Author Topic: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread  (Read 445973 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Re: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread
« Reply #2000 on: April 06, 2020, 06:42:08 PM »
I wonder if Boris is going to take or already has taken the Trump pills?

I don't recall seeing if the UK is onboard or not with the drugs Trump has been promoting as a potential help.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2001 on: April 06, 2020, 06:55:30 PM »
Turns it was two people attacking people for not social distancing and both are doctors and it also turns out husband and wife.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2002 on: April 06, 2020, 06:59:54 PM »
Oh here you go.

Trump’s conduct easily satisfies all 3 elements of involuntary manslaughter. In fact, his gross negligence is beginning to look more like conduct evincing a “conscious disregard of an extreme risk of death/serious bodily injury = the standard for depraved heart/2nd degree murder. https://t.co/XVHYy5CqWU

— Glenn Kirschner (@glennkirschner2) April 6, 2020
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2020/04/06/msnbc-legal-analyst-believes-president-trumps-conduct-ticks-all-the-boxes-for-involuntary-manslaughter/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #2003 on: April 06, 2020, 07:20:40 PM »

320's, can you fire up the Chemtrails and do a couple laps to calm this guy down?

So that is why everyone is antsy.  We haven't been spraying as much because of the reduced flights.  Yeah, I'll set the nozzles to wide open.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #2005 on: April 06, 2020, 08:47:04 PM »
Toilet paper, hand sanitizer, guns, ammo . . . . and Bibles:

https://www.foxnews.com/faith-values/coronavirus-bible-book-update-sales-record
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2006 on: April 06, 2020, 09:05:57 PM »
I’m guessing his forces aren’t all that special, his friend isn’t a 2 star, and he doesn’t know spit about anything.

My son in law is a former army ranger with several years in the real special forces. His current job is running a trucking company and warehouse. I talked to him yesterday and he didn’t mention anything like your neighbor’s scenario.

But your son-in-law doesn't have a buddy who is a 2-star, Special Forces general. :duh:
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2007 on: April 07, 2020, 12:01:51 AM »
I’m guessing his forces aren’t all that special, his friend isn’t a 2 star, and he doesn’t know spit about anything.

My son in law is a former army ranger with several years in the real special forces. His current job is running a trucking company and warehouse. I talked to him yesterday and he didn’t mention anything like your neighbor’s scenario.

Hence the  ;/ .

My suspicion is the his special is probably of the short bus variety.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #2008 on: April 07, 2020, 02:14:49 AM »

I am not suprised. When it’s time perceived to be the end time bibles (and I bet preachers with a comforting message to sellsay) do very well

Me, personally I get all the religious education  I need from boomers on Facebook with their cOpY aNd pAsTe aNd sHaRe IF yOu ArEnT aFrAId aNd 1 lIkE = 1 aMEn posts and made up moral stories

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #2009 on: April 07, 2020, 08:02:15 AM »
So the same Navaroo guy who’s being criticized for butting heads with Fauci during a meeting?

Not one, but TWO separate memos warning the White House of potentially worst case scenarios, and laid out steps to get ahead of this.  First one in Jan was a general memo, which is where the China travel ban comes from.  But otherwise he was mostly ignored because he’s considered “anti China” in the White House...
Second memo was in February directed to the President.

JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #2010 on: April 07, 2020, 08:08:18 AM »
So the same Navaroo guy who’s being criticized for butting heads with Fauci during a meeting?

Not one, but TWO separate memos warning the White House of potentially worst case scenarios, and laid out steps to get ahead of this.  First one in Jan was a general memo, which is where the China travel ban comes from.  But otherwise he was mostly ignored because he’s considered “anti China” in the White House...
To be fair, there are always people warning about dire worst case scenarios. Most of the time they are totally wrong. Once in a great while they turn out to be correct and then get to look like prophets.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #2011 on: April 07, 2020, 08:26:31 AM »
Considering the WHO and the CDC are the "go to" on pandemics Trump did well.

Trump moved faster and actually ignored those two organizations as they were downplaying the seriousness of this outbreak early on.

All of his comments downplaying the virus are him repeating what the experts at those two organizations were saying.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #2012 on: April 07, 2020, 08:27:33 AM »

I suspect that's about to become a lot more fashionable.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #2013 on: April 07, 2020, 08:33:55 AM »

Got me enough guns, got "sort of" enough ammo.  Got enough Bibles.  TP will last a month (at the rate Dearest Wifey says it gets used), and then we'll see.

So, no panic!

I get all the religious education  I need from boomers on Facebook with their cOpY aNd pAsTe aNd sHaRe IF yOu ArEnT aFrAId aNd 1 lIkE = 1 aMEn posts and made up moral stories

This here boomer refuses to post that stuff.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2015 on: April 07, 2020, 09:04:12 AM »
More crappy test kits from China

The Government has bought 3.5 million finger-prick antibody tests that could soon radically transform the UK's response to Covid-19 https://t.co/6Ryb3hdf84

— The Telegraph (@Telegraph) March 30, 2020

But wait for it

"The UK government’s new testing chief has admitted that none of the 3.5 million antibody tests ordered from China are fit for widespread use…The tests did not pass the evaluation stage". https://t.co/AxqFupLpGz #COVID19

— Wilson Leung 梁允信 🇭🇰 (@WilsonLeungWS) April 6, 2020

Anyone see a pattern here?

Here are 3.5 million new reasons why we shouldn’t trust anything coming from China right now
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2020/04/07/here-are-3-5-million-new-reasons-why-we-shouldnt-trust-anything-coming-from-china-right-now/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #2016 on: April 07, 2020, 09:28:25 AM »

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #2017 on: April 07, 2020, 09:29:23 AM »
All of his comments downplaying the virus are him repeating what the experts at those two organizations were saying.

Trump is well known for ignoring the experts, even disdaining them, and people love him for it. What an unfortunate time to have started listening to them.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #2018 on: April 07, 2020, 09:38:04 AM »
Trump is well known for ignoring the experts, even disdaining them, and people love him for it. What an unfortunate time to have started listening to them.

He pivoted to defying them pretty quick with the China/EU travel bans so there's that ...

Trump deserves credit for shutting down flights from China and the EU when he did, he was in front of all the experts on that call.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2019 on: April 07, 2020, 09:59:32 AM »
Reason #867,108,421 why I hate some people.
Things are bad enough in the stores without yahoos likes this

Massachusetts shoppers tackle man after allegedly coughing, spitting on produce amid coronavirus outbreak
https://www.foxnews.com/us/massachusetts-shoppers-tackle-man-produce-coronavirus
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2020 on: April 07, 2020, 10:04:45 AM »
And another

Walmart patron sprays cashier in the eyes with Lysol over coronavirus limit, police say
https://www.foxnews.com/health/walmart-patron-mass-sprays-cashier-eyes-lysol-over-pandemic-limit-police-say

Which begs the question: Considering the fact you may not know what they're spraying you with at the moment, are even if that matters, would it be justifiable to shoot the person in a situation like this? I figure the MSM would roast you no matter what.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2021 on: April 07, 2020, 10:37:11 AM »

I don't know. Maybe, like everyone else, his trust in experts depends on his perception of their competence, and whether or not they're talking about their actual area of expertise, and whether his own point of view/experience/knowledge aligns or conflicts with what they're saying.

On the other hand, I know it's tempting to treat Donald Trump as a sort of cartoon character like that. I get it.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
  • My Gender and Pronouns are Standard.
« Reply #2022 on: April 07, 2020, 10:44:44 AM »
 Says the buddy is now a 2 star and that "they" are planning on a full on country wide lock down in about 2 weeks that will include stopping all trucking for a full month.
Makes me wonder how many packages of TP this guy has stashed.
 :facepalm:

I wonder how many people realize the complete shitshow that would result from shutting down trucking for a month...

It would be outright war. Some of us could make it for a month with what we have. Not so much for what I would guess is somewhere between 90% and 95% of everyone else.

I'd bet there would be a few heavily armed rogue convoys rolling across the land bringing edibles to the starving masses.

Civil war, etc.

If you have a backhoe, start digging graves.

Woody
   "Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future."   B.E.Wood

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2023 on: April 07, 2020, 10:51:00 AM »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2024 on: April 07, 2020, 11:08:23 AM »
This joke works way better verbally than it does in a written format.

Expert
X  = Unknown quantity
Use your imagination on spurt

Sadly it's reality far too often
- Calvin and Hobbes