Author Topic: Sig 210 pistol...  (Read 711 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Sig 210 pistol...
« on: February 13, 2020, 02:41:28 PM »
Often considered one of the Rolls Royces of the handgun world, the 210s have always been expensive. I remember being highly scandalized by the fact that they were going for $700 and up back in the middle to late 1990s.

Well, Classic Firearms apparently has a small lot, and they're willing to let you have one...

For $3,000.  :O

Need a spare magazine? It's a bargain at $150.  :O :O :O
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Re: Sig 210 pistol...
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2020, 02:47:02 PM »
Often considered one of the Rolls Royces of the handgun world

They're overly complicated, break down a lot, are hideously expensive to maintain, and people buy them just for the name?

Brad
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 04:54:16 PM by Brad Johnson »
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2020, 06:02:56 PM »
They're overly complicated, break down a lot, are hideously expensive to maintain, and people buy them just for the name?

Brad
I once saw a Rolls Royce representative assert quite vigorously that Rolls Royces DO NOT break down! Ever!

They may just occasionally fail to proceed. 

;)

FWIW, the classic Sig P210 is the only SIG pistol I've hefted that actually points properly in my hand. (SIGs 1911 variants don't count.)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Tim L

• friend
    • TDLITWILLER
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2020, 07:08:15 PM »
I have a serious case of the wants for one of the current production models.  They are at least somewhat affordable.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2020, 02:01:30 AM »
Yep, That's about what the Swiss manufactured ones go for. 

It's a shame that the mags for the new ones don't interchange, as that would at least help the mag costs. 

Gun collecting is not for the frugal.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2020, 09:38:22 PM »
I've seen the new ones for 1000-1200 on local armslist.  And have been seriously tempted.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.