Author Topic: Nancy Pelosi  (Read 5479 times)

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: Nancy Pelosi
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2020, 01:38:36 PM »
The copy of the speech given to the Speaker by the President is supposed to be the official copy later given over to the National Archives.  I doubt there will be any repercussions for her spoiled little girl tantrum.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2020, 01:40:42 PM »
The copy of the speech given to the Speaker by the President is supposed to be the official copy later given over to the National Archives.  

I did not know that. Very interesting (maybe) from the legal/procedural perspective.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2020, 02:31:18 PM »
SHOCKER! It looks like Nancy Pelosi’s SOTU speech-ripping wasn’t all that ‘spontaneous’ after all
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2020/02/05/shocker-it-looks-like-nancy-pelosis-sotu-speech-ripping-wasnt-all-that-spontaneous-after-all/

Here's Pelosi testing to see if she could rip the speech before the speech even started. She was planning to do it from the start.
https://twitter.com/TheBrandonMorse/status/1225117146268798976
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2020, 02:34:03 PM »
If I was Trump I would have turned to her and said
You just gained me a million votes by doing that, thank you.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2020, 05:08:48 PM »
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2020, 08:29:32 PM »
Trump should've saved on of those fancy commemorative pens for her,  since she seems so into them.  Might have kept her entertained coloring,  the same way we give little kids crayons at a restaurant.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2020, 08:49:48 PM »
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2020, 11:13:46 PM »
As I watched the State of the Union last night I couldn't help but think that I've not seen that many Democrats in white since the heyday of the Ku Klux Klan.

I quipped to my wife that white is the traditional paramilitary uniform of the democratic party.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2020, 11:23:26 PM »
The copy of the speech given to the Speaker by the President is supposed to be the official copy later given over to the National Archives.  I doubt there will be any repercussions for her spoiled little girl tantrum.

A Congress with any sense would censure her promptly if even only to save the DNC a black eye by association.

bedlamite

• friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2020, 11:49:37 PM »
A Congress with any sense would censure her promptly if even only to save the DNC a black eye by association.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/05/politics/house-gop-pelosi-sotu-speech/

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2020, 02:44:24 AM »
Ummmmm.... wasn't her excuse something about it being spontaneous, a spur of the moment anger thing?

Ummmmmmmm.... I want her to stay away from any red buttons.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 02:57:15 AM by 230RN »

Silver Bullet

• friend
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2020, 09:50:20 AM »
As I watched the State of the Union last night I couldn't help but think that I've not seen that many Democrats in white since the heyday of the Ku Klux Klan.

Perfect observation.  Most folks don't know that the KKK were democrats.  This from Wikipedia:

the first Klan flourished in the Southern United States in the late 1860s during Reconstruction, then died out by the early 1870s. It sought to overthrow the Republican state governments in the South

Silver Bullet

• friend
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2020, 09:52:05 AM »
Too bad it wasn't know ahead of time what li'l Nancy was planning, the message could have been printed on paper that couldn't be torn.  Watching her struggle to tear it would have been worth the price of admission.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2020, 10:02:58 AM »
You wouldn't believe some of the heat that I'm taking from some of my facebook "friends" for that observation...

Good.... good....
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2020, 10:15:17 AM »
Trump was a 4 year old brat for not shaking her hand, she was the same 4 year old brat for tearing the speech up. I'm tired of adult children.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2020, 10:30:23 AM »
Trump was a 4 year old brat for not shaking her hand, she was the same 4 year old brat for tearing the speech up. I'm tired of adult children.

We've been REPEATEDLY told that Trump is immature, unfit for office, a lout, and a scoundrel. And, as a result, we need to get the "mature" politicians to do the job the right way.

And... instead we get proof that for all they claim about Trump, Washington is worse.

I'm glad Trump is insulting and belittling them. These "elitists" have proven themselves to be incompetent buffoons, yet fully convinced of their own superiority. They need to be humiliated. Not just beaten.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2020, 10:31:41 AM »

I disagree.
Pelosi has spent the last year and a half insulting, denigrating, and accusing Trump of being a traitor and a danger to the US. she disrespected the office of the president with her introduction at the SOTU address.  Her behavior fully warranted the minor snub.
The "Being the bigger person" approach by the right has done nothing  but embolden the left and encourage their behavior.
Sometimes the virtual bitchslap is the right move.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2020, 10:33:40 AM »
Trump knows that in wrestling a pig you're going to get muddy
- Calvin and Hobbes

bedlamite

• friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2020, 10:34:13 AM »
I disagree.
Pelosi has spent the last year and a half insulting, denigrating, and accusing Trump of being a traitor and a danger to the US. she disrespected the office of the president with her introduction at the SOTU address.  Her behavior fully warranted the minor snub.
The "Being the bigger person" approach by the right has done nothing  but embolden the left and encourage their behavior.

^This.

bedlamite

• friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2020, 10:40:26 AM »
I disagree.

I concur

Many Democrats and Republicans in positions of power have been engaged in treasonous activities trying oust the President. This isn't just a difference in policy.

Pelosi is a poisonous snake, you shouldn't touch poisonous snakes.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2020, 10:41:03 AM »
Trump has certainly had his share of moments being low class, a brat, a scoundrel, a lout, immature, petulant, insulting and denigrating.
Many of them.
However comparing these two incidents, the handshake snub & tearing up the speech - they aren't really on the same level.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2020, 10:46:08 AM »
Trump knows that in wrestling a pig you're going to get muddy

Part of the overall problem is that Trump seems to enjoy wresting the pigs and getting dirty.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2020, 10:50:42 AM »
Part of the overall problem is that Trump seems to enjoy wresting the pigs and getting dirty.

Actually that's his strength IMHO. The left doesn't know how to react when someone is willing to get some mud on his suit. unlike 99% of the right, in fighting them and it shows. Most on the right panic at the mere thought of getting their white gloves dirty.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2020, 11:04:54 AM »
Trump has certainly had his share of moments being low class, a brat, a scoundrel, a lout, immature, petulant, insulting and denigrating.
Many of them.
However comparing these two incidents, the handshake snub & tearing up the speech - they aren't really on the same level.

Agreed.

Also, something to consider is that Pelosi apparently broke protocol and and gave Trump a snide introduction, which might make one not want to shake hands with her. Also there is a good case for him not seeing her reach for a handshake as he was turning away at the time. Some say Pelosi stuck her hand out late on purpose, which might be a little tinfoily except for the fact that she was practicing her paper tearing ahead of time. Given that, I wouldn't put a handshake stunt past her.

I still don't like a lot of Trump's tweets and getting into name calling contests, but what Pelosi did during the SOTU (not justthe ripping the speech, but the childish on camera paper shuffling) is just 10x that. There's a big difference between stupid Twitter and live, on camera, official events.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."