Author Topic: Nancy Pelosi  (Read 5446 times)

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Re: Nancy Pelosi
« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2020, 11:07:03 AM »
I disagree.
Pelosi has spent the last year and a half insulting, denigrating, and accusing Trump of being a traitor and a danger to the US. she disrespected the office of the president with her introduction at the SOTU address.  Her behavior fully warranted the minor snub.
The "Being the bigger person" approach by the right has done nothing  but embolden the left and encourage their behavior.
Sometimes the virtual bitchslap is the right move.

Trump has done exactly the same thing. Both are as a human are pieces of excrement. I don't like to decide for God, but I know I won't be shocked if I make it to heaven and neither one of them are there.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2020, 12:59:30 PM »
Pelosi's post SOTU response:

Speaker Nancy Pelosi: "A serious breach to start shouting 'four more years' on the floor of the House. Totally inappropriate."
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2020, 05:38:20 PM »
You knew this was coming

BREAKING: House Speaker Pelosi in morning press conference said Democrats will investigate other cases against the president "that we see as an opportunity" for impeachment
11:40 AM · Feb 6, 2020·Twitter Web App
https://twitter.com/paulsperry_/status/1225459205173325824?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2020, 07:07:22 PM »
"An opportunity." They're not even trying to hide it.

Two years ago Never Trump told us to give Democrats the House. I guess this year they'll tell us to surrender the Senate.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2020, 07:37:10 PM »
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2020, 07:45:03 PM »
RoadKingLarry spake thusly:

The "Being the bigger person" approach by the right has done nothing but embolden the left and encourage their behavior.

Sometimes the virtual bitchslap is the right move.

RoadKingLarry spake truly.

It's sort of like resisting bullies, isn't it?

Terry

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2020, 08:05:08 PM »
If some of you would bother to look back at the video, you will see that Trump also did not shake hands with V.P. Pence.  I guess Trump deliberately snubbed him, too.   :mad:

Good grief, folks.  Trump is somewhat misophobic from what I've read, and often does not shake hands with people.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #57 on: February 06, 2020, 10:57:09 PM »
If some of you would bother to look back at the video, you will see that Trump also did not shake hands with V.P. Pence.  I guess Trump deliberately snubbed him, too.   :mad:

Good grief, folks.  Trump is somewhat misophobic from what I've read, and often does not shake hands with people.

I noticed that. But, of course, Pence didn't wait until Trump was already turning away from him and then hold out his hand so he could pretend to be snubbed.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #58 on: February 07, 2020, 09:33:11 AM »
Regardless of all the bad stuff people try to point out about Trump, one common theme over the last 3 years is that most politicians in D.C. are worse.  They try to hide it behind a veneer of fake civility where Trump doesn't bother. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #59 on: February 07, 2020, 09:41:45 AM »
Regardless of all the bad stuff people try to point out about Trump, one common theme over the last 3 years is that most politicians in D.C. are worse.  They try to hide it behind a veneer of fake civility where Trump doesn't bother. 

That, and I think some of the questionable activity that this administration has done...they aren't adept at the art of the cover up, nor do they have the media on their side to assist in burying negative news.
Think about the things we know the Obama administration did, including opening investigations into the Trump campaign.  Literally the exact same thing that Trump was accused of doing with Ukraine. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2020, 01:25:34 AM »
That, and I think some of the questionable activity that this administration has done...they aren't adept at the art of the cover up, nor do they have the media on their side to assist in burying negative news.
Think about the things we know the Obama administration did, including opening investigations into the Trump campaign.  Literally the exact same thing that Trump was accused of doing with Ukraine. 

It's the same Democrat v Republican double standard, just magnified because Trump.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #61 on: February 08, 2020, 11:38:46 AM »
Think about the things we know the Obama administration did, including opening investigations into the Trump campaign.  Literally the exact same thing that Trump was accused of doing with Ukraine.  
I believe we had an entire thread dedicated to Obama Admin scandals and the count was higher than most would think.  The double standard has been around for a while.  If we were still stuck in the 80's with no alternative media, we might not know it.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2020, 02:17:25 PM »
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #63 on: February 10, 2020, 08:31:43 AM »
I'm finding it interesting in my attempt to read various news sources, that there seems to be a trend on the left to now turn the Pelosi Paper Tantrum into "fake news".
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2020, 09:28:07 AM »
Of course they're trying to turn it into fake news. If they're successful, it's just another lie promulgated by Orangeman and his sycophants.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #65 on: February 10, 2020, 10:20:59 AM »
Somebody tore some papers big deal.

Snopes will call it mostly false because nobody can prove it was actually the speech document handed to her.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #66 on: February 10, 2020, 10:42:36 AM »

Snopes will call it mostly false because nobody can prove it was actually the speech document handed to her.

All truths are true, but some truths are more true than others
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #67 on: February 10, 2020, 10:48:29 AM »

That is actually one of the things I read - that she was tearing papers other than the speech and conservatives are lying by saying it was her speech copy. Which of course is somewhat entertaining considering what she and progressives were saying right after she did it.

I'm thinking that the Trump campaign ad featuring her tantrum is what has them spinning into "never happened" territory.

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #68 on: February 15, 2020, 04:42:13 AM »

I just don't want somebody like that anywhere near the launch codes.