Author Topic: Scaleblaster for hard water  (Read 720 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Scaleblaster for hard water
« on: January 15, 2020, 01:26:24 PM »
https://www.scaleblaster.com/

I had never even heard of this technology until I got an email from Costco today listing the current sales.  We are on a well, and have moderate mineral buildup.  Has anyone used this and has an opinion on it?

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Re: Scaleblaster for hard water
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2020, 01:36:38 PM »
I have a salt/membrane water softener, never heard of this scale buster.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2020, 02:11:33 PM »
It sounds like it's just another variation on the magnets that you would put on the pipes... which didn't work.

I don't know if Scaleblaster works for not.

But, were I to need a water softener, I'd probably go with one of the citric acid systems.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2020, 03:21:09 PM »
It sounds like it's just another variation on the magnets that you would put on the pipes... which didn't work.

I don't know if Scaleblaster works for not.

This. It's a modern'd-up version of clamping magnets to your water line. There is some evidence it might limit scaling in certain industrial environments, but as a general whole-house water softener it's wasted money.

http://www.chem1.com/CQ/magscams.html

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2020, 05:51:16 PM »
This innovative product produces an oscillating electronic field using a unique and complex modulating frequency wave form that changes the physical shape, size and charge of the calcium molecules (the cause of hard water and lime scale formation).

It's a modern'd-up version of clamping magnets to your water line. There is some evidence it might limit scaling in certain industrial environments, but as a general whole-house water softener it's wasted money.

This. A bunch of scientific sounding gobbledygook that really means nothing IMO.

bob

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2020, 06:24:09 PM »
Ha!  No wonder my well water softened up when I keyed my transmitter at the old farm.  Ha!
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2020, 11:00:59 AM »
Hey, maybe you can replace the cow magnets on your car's fuel line with scaleblaster and get even BETTER gas mileage!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0JRfKfbJqQ

:rofl:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain