Author Topic: Nancy Pelosi  (Read 5488 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Nancy Pelosi
« on: February 04, 2020, 11:18:19 PM »
I have to say that Nancy Pelosi is a class act.

Low class ... gutter class all the way. At the end of Trump's State of the Union address, Pelosi openly ripped her copy of the manuscript to shreds, in full view of the cameras. And then she had the effrontery to proclaim that “It was the courteous thing to do.”

https://wtmj.com/national/2020/02/04/the-latest-pelosi-rips-up-speech-as-trump-finishes-address/
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 11:07:15 AM by Hawkmoon »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Nancy Pelosi
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2020, 11:33:37 PM »
Same thing she and the dems have been doing to the constitution for quite awhile now.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2020, 11:58:12 PM »
I had the SOTU address on but didn't watch 95%  of it.  I did record it.   Perhaps I'll f.f.  to that point if I feel a need for one more reason to despise Nutso Nancy. :mad:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2020, 12:53:30 AM »
Pelosi's stunt was of a peice with the Democrats' behavior throughout. The Republicans are cheering all the great news for Americans (of all backgrounds). The Democrats either don't care or flat-out don't like it.

(Speaking in generalities, of course. Even Pelosi clapped a few times.)
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2020, 03:21:17 AM »
Knowing President Trump, he'll frame the shreds of Ms,. Pelosi's copy and hang them in an obvious place in the oval office.

If those shreds ever go to auction, I'll bid 2 large to start.

"HimbilabaHimbilabaHimbilaba I have two thousand HimbilabaHimbilaba who will go twenty five hundred HimbilabaHimbilabaHimbilaba Ok, thank you Ma'am, now who will go three for this immortal piece of Americana which hung behind President Trump's desk for four and a half years Himbilaba HimbilabaHimbilaba...""

"...going twice HimbilabaHimbilabaHimbilaba <bangs gavel> SOLD to the gentleman in the front row with the MAGA hat and carrying a forty five..."

:rofl:

Terry

« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 05:26:31 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2020, 07:26:29 AM »
As I watched the State of the Union last night I couldn't help but think that I've not seen that many Democrats in white since the heyday of the Ku Klux Klan.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2020, 08:13:42 AM »
Wow. That was one of the most petulant displays I've ever seen. I can't decide if it was the 10 year old rich girl whose parents wouldn't buy her the pony first childishly crying for attention with the paper shuffling, then, when the adults continued to ignore her, ripping them up. Or the spoiled child looking for attention and looking to embarrass her parents by picking her nose in front of everyone at the party.

Alternate explanation: My mom had the mean dementia before her death, and she would often do things like, if the family was watching TV, find some way to stand between us and the TV and "pretend clean" something. Not for attention really, but just to be mean. While irritated, we never blamed her for it since we knew she was ill. Maybe that's the road to take with Pelosi. Perhaps her family and friends should convince her to retire and take care of herself.

Anyway, another big win for Trump. The only people supporting her are the college SJWs, celebrities, and "unbiased" MSM news anchors. There's no way that the average Democrat family of four in Kansas is applauding that. It's what the parents spend a good deal of their time teaching their kids not to do.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2020, 08:29:50 AM »
The Democrats have flat out lost their minds.

Pelosi, Schiff, Nadler, Biden, Bernie, the squad etc.

How do these nutjobs become your leaders?
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2020, 08:35:23 AM »
You want a Democrat losing his mind?

This is an e-mail I got from Mark Warner yesterday evening...

By now, I'm sure you've seen the chaos following the Iowa caucuses last night. One of my chief concerns in the Senate has been securing the integrity of our elections and preserving our democracy. Unfortunately, Republicans in the Senate have blocked all of my election security bills.

I promise to continue fighting for election security in the Senate — but I need your help to keep my seat in November.

While the Department of Homeland Security indicated that failures in the app used in last night's caucuses were not the result of malicious cyber activity, the continuing turmoil in Iowa illustrates a larger problem — we have yet to take the necessary steps to ensure the integrity of our elections.

It's time to take a hard look at the election systems we have in place and make sure they're up to par, from registration systems to election night reporting. We need to elect a Senate that takes the integrity of our elections seriously.

The chaos in Iowa created an environment where misinformation is allowed to run rampant online, which further undermines our democratic process. This is an early warning sign that Congress, local officials, and social media companies have more work to do.

Essentially, he's saying that it's the Republican's fault, and that the Democrats, who created the mess in Iowa, are the ones to secure our elections. This is the most optic blind e-mail I have ever seen. This guy was an OK governor for Virginia gunowners, but since he's gone to Washington he's turned into a complete idiot.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2020, 08:37:57 AM »
Tangent to Pelosi but part of the SOTU antics:

Parkland dad makes a scene at the SOTU.

Guttenberg was one of Pelosi's guests for the State of the Union. She seemed to make "calm down" gestures with her hands while saying something to herself as she peered up into the gallery after the moment.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/parkland-father-removed-from-house-gallery-for-interrupting-trumps-speech

An MSNBC news ANCHOR. Not opinion editor or even Acosta-like "reporter", but their news anchor:

"The enemy is the guy in the Oval Office who thinks there were good people on both sides in Charlottesville," Wallace said. "The enemy is the guy in the Oval Office who just got a permission slip to cheat in presidential elections. The enemy is a guy who calls his generals 'dopes and losers,' who he didn't want to go into battle with. That is the enemy."

She continued, "I am nauseous when I see Democrats fight amongst themselves."

The MSNBC host repeated her vow to vote for any Democrat who is nominated in the general election, even if it's an "automobile."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/msnbc-nicolle-wallace-trump-the-enemy
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2020, 08:40:03 AM »

While the Department of Homeland Security indicated that failures in the app used in last night's caucuses were not the result of malicious cyber activity, the continuing turmoil in Iowa illustrates a larger problem — we have yet to take the necessary steps to ensure the integrity of our elections.

I saw on the teevee yesterday that the DHS head said they had offered to check the integrity of the program, but Shadow and the DNC refused.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2020, 08:56:42 AM »
According to the AP it was just a campaign speech and Trump didn't mention the "i" word so so what?

https://www.wdrb.com/news/national/trump-uses-state-of-union-to-campaign-pelosi-rips-up/article_03b0626f-92c2-5940-acf0-8d4ca85eee73.html
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2020, 08:59:59 AM »
and Trump didn't mention the "i" word so so what?
At first I thought you were saying he didn't refer to himself once, and I was about to be impressed.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2020, 09:27:55 AM »
Showboating has been all this is about for a while.
"You lie!" remember?

Don't pretend that the DNC has the market cornered on petulance.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2020, 09:33:51 AM »
"You lie!" remember?

I think there's a difference between members seated in the gallery (from either side) who the camera catches making faces, or even a behind the camera shout, and what Nancy Pelosi, Speaker of the House, was doing on camera, directly behind the President, for the entire SOTU. And while this is her most egregious show, it's not her first one.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2020, 10:24:20 AM »
"You lie!" remember?

The R   who said that (A.)  apologized for doing it and (B.) was proven correct.   Additionally, the "you lie!" remark was impulse.
Do you think Pelosi's acts, and tearing up the speech, were  impulsive? 

So far as the SOTU speech being "showboating"   ......   ain't TV  wonderful?  >:D   I suspect there was less showboating before TV coverage,  but, hey, "cynical me."   [popcorn]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2020, 10:25:07 AM »
I think what Pelosi did was pretty low and she deserves scorn for it.
I also think there's a lot of hypocrisy about this from people who would applaud the same behavior from someone else.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2020, 11:01:39 AM »
I think what Pelosi did was pretty low and she deserves scorn for it.
I also think there's a lot of hypocrisy about this from people who would applaud the same behavior from someone else.

I guess you could say she was playing to the Democrat base. That's what a lot of inflammatory stuff on the right is all about, playing to the base.

The problem is that the left is already on thin ice with the moderates and centrists while Trump is slowly winning the center over.

If the Dems played nice last night they would have come out looking better IMHO.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2020, 11:06:06 AM »
"The enemy is the guy in the Oval Office who thinks there were good people on both sides in Charlottesville," Wallace said. "The enemy is the guy in the Oval Office who just got a permission slip to cheat in presidential elections. The enemy is a guy who calls his generals 'dopes and losers,' who he didn't want to go into battle with. That is the enemy."

She continued, "I am nauseous when I see Democrats fight amongst themselves."

The MSNBC host repeated her vow to vote for any Democrat who is nominated in the general election, even if it's an "automobile."

Unfortunately for her, she's probably entirely correct: https://www.dictionary.com/e/nauseated-vs-nauseous/

She IS nauseous. The fact that she described herself perfectly when intending to use the word "nauseated" is ironic in the extreme.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2020, 11:07:28 AM »

If the Dems played nice last night they would have come out looking better IMHO.

Yup. Had she stoically sat there glaring daggers, or even made frowns or whatnot, it would have been a subtle or not so subtle rebuke of what Trump was saying, and she would likely have come off better to those dem centrists. The "paper tantrum" definitely lost the dems some of their center, guaranteed.

Pretty much all you need to know is that the mean girls of "the squad" are 100% approving of and cheering what she did.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2020, 11:09:52 AM »
We live in awesome times.
We have Trollolol as President and the Dems can't stop themselves from melting down.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

HankB

• friend
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2020, 11:28:31 AM »
Well, there's this . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2020, 11:38:42 AM »
John Fund over on Fox News hit it on the head which his piece. Essentially he says that Pelosi's ripping the speech in half is the admission of a petulant child who knows that she has lost, and lost big time.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/pelosis-sotu-tantrum-was-also-an-acknowledgment-of-defeat-john-fund

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2020, 11:43:26 AM »
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2020/02/05/the-official-white-house-response-to-pelosi-ripping-up-the-sotu-speech-is-hot-fire/

Quote from: The White House
Speaker Pelosi just ripped up:

One of our last surviving Tuskegee Airmen.

The survival of a child born at 21 weeks.

The mourning families of Rocky Jones and Kayla Mueller.

A service member's reunion with his family.

That's her legacy.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Chester32141

• friend
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2020, 12:30:18 PM »
I wonder if the invitees get a signed copy of the speech … I'm sure many would have liked to have a first or second copy signed by the president.
 :cool:
"The best argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter...... "

Photos
CBs Hawg Sauce