Author Topic: Roberts role in the trial  (Read 1087 times)

sumpnz

• friend
Roberts role in the trial
« on: January 22, 2020, 12:23:35 AM »
Pretty clear explanation of the Chief Justice's role in the upcoming impeachment trial.  I'm sure the libs will be crying about Roberts not compelling testimony from Bolton et al, while blocking Hunter Biden, etc for having to also testify, but there isn't much Roberts can do in that regard, even if he wanted to.

https://www.scotusblog.com/2020/01/the-role-of-the-chief-justice-in-an-impeachment-trial/

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Re: Roberts role in the trial
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2020, 07:51:24 PM »
Protector of the Deep State
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2020, 10:32:41 PM »
http://www.armedpolitesociety.com/index.php?topic=61720.0

Did you forget that you posted it before, or do we need to be reminded (again)?  :police:
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

grampster

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2020, 10:33:27 PM »
He wouldn't even read Rand Paul's question.  Several attorney's who claim knowledge of how impeachments are run, say that Roberts is out of order by not reading the question and doesn't have the authority to decide not to.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2020, 10:35:59 PM »
Does this mean that the Supreme Court is on hold while the impeachment trial is under way?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

HankB

• friend
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2020, 10:06:40 AM »
He wouldn't even read Rand Paul's question.  Several attorney's who claim knowledge of how impeachments are run, say that Roberts is out of order by not reading the question and doesn't have the authority to decide not to.
And his penalty will be . . . ?        :rofl:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

brimic

• friends
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2020, 10:42:23 AM »
Roberts was a Bush appointee, what would you expect?
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2020, 03:43:42 PM »
https://www.dailywire.com/news/breaking-chief-justice-roberts-censors-questions-from-rand-paul-paul-releases-it/

Paul then tweeted out the question that Roberts censored: “My exact question was: Are you aware that House intelligence committee staffer Shawn Misko had a close relationship with Eric Ciaramella while at the National Security Council together and are you aware and how do you respond to reports that Ciaramella and Misko may have worked together to plot impeaching the President before there were formal house impeachment proceedings.”

Paul continued, “My question is not about a ‘whistleblower’ as I have no independent information on his identity. My question is about the actions of known Obama partisans within the NSC and House staff and how they are reported to have conspired before impeachment proceedings had even begun.”

This article also says a lot of people did not agree with Robert's refusal to ask the question. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge