Author Topic: Transgendered athletes -- maybe the worm is turning?  (Read 6525 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Transgendered athletes -- maybe the worm is turning?
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2020, 11:57:34 AM »
My take is that Title IX will be revamped to include scope of more than one gender.

The easiest out, when considering whom to destroy, is the taxpayer.  Just create an entire new tier of high school and collegiate sports for neither male nor female participants.  Track already trains and competes in a co-ed methodology, so adding more events to meets for the transexuals to run alone makes a meet take longer but otherwise gives everyone what they "want."  You have to create new locker rooms, and you have meets that run longer, resulting in longer away trips for bus transportation and so on, but it's the least disruptive solution.

The transexuals don't want to race against men.  The women don't want to race against men or transexuals.  The men don't give a *expletive deleted*it who they race against, they just want to see who is the fastest.

Of course, this doesn't resolve the issue with transexual males that actually think it's fair to race against women when they grew up and went though puberty as male.  The only solution there is to slam them over the head with a tempered steel clue bat with the kinesiology studies proving how *expletive deleted*ing stupid and uninformed they are.

The men would be all for that, too. Gives them a longer time to rest between the 3200M and the 1600M. Or the 100M and the 200M. Or the 800M and the 4x400M. Or....

Of course, when most meets might have ONE... person... in those extra races, it kind of seems pointless, huh?
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Re: Re: Transgendered athletes -- maybe the worm is turning?
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2020, 12:58:46 PM »
The men would be all for that, too. Gives them a longer time to rest between the 3200M and the 1600M. Or the 100M and the 200M. Or the 800M and the 4x400M. Or....

Of course, when most meets might have ONE... person... in those extra races, it kind of seems pointless, huh?
I mean, they're getting a participation trophy either way, so it's not like it matters 😂

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2020, 01:02:29 PM »
My state is currently considering a proposal to officially recognize "intersex" as a third sex/gender for official identification document purposes. Where it gets interesting is that the proposed change is specific that "intersex" means a person with mixed m/f genitalia or mixed m/f chromosomes.

BUT ... among the medical professionals whom they want to allow to certify to the mixed genderness of the person they include psychologists. And I don't think psychologists are qualified, by education or experience, to be rendering official, professional opinions on things such as genetics. So I think they're trying to sneak in a backdoor way for people with gender dysphoria to get themselves classified as "intersex."
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2020, 09:13:37 AM »
ZFG

I say let the insane women of our country get exactly what they want, good and hard.

I'm not the one sacrificing their children to their post modern ideology of insanity and delusion.

Why should I lift a finger when they start reaping what they have sown?

This is what being ruled by a government of feelz gets you.

I'm not going to put myself between the lunatics and "the gods of the copybook headings".

Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2020, 11:43:49 AM »
ZFG

I say let the insane women of our country get exactly what they want, good and hard.

I'm not the one sacrificing their children to their post modern ideology of insanity and delusion.

Why should I lift a finger when they start reaping what they have sown?

This is what being ruled by a government of feelz gets you.

I'm not going to put myself between the lunatics and "the gods of the copybook headings".

Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind.

I'm looking forwards to the day when every "women's" sports record is held by a man.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2020, 11:02:20 PM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/health-51676020?__twitter_impression=true
NHS gender clinic 'should have challenged me more' over transition

She was referred to the Tavistock GIDS clinic at the age of 16. She said after three one-hour-long appointments she was prescribed puberty blockers, which delay the development of signs of puberty, like periods or facial hair.

She felt there wasn't enough investigation or therapy before she reached that stage.

"I should have been challenged on the proposals or the claims that I was making for myself," she said. "And I think that would have made a big difference as well. If I was just challenged on the things I was saying."

Maybe the victims of this nonsense will be able to stop it. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2020, 03:19:14 PM »
 [popcorn] don't mind me, just sitting here enjoying the progressive trainwreck spectacle  [popcorn]
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2020, 03:35:39 PM »
Attorneys for Conn. High School Runners Ask Judge to Recuse after He Forbids Them from Describing Trans Athletes as ‘Male’
https://www.nationalreview.com/news/attorneys-for-connecticut-high-school-runners-ask-judge-to-recuse-after-he-forbids-them-from-describing-trans-athletes-as-male/amp/?taid=5eb931101e86350001b65250&utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Chatigny:

What I’m saying is you must refer to them as “transgender females” rather than as “males.” Again, that’s the more accurate terminology, and I think that it fully protects your client’s legitimate interests. Referring to these individuals as “transgender females” is consistent with science, common practice and perhaps human decency............
science...  ???
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2020, 03:47:33 PM »
Attorneys for Conn. High School Runners Ask Judge to Recuse after He Forbids Them from Describing Trans Athletes as ‘Male’
https://www.nationalreview.com/news/attorneys-for-connecticut-high-school-runners-ask-judge-to-recuse-after-he-forbids-them-from-describing-trans-athletes-as-male/amp/?taid=5eb931101e86350001b65250&utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true
science...  ???

Not surprising. The judiciary in Connecticut is comprised almost entirely of flaming liberals. The only thing surprising (to me, anyway) is that the judge actually claimed that gender fraud is supported by science.

What I’m saying is you must refer to them as “transgender females” rather than as “males.” Again, that’s the more accurate terminology, and I think that it fully protects your client’s legitimate interests. Referring to these individuals as “transgender females” is consistent with science, common practice and perhaps human decency.

Sorry, judge, but it isn't in any way consistent with science.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2020, 04:35:21 PM »
Not surprising. The judiciary in Connecticut is comprised almost entirely of flaming liberals. The only thing surprising (to me, anyway) is that the judge actually claimed that gender fraud is supported by science.

Sorry, judge, but it isn't in any way consistent with science.

A LIBERAL BELIEVES IT. IT'S EVEN A JUDGE LIBERAL. THEREFORE IT'S SCIENCE, HATER!

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2020, 06:57:44 PM »
A LIBERAL BELIEVES IT. IT'S EVEN A JUDGE LIBERAL. THEREFORE IT'S SCIENCE, HATER!

It depends on what the definition of is science is.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2020, 09:36:08 PM »
It depends on what the definition of is science is.

Science is consensus. Believe the science, heretic.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2020, 12:00:20 AM »
Science is consensus. Believe the science, heretic.

The earth is flat.

The Moon is made of green cheese.

Yetis and the Loch Ness monster are real.

SCIENCE!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2020, 08:55:47 AM »
The earth is flat.

The Moon is made of green cheese.

Yetis and the Loch Ness monster are real.

SCIENCE!
BELIEF IS SCIENCE!!!!   .....but not that religious belief stuff.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2020, 01:29:52 PM »
BELIEF IS SCIENCE!!!!   .....but not that religious belief stuff.

I thought science was democracy?

You know, if the majority vote it so it must be so ie consensus.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2020, 03:10:04 PM »
I thought science was democracy?

You know, if the majority vote it so it must be so ie consensus.

By majority vote, gravity of Earth has been reduced from 9.8 m/s^2 to 4.3m/s^2. 
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2020, 03:30:46 PM »

Nobody blame me for this. I voted for it to be 10, for ease of calculations.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2020, 04:00:00 PM »
Nobody blame me for this. I voted for it to be 10, for ease of calculations.

I tend to pick on advocates of metric measurements, because of the ridiculousness of time in both systems.  The arbitrariness of a meter.  Why isn't a meter standardized such that gravity on Earth is 10 m/s^2?  Or a second standardized as the time it takes an object to fall 10 meters on Earth?  Then a meter is reproducible anywhere on Earth as long as a proper chronograph is available, or a chronograph can be constructed or calibrated as long as a proper 10 meter height is able to be constructed.  Then we get into minutes/hours/days/years/leapyears/etc.

I grok how nice metric is for joules and grams and such.  But it's not the be-all-end-all of measurement systems that its advocates make it out to be.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2020, 04:22:31 PM »

Sounds like a pretty serious weight loss program.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2020, 04:51:36 PM »
Then a meter is reproducible anywhere on Earth as long as a proper chronograph is available, or a chronograph can be constructed or calibrated as long as a proper 10 meter height is able to be constructed.  
But ... the pull gravity isn't perfectly consistent around the earth either.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2020, 05:02:18 PM »
But ... the pull gravity isn't perfectly consistent around the earth either.

Yeah, I know.  But in one particular set of known spots it can be a known quantity.
--Lysander Spooner

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2020, 05:35:47 PM »
I tend to pick on advocates of metric measurements, because of the ridiculousness of time in both systems.  The arbitrariness of a meter.  Why isn't a meter standardized such that gravity on Earth is 10 m/s^2?  Or a second standardized as the time it takes an object to fall 10 meters on Earth?  Then a meter is reproducible anywhere on Earth as long as a proper chronograph is available, or a chronograph can be constructed or calibrated as long as a proper 10 meter height is able to be constructed.  Then we get into minutes/hours/days/years/leapyears/etc.

I grok how nice metric is for joules and grams and such.  But it's not the be-all-end-all of measurement systems that its advocates make it out to be.

Didn’t the French try to change the time part and couldn’t get it to work right when they changed over to the metric system?

Metric is also not standardized in hardware either.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2020, 07:54:53 PM »
Yeah, I know.  But in one particular set of known spots it can be a known quantity.
How is that any less arbitrary?

zahc

• friend
« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2020, 10:15:34 AM »
Metric threads were obviously designed by somebody who had never seen or operated a screw machine. UNC threads (along with pre-metrification Whitworth threads, Italian threads, and yes even French threads) except for a few oddball sizes have pitches which are multiples of each other (2, 4, 8, 16, 18, 20, 24, 28, 30, 32...) or at least even numbers, so they can easily be made on a lathe with a single lead-screw with an even pitch. Metric thread pitches are completely arbitrary so there is no single lathe lead-screw which will work the same way; if you have a 2mm leadscrew on your lathe you can make 2mm threads the normal way but F you for most of the others. There was nothing stopping them from making metric thread pitches a regular series, but they didn't even know enough to do it. Ironically, it was probably decreed by some revolutionary who just finished overthrowing the aristocracy and replacing the arbitrary units system, who didn't even know better. So we all get to keep the famous 127-tooth lathe gear around for the rest of eternity so we can make metric threads. Way to make things better guys. Couldn't you have spent your energy elsewhere, like fixing your spelling?
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2020, 11:26:00 AM »
Metric threads were obviously designed by somebody who had never seen or operated a screw machine. UNC threads (along with pre-metrification Whitworth threads, Italian threads, and yes even French threads) except for a few oddball sizes have pitches which are multiples of each other (2, 4, 8, 16, 18, 20, 24, 28, 30, 32...) or at least even numbers, so they can easily be made on a lathe with a single lead-screw with an even pitch. Metric thread pitches are completely arbitrary so there is no single lathe lead-screw which will work the same way; if you have a 2mm leadscrew on your lathe you can make 2mm threads the normal way but F you for most of the others. There was nothing stopping them from making metric thread pitches a regular series, but they didn't even know enough to do it. Ironically, it was probably decreed by some revolutionary who just finished overthrowing the aristocracy and replacing the arbitrary units system, who didn't even know better. So we all get to keep the famous 127-tooth lathe gear around for the rest of eternity so we can make metric threads. Way to make things better guys. Couldn't you have spent your energy elsewhere, like fixing your spelling?
The inventor of metric threads was probably a transgendered athlete also.