Author Topic: I Really Hate Journalists  (Read 1691 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
I Really Hate Journalists
« on: June 05, 2020, 04:18:41 PM »
First they scream that I'm killing grandma if I leave my house. Then they decide that there's no harm in getting together in a group of 1000 as long as it's to loot and riot. Then they complain that Trump is trying to kill them because of chair spacing at the White House.

I hate 90% of all journalists.

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2020/06/05/wh-correspondents-assn-issues-strongly-worded-condemnation-of-trump-event-where-placement-of-chairs-put-reporters-at-risk/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: I Really Hate Journalists
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2020, 04:33:12 PM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2020, 05:35:58 PM »
If we actually had any journalists I'd likely probably hate them too but all we have now are partisan hacks that I lovingly refer to as urinalists. I hate them as well.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2020, 09:39:09 PM »
First they scream that I'm killing grandma if I leave my house. Then they decide that there's no harm in getting together in a group of 1000 as long as it's to loot and riot. Then they complain that Trump is trying to kill them because of chair spacing at the White House.

I hate 90% of all journalists.

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2020/06/05/wh-correspondents-assn-issues-strongly-worded-condemnation-of-trump-event-where-placement-of-chairs-put-reporters-at-risk/

You misspelled propagandists.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2020, 10:04:53 PM »
What is a journalist?
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2020, 10:13:19 PM »
I thought the original way it was done was if you are distancing yourself, you don't need to wear the mask.  But if you have to be closer, then you wear the mask and whatever else.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2020, 10:30:13 PM »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2020, 07:43:28 PM »
Protesting racism anti-white race riots cure Chinese virus.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2020, 08:15:49 AM »
For the most part the media are engaged in treason against the United States along with the career Democrats and neocon Republicans in the permanent government.

The deep state, the swamp, what do you call the better than half of the government bureaucracy that is consumed with loathing of Heritage America, wanting to destroy what little is left of the foundations of the Republic?

Most of them think they are right and that they are on the side of America.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2020, 01:30:26 PM »
What is a journalist?

An extinct species.

I recently sent off another e-mail to two of the senior people at what remains of the local newspaper around here. They ran a story on their web site to cover an event at which clergy of all the churches in an area town got together and had a lie-in to demonstrate their support for the fight against police brutality. Throughout the article the author used the word "lay" (in its various tenses) where he or she quite obviously intended to use the word "lie."

I think I sent off my e-mail two, possibly three, days ago. I haven't had any response yet from either of the two addressees. I don't expect them to reply -- I have written them before about similar such errors in their rag (and e-rag). They obviously don't care. Forty years ago a good friend was an investigative editor for that newspaper. Back then, they had editors, people who checked articles before they went to press to try to catch egregious errors. The current version of the newspaper is a shadow of its former self. I don't think there is any such thing as a copy editor any more. I'm pretty certain that most of the reporters never go to the office -- they work from home in their assigned town write their stories on a personal computer, submit them on-line and the stories go directly to print and the web site without ever being checked by anyone.

And they get very defensive when people like me point out the flaws in this arrangement.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2020, 02:10:57 PM »
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2020, 06:39:56 PM »
or communists...

https://youtu.be/0fx1BYwCwCI

One is their ideology, the other is their occupation.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2020, 06:56:05 PM »
They consider both a complement
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes