 06:26:05 PM »
ladbrokes will pay, its very reputable - I'm not sure about odds, so like at 50 to one, if you bet one hundred you get five thousand?
thats a good deal!
 Trump will be to busy doing other trumpian stuff to even bother running or wanting a third term.
However, if he does?? he has my vote for sure, just to annoy the left hahahahahah
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2020, 07:46:13 PM »
That's nothing new.

Around 2007, a certain leftist co-worker was absolutely convinced that Bush and Cheney were going to concoct a false-flag op (just like they did on 9/11  ;/ ) and use it as an excuse to suspend elections, making Bush El Presidente for life.

After Obama got elected, I asked him why none of that happened.  He just glared at me.

A guy I work with predicted Trump would be removed (or at least impeached) within 2 years. I haven't asked him about it. I just don't feel like embarrassing him, and I generally don't raise politics at work.

It's still possible to find the people that expect Trump to sign off after one term. I never did understand that one.