Author Topic: Build the Wall Go-Fund-Me.  (Read 3678 times)

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Re: Build the Wall Go-Fund-Me.
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2018, 06:54:45 AM »
So can he even legally donate this money to the government?
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2018, 10:58:16 AM »
$17million, 288k contributors.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2018, 08:37:06 PM »
$17million, 288k contributors.

Enough to make a good start if they use Mexicans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2020, 12:16:06 PM »
I'm guessing this means they aren't going to build the wall.
Prosecutors alleged that Bannon and Kolfage along with two others — Andrew Badolato and Timothy Shea — routed payments from the crowdfunding campaign through the nonprofit and another shell company and disguised them with fake invoices to help keep their personal pay secret. All four were arrested Thursday and are expected to make court appearances later in the day; Bannon, a law enforcement official said, was taken into custody while aboard someone else’s 150-foot yacht off the coast of Westbrook, Conn. They are charged with conspiracy to commit wire fraud and money laundering.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2020, 12:27:44 PM »
Oh, I see walls in their future. And bars. Okay Justice dept, now do Clinton foundation.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2020, 01:07:51 PM »
Oh, I see walls in their future. And bars. Okay Justice dept, now do Clinton foundation.
Not just that one.  There are probably hundreds if not thousands of charitable foundations that rich people hide their money in.  I bet a healthy percentage have something similar going on.  I am sure the laws/regulations have plenty of loopholes allowing some of it.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2020, 01:42:53 PM »

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2020, 02:14:54 PM »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2020/08/20/postal-service-police-bannon/

You apparently do not want to mess with the Post Office.

This is why I prefer to pay for firearms purchased over the Internet using USPS money orders.

That said, how the heck did the postal inspectors and the Coast Guard know that Bannon was on a yacht, and exactly where to find the aforementioned yacht in Long Island Sound? Long Island Sound isn't exactly the Pacific Ocean, but it's not exactly a goldfish pond, either.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2020, 02:47:04 PM »
This is why I prefer to pay for firearms purchased over the Internet using USPS money orders.

That said, how the heck did the postal inspectors and the Coast Guard know that Bannon was on a yacht, and exactly where to find the aforementioned yacht in Long Island Sound? Long Island Sound isn't exactly the Pacific Ocean, but it's not exactly a goldfish pond, either.

Depending on the "yacht" it may very well have an AIS system on board.  If not, even small boats these days have an MMSI programmed into their VHF Digital Selective Calling radios that will transmit location info when queried.

Even a small "yacht" is likely to have Global Maritime Distress Safety System (GMDSS) gear and SATCOMS aboard, almost all of which have their own GPS chips (or feed from the vessels's GPS) and transmit location information.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2020, 04:23:51 PM »
Depending on the "yacht" it may very well have an AIS system on board.  If not, even small boats these days have an MMSI programmed into their VHF Digital Selective Calling radios that will transmit location info when queried.

Even a small "yacht" is likely to have Global Maritime Distress Safety System (GMDSS) gear and SATCOMS aboard, almost all of which have their own GPS chips (or feed from the vessels's GPS) and transmit location information.
Note to self: if I ever get a yacht, be sure there's a hidden "off" switch for the spyware systems.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2020, 06:06:00 PM »

Dang.

My ex-wife and I sold our sailboat 35 years ago. I guess we just missed the technology wave -- we navigated with paper charts, paper tide tables, and a [magnetic] marine compass. I also had a sextant, but we never cruised offshore so I didn't get very proficient with it.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2020, 08:59:48 PM »
When you forgot to check timestamps on what you reply to.  :lol: