Author Topic: Idaho faces the Southern California tidal wave  (Read 504 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Idaho faces the Southern California tidal wave
« on: January 22, 2020, 10:51:01 AM »
https://www.wsj.com/articles/as-west-coast-transplants-pour-in-a-small-idaho-town-has-a-big-dilemma-11579611600?mod=itp_wsj&ru=yahoo

They are bringing Southern California to Idaho.  Time for Ben to start saying 'I'm here, now get off my lawn'.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Re: Idaho faces the Southern California tidal wave
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2020, 10:54:08 AM »
I guess this is how the Native Americans felt.   :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
« Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 11:14:11 AM by charby »
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Idaho faces the Southern California tidal wave
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2020, 11:00:32 AM »
https://www.wsj.com/articles/as-west-coast-transplants-pour-in-a-small-idaho-town-has-a-big-dilemma-11579611600?mod=itp_wsj&ru=yahoo

They are bringing Southern California to Idaho.  Time for Ben to start saying 'I'm here, now get off my lawn'.

I started saying that two minutes after I crossed the border.  =D

I saw that article yesterday and really wanted to read it, but the WSJ online is too expensive. I might buy that single issue on Kindle. Star is a really cool place, previously kind of a cowboy town. I stayed at a VRBO there a couple of years ago when I was still property hunting. That house and all the others in that area were 5-10 acres and going for an average of like $800K.

It started out as "the poor rich folks Eagle" for those who couldn't afford hoity toity Eagle. Basically wealthier folks who want a luxurious home as well as some land for their purebred horses and 2-4 head of specialty breed cattle. Now people are looking next door to Star in Middleton, which was also a sleepy little town, and it's starting all over again.

Makes me glad I ended up on the redneck side of the valley. Growth here is super slow because we're both away from Boise metro, and also the hipster mountain scene above Boise. Even homes in Garden Valley and Crouch are getting ridiculously priced.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."