Author Topic: Well this is a special claim....  (Read 869 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Well this is a special claim....
« on: January 24, 2020, 02:09:51 PM »
White Supremacists were supposedly planning on killing anti-gun protestors in an attempt to spark a new Civil War.

https://news.yahoo.com/white-nationalists-arrested-ahead-richmond-190456230.html

Sleeper agents?

Damn, now maybe I'm becoming paranoid...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Well this is a special claim....
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2020, 02:38:59 PM »
I'm too lazy to look for it now, but there was a whole big NYT article yesterday (opinion piece I think) by one of their editors on "white men and their guns" and the "all white" rally. He rightly brought up the whole historical "laws keeping blacks from owning guns" thing, but never mentioned who helped put the kibosh on that. Everything else he wrote was pretty interesting hate fantasy.

They are really going for the whole "white men / white supremacists are the only people who have or want guns" thing.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2020, 02:41:42 PM »
My personal guess is that "The Base" is at it's root a Russian operation hoping to stir up more FUD and tension in America. It's like buying a lottery ticket. Low cost to implement, low probability it'll work, but if by some slim chance it should, the payoff is huge.

Just like how they did actually attempt to manipulate the 2016 election. They had no hope of actually swaying the outcome, IMO they were as surprised by Trump as Hillary was... but in a meta-sense the manipulation itself was the goal. They're not going after any specific outcome other than to undermine American civil society.

Of course this segment of the Russian FSB or whoever they report to, they're subject to their own operational biases. Anybody could just tell them that if they really wanted to harm America, they could just pull in the same direction as the MSM and root for the Left here. And of course they'd go unnoticed too.
I promise not to duck.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2020, 03:02:23 PM »
My personal guess is that "The Base" is at it's root a Russian operation hoping to stir up more FUD and tension in America.

Hmmm ...

https://news.yahoo.com/leader-us-nazi-group-traced-181744908.html

The founder of a US-based militant neo-Nazi group runs its operations from Russia, according to reports on Friday.

The FBI describes The Base as a “racially motivated violent extremist group” that “seeks to accelerate the downfall of the United States government” in court filings. 

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2020, 03:21:17 PM »
White Supremacists were supposedly planning on killing anti-gun protestors in an attempt to spark a new Civil War.

https://news.yahoo.com/white-nationalists-arrested-ahead-richmond-190456230.html

Sleeper agents?

Damn, now maybe I'm becoming paranoid...

Just to be clear, they planned to kill "gun rights" people, not anti-gunners according to the article.  

I am glad it was stopped but they wouldn't have lasted long in that crowd.  
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2020, 05:08:20 PM »
Just to be clear, they planned to kill "gun rights" people, not anti-gunners according to the article.  

I am glad it was stopped but they wouldn't have lasted long in that crowd.  

That's what was reported a couple of days ago. And, yeah, they would have gone down hard, but Ralph Northam would have been hailed as a sage.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife