Author Topic: ParkMobile App  (Read 493 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
ParkMobile App
« on: January 23, 2020, 04:05:57 PM »
Any of you ever use the Parkmobile app for your phone? It lets you pay for metered, lot, and other parking via your phone. I don't know where all it works, but it works in like 90% of the Boise city and private parking areas, and I gave it a go for the first time today because I was out of quarters.

It's pretty sweet. You set the app up with your CC and the license numbers of the vehicles you want covered. Then you just barcode scan or put in the ID number of your parking meter or the parking lot, select your time, and done. The app does a countdown, and it lets you remotely add time to the meter like for if you run into friends or whatever so you don't have to run five blocks to add a couple of quarters.

I found it to be the bomb, because I always end up paying at the kiosk for way longer than I end up parking as I'm always afraid I'll get held up and then get a ticket. Now I'm just going to pay for more realistic times and just use the "add 15min" feature if I start running out. It also does a "find my car" thing, which embarrassingly, I would have liked to use on more than one occasion in big lots, like airports when I get back days later and forgot where I parked.  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Re: ParkMobile App
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2020, 05:07:23 PM »
I haven't tried it yet.  The City of Portsmouth, NH uses that app, so I may as well get it.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

dogmush

• friend
Re: ParkMobile App
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2020, 05:34:23 AM »
Yeah, I've used it in Tampa/St. Pete.  Pretty handy.  You can also check available spots in a lot you want, or "find open spot near you/near a location" which saves circling for on street parking.