Author Topic: Yep, that will work out well ...  (Read 1184 times)

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
Yep, that will work out well ...
« on: January 23, 2020, 12:28:07 PM »
San Francisco's new district attorney ends all cash bail for criminal cases:

https://www.sfgate.com/news/crime/article/San-Francisco-ends-cash-bail-for-all-criminal-14998371.php

District Attroney Chesa Boudin, who took office two weeks ago, said Wednesday prosecutors will use a “risk-based system” and weigh whether a defendant might flee or pose a threat to public safety.

Curious about how this "risk-based system" works.

“Mr. Boudin is in the process of building the largest criminal justice revolving door imaginable, and San Franciscans will pay a heavy price for it,” said Tony Montoya, president of the San Francisco Police Officers Association. “Relying solely on an arbitrary math equation regarding who remains in custody and who gets out early will endanger residents and police officers but it sure will make career criminals and gang members happy.”

Math equations are not arbitrary, but that's a minor point.   If you think San Francisco has a crime problem now, just wait.

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Yep, that will work out well ...
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2020, 01:04:45 PM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2020, 01:13:31 PM »
"Curious about how this "risk-based system" works."

Crap in the middle of the street, shoot up in front of a bus load of kintergarten students, assault and rob a nun? You're gold. Go forth on the promise you won't be a naughty boy again. In fact, we won't even bother picking you up for that.

Commit a rape, a murder, etc.? Well, you're still golden, but we might hold you for a few days. But, no matter how long we hold you, we still won't give you up to ICE, those fascist, Commie goat goat ropers...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2020, 01:35:09 PM »
"Curious about how this "risk-based system" works."

Crap in the middle of the street, shoot up in front of a bus load of kintergarten students, assault and rob a nun? You're gold. Go forth on the promise you won't be a naughty boy again. In fact, we won't even bother picking you up for that.

Commit a rape, a murder, etc.? Well, you're still golden, but we might hold you for a few days. But, no matter how long we hold you, we still won't give you up to ICE, those fascist, Commie goat goat ropers...

But say there are only two genders...................
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2020, 02:04:00 PM »

well, obviously they have to concentrate on punishing crimes that matter...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2020, 02:40:42 PM »

... or wear a MAGA hat ...
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2020, 02:43:21 PM »
... or wear a MAGA hat ...

AND.... San Francisco has just readopted the death penalty!  [ar15]

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2020, 10:24:37 PM »

Math equations are not arbitrary, but that's a minor point.   If you think San Francisco has a crime problem now, just wait.

They are if they involve scores based on arbitrary social points. We're talking about a system for deciding who gets released on un-bail. As a former math geek, I can't think of any way that can be reduced to a properly mathematical equation that's not derived from subjective criteria and assessments.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design