Author Topic: San Francisco Politics  (Read 974 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
San Francisco Politics
« on: February 15, 2020, 08:33:06 AM »
Man, people talk about Chicago, but this was an interesting bit of info on San Francisco politics:

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2020/02/15/not-shocking-san-francisco-mayor-london-breed-has-a-brand-new-scandal-to-deal-with/

Apparently these connections go all the way back to Willie Brown. I knew about Kamala Harris, but apparently the current SF mayor was Brown's babysitter.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: San Francisco Politics
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2020, 08:57:14 AM »
It's SF so I guess the ____ is  hitting the fan so to speak
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2020, 09:23:00 AM »
"In 18 years of living here, I find zero evidence that the "City Family" is benefiting anybody but its members, developers, old-school socialites, and tech billionaires."

Well the obvious solution to that is elect more liberals! The more liberal the better! The liberals will break the Republican's corrupt stranglehold on our beloved city!

Wait, what?

Never mind.

San Francisco's well on the way toward turning into another Detroit. Decades of decline overseen by liberals who all claim to have the solution and the cattle simply vote on the "ONE OF US, ONE OF US!" premise.

San Francisco deserves *expletive deleted*it covered streets and used needles everywhere.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2020, 09:43:12 AM »
It's SF so I guess the ____ is  hitting the fan so to speak

It's been hitting the sidewalk for a while now
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2020, 10:35:42 AM »
San Francisco's well on the way toward turning into another Detroit. Decades of decline overseen by liberals who all claim to have the solution and the cattle simply vote on the "ONE OF US, ONE OF US!" premise.

San Francisco deserves *expletive deleted*it covered streets and used needles everywhere.

I agree.  I am in SF now.  Over the 10+ years of having layovers here, I've noticed a steady decline in the cleanliness and general quality of the city.  It might not sink to the standards of NYC in the 70's and 80's, but it will get close.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2020, 12:37:15 PM »
I agree.  I am in SF now.  Over the 10+ years of having layovers here, I've noticed a steady decline in the cleanliness and general quality of the city.  It might not sink to the standards of NYC in the 70's and 80's, but it will get close.

Give it enough time.  If you're flying through there twenty years from now, it will be "Detroit West".
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2020, 02:50:35 PM »
Give it enough time.  If you're flying through there twenty years from now, it will be "Detroit West".

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Twitter-Jack-Dorsey-San-Francisco-remote-work-15047758.php

In an earnings call last week, Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey said that the company's "concentration in San Francisco is not serving us any longer," according to Business Insider. Therefore, Twitter plans to begin focusing on hiring remote workers outside of the Bay Area.
This news comes eight months after Twitter's tax break expired, which was originally created in 2011 to incentivize job opportunities in the city, particularly in the mid-Market district.

However, the tax break didn't benefit the city as much as lawmakers hoped, with the retail vacancy rate on Mid-Market still being double the citywide average — it's actually gone up since 2013.

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama