Author Topic: Police Officers vs. Football player  (Read 1395 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Police Officers vs. Football player
« on: February 13, 2020, 10:07:35 AM »
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/college-football-player-slams-officer-on-concrete-video

Belligerent football player manhandles a police officer to the ground.

That's actually NOT the reason I'm posting this.

Notice his partner, the diminutive woman in uniform. Notice how ineffective anything she attempts to do is.

IF the other police officer hadn't also appeared in his patrol car, the one officer would have effectively been fighting by himself.

Now the officer was not a small man (not huge either), but he was tossed around by the linebacker here. His partner could do nothing to even impede the guy.

But pointing this out will make me a sexist, so no one will do anything about putting police officers in danger because of it.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Police Officers vs. Football player
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2020, 10:16:33 AM »
Come on, I know for a fact from Hollywood that 90lb women have zero problems overpowering 300lb men.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2020, 10:18:44 AM »
So, you're saying what?

That all male officers are studly giants capable of taking on all comers, even if they end up getting their asses kicked?

What if the other officer had been a male.... but a smaller male. What sort of argument would that bring forth then?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2020, 10:23:50 AM »
So, you're saying what?

That all male officers are studly giants capable of taking on all comers, even if they end up getting their asses kicked?

What if the other officer had been a male.... but a smaller male. What sort of argument would that bring forth then?

That we shouldn't be hiring officers incapable of handling MOST threats.

If it were a diminutive male, that was just as ineffective, I'd say the male shouldn't have been hired. Given that the absolute upper realm of female strength maxes out at median male strength... I'd be happy saying that anyone with less than average male strength shouldn't be hired as a police officer, especially since they are generally expected to control offenders without resorting to lethal force.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2020, 10:44:37 AM »
That we shouldn't be hiring officers incapable of handling MOST threats.

If it were a diminutive male, that was just as ineffective, I'd say the male shouldn't have been hired. Given that the absolute upper realm of female strength maxes out at median male strength... I'd be happy saying that anyone with less than average male strength shouldn't be hired as a police officer, especially since they are generally expected to control offenders without resorting to lethal force.
Sizeist.
Sexist.
Strengthist.
Ageist.
Racist.

Did I miss any other "-ists?"

Seriously, standards for police and firefighters have been LOWERED over past decades since STANDARDS based on actual performance tended to "disproportionately" eliminate women, short males, certain ethnic groups, etc., which the perpetually offended lunatic fringe took umbrage to.

We see this even in police equipment - Federal introduced a low recoil buckshot load as the standard 00 buck bruised the tender shoulders of women and little men. This became known contemptuously as the "pussy" load for those little kittens who couldn't handle standard ammo. Bad press made Federal withdraw it, and shortly afterwards re-issue it as "Tactical" ammo. And all was well.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2020, 10:47:40 AM »
Meh...

I look at PC/EO hiring practices as one of the few ways the militarization of the police is being counteracted. If the cops are going to wear LBV with crap all over it like they are on patrol in Afghanistan, might as well have it be a 90lbs 4'5" woman to compensate.  =)
I promise not to duck.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2020, 10:54:27 AM »
Come on, I know for a fact from Hollywood that 90lb women have zero problems overpowering 300lb men.

"Miranda ..."
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

brimic

• friends
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2020, 12:14:38 PM »
To be fair, if a 200lb high school or collegiate wrestler were out of control, I doubt most male officers are going to be able to handle them, at least not on their own.

ETA: I just watched the video, I had quickly assumed it was a female officer being slammed before watching. Still, 2 on 1 against a wrestler isn't going to end well unless force is quickly escalated.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2020, 12:20:49 PM »
Isn't this sort of thing why they use those stun guns?  ??? ;/
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

brimic

• friends
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2020, 12:24:32 PM »

Stun guns and leg day.

Barack Obama

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2020, 12:49:45 PM »
You also have to remember that cops are highly discouraged from using hand to hand techniques that might injure a suspect or using any potentially lethal weapons aside from their firearms.  Give the woman a nightstick or club to beat the guy over the head with. 

It looked like she was not prepared to use any sort of hand to hand technique or stun gun.  I wonder what sort of training she has. 

Mike the Cop on youtube talks about training cops in Brazilian jiu jitsu (sp?).  I think it is mostly grappling and ground fighting techniques.  I don't know much about it myself.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuhCmPpcuY8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouqGCMZ5K5Q
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2020, 03:29:26 PM »

I think the female officer drew her Taser, but then she re-holstered it without using it.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2020, 12:39:41 AM »
Sizeist.
Sexist.
Strengthist.
Ageist.
Racist.

Did I miss any other "-ists?"

Seriously, standards for police and firefighters have been LOWERED over past decades since STANDARDS based on actual performance tended to "disproportionately" eliminate women, short males, certain ethnic groups, etc., which the perpetually offended lunatic fringe took umbrage to.

We see this even in police equipment - Federal introduced a low recoil buckshot load as the standard 00 buck bruised the tender shoulders of women and little men. This became known contemptuously as the "pussy" load for those little kittens who couldn't handle standard ammo. Bad press made Federal withdraw it, and shortly afterwards re-issue it as "Tactical" ammo. And all was well.

Well, at least she didn't hang back clutching pearls and fluttering her hands, but dug right in... agreed on the ineffectuality, but you can't fault her for not trying.  The guy was a brute and even after "2-1/2" cops got him up and walking, he was still tossing them around even with the other cop.  Look at how long the three of them took to get him to comply and get out of the car.

Agreed on the artificially lowered standards of physical capability for the sake of political correctness.

:rofl:

I still laugh when I think of seeing a show a couple of years ago where Catwoman or Batgirl (Halle Berry, Yvonne Craig?) or somebody was fighting in high heels and did a backflip (for some unknown tactical reason) and the stunt double landed on her low-heeled feet.  The immediate next scene had her back in heels.

Good thing I wasn't sipping coffee at the time.

Terry
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 01:01:51 AM by 230RN »

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2020, 02:11:32 AM »
You also have to remember that cops are highly discouraged from using hand to hand techniques that might injure a suspect or using any potentially lethal weapons aside from their firearms.  Give the woman a nightstick or club to beat the guy over the head with. 

I was thinking that, as well as noting that the male officer went in and started the hands on part twice.  I'd be pretty interested in the audio for that video just for funsies.  THat said, and to the point of the OP, all three of those police officers were using crap tactics to try and subdue that guy, and once he got the dominant position and had the fisrt pale LEO on the ground they were in real trouble.  Before that they needed to be working as a team, and male cop 1 needs to stop trying to brawl, and then it wouldn't have been so one sided.

Yes, the smaller female is at a disadvantage, but the training/tactics in that video maximized those disadvantages, and negated the advantages two folks working together should have had.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2020, 10:39:02 AM »
What I was thinking of was not just hands-on, but causing injury.  For example, the female cop could have kicked him in the knee when he picked up the officer, but that would have caused significant injury and pain.  Sometimes people forget that it takes more officers if you expect them to apprehend belligerent suspects without injury.  I agree there wasn't a lot she could have done short of beating on the guy.  Wouldn't tasing the guy have tased both of them?

I think cops are often justified in putting a serious beat down on people who fight them.  It seems to me there isn't enough done to discourage that behavior.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2020, 10:47:32 AM »
Wouldn't tasing the guy have tased both of them?
I doubt it.  Watch some taser training videos online.  When the cops in training take the ride they usually have someone holding tightly on to each arm to let them down slowly.  Maybe the support guys feel something but they don't seem to show it.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2020, 11:18:22 AM »
What I was thinking of was not just hands-on, but causing injury.  For example, the female cop could have kicked him in the knee when he picked up the officer, but that would have caused significant injury and pain.  Sometimes people forget that it takes more officers if you expect them to apprehend belligerent suspects without injury.  I agree there wasn't a lot she could have done short of beating on the guy.  Wouldn't tasing the guy have tased both of them?

I think cops are often justified in putting a serious beat down on people who fight them.  It seems to me there isn't enough done to discourage that behavior.

This was part of my point. You have to be VERY strong to take down an uncooperative suspect without serious injury.

It's not particularly hard, as you noted, to take out a joint or club someone over the head with a blunt instrument. If we expect cops to avoid injuries while apprehending even uncooperative suspects, then we can't have women police officers. They will either be a hindrance or actually in danger, themselves.

If we want to worship at the altar of diversity and sexual equality sameness, then we have to accept criminals being injured more often. If we want to coddle criminals, we have to jettison female police officers.

Of course, we're actually going to do neither of those and will just put police officers in unnecessary danger, both males and females.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2020, 11:26:26 AM »
This was part of my point. You have to be VERY strong to take down an uncooperative suspect without serious injury.

It's not particularly hard, as you noted, to take out a joint or club someone over the head with a blunt instrument. If we expect cops to avoid injuries while apprehending even uncooperative suspects, then we can't have women police officers. They will either be a hindrance or actually in danger, themselves.

If we want to worship at the altar of diversity and sexual equality sameness, then we have to accept criminals being injured more often. If we want to coddle criminals, we have to jettison female police officers.

Maybe we need more trans officers?

Barack Obama