Author Topic: Can domestic abusers be cured?  (Read 845 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Can domestic abusers be cured?
« on: January 17, 2020, 08:17:55 PM »
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/01/seeking-cure-domestic-violence/604168/

I have little personal or professional knowledge about domestic violence, and I was interested to read this article about the Duluth model.  I was most interested to see that there is not a lot of data on any treatment model having much success.  I was also interested to see that men and women use violence in their relationships at approximately equal rates, but women bear the brunt of injury.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Can domestic abusers be cured?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2020, 10:34:45 PM »
Can domestic abusers be cured?

Certainly!
There is a "pill" for it. Comes in many dosages and different size delivery "capsules".
 [ar15]
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2020, 10:47:05 PM »
Pastor said his (possibly step) dad was cured of his abusive tendencies when his mom pointed a 105mm Howitzer (or that's how he perceived the .22lr revolver) at his face.  IIRC they remained married, and he never tried to hit her again.

But, as rkl stated, usually it the only cure is reducing the abuser's body temperature to ambient.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2020, 11:25:08 AM »
The ‘Duluth Model” pretty much runs on the assumption that all men are abusers and should be destroyed financially and legally for being male.

I’ve read stories about Spain where the Duluth Model is fully implemented- a woman merely has to accuse a man of DV (which could be as little as a heated argument) and his assets will be frozen, he’ll be kicked out of his home, which his wife/GF now get to take over.

It’s literally end stage feminist cancer.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2020, 11:57:36 AM »
The ‘Duluth Model” pretty much runs on the assumption that all men are abusers and should be destroyed financially and legally for being male.

I’ve read stories about Spain where the Duluth Model is fully implemented- a woman merely has to accuse a man of DV (which could be as little as a heated argument) and his assets will be frozen, he’ll be kicked out of his home, which his wife/GF now get to take over.

We're not too far from that here.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2020, 01:23:12 PM »

Literally.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Pb

• friend
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2020, 04:40:16 PM »

You are right.

I despise people who beat their spouses (male or female).

However-

Giving women the power to destroy the lives of their husbands without actual evidence of serious wrongdoing is flat out evil.

The deluth model assumes that a husband as the head of the house is an abusive relationship.

Look at the wheel.  Making decisions for the family is abusive. Saying abuse did not happen is abusive.  It defines traditional marriage roles as abuse.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2020, 08:11:28 PM »
You are right.

I despise people who beat their spouses (male or female).

However-

Giving women the power to destroy the lives of their husbands without actual evidence of serious wrongdoing is flat out evil.

The deluth model assumes that a husband as the head of the house is an abusive relationship.

Look at the wheel.  Making decisions for the family is abusive. Saying abuse did not happen is abusive.  It defines traditional marriage roles as abuse.

Note: all of those ideas and categories only apply to men who are subjected to Kafka court.

"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2020, 07:38:37 AM »
'Giving women the power to destroy the lives of their husbands without actual evidence of serious wrongdoing is flat out evil.'

Now, now... Remember what Empress Hils the Never said...

If a woman makes an accusation, she MUST be believed. Unless it's an accusation against Bill. Then the accuser is a feckless, lying hussy.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.