Main Forums > The Roundtable

COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread

<< < (613/1514) > >>

Ron:

--- Quote from: Doggy Daddy on May 24, 2020, 09:39:52 PM ---Agreed.  One of my main peeves re:word meaning shifts is "story".  I may have griped here before about it.  Facebook posts are stories. >bullshit!<  I see outdoor advertising signs for the ad company saying "let us help you tell your story".

I don't like it.   :old:

--- End quote ---

That comes straight out of corporate marketing departments.

The question asked in retail when setting up your department is always "what story are you telling?". The in store displays, signage, the print and video media advertising are all in alignment to "tell the story" to help sell the product.  

Perd Hapley:
Now we're to be outraged that Donald Trump played golf on a holiday weekend.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/biden-hits-trump-for-golfing-trump-he-left-out-some-key-facts

When I saw a headline on this from CNN, it cracked me up. They think everything Trump does, especially with the pandemic, is wrong and racist will kill people. But it's apparently very important that he stays in the White House doing the wrong, racist things, and killing people.

230RN:
Snarl:

"...White House spox Kayleigh McEnany ..."

:Growl

Me go now.

Hawkmoon:

--- Quote from: Doggy Daddy on May 24, 2020, 09:39:52 PM ---Agreed.  One of my main peeves re:word meaning shifts is "story".  I may have griped here before about it.  Facebook posts are stories. >bullshit!<  I see outdoor advertising signs for the ad company saying "let us help you tell your story".

--- End quote ---

Considering how little truth there is in most advertising, I can see calling ads "stories."

Angel Eyes:
Protestors in Kentucky hang the governor in effigy:  https://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/politics/2020/05/24/second-amendment-supporters-protest-covid-19-restrictions-capitol/5250571002/

--- Quote ---It began as a celebration of constitutional rights but turned into a protest of coronavirus restrictions and Beshear’s administration. Folks toted their guns and waved American and “Don’t tread on me” flags. Taps honored the fallen, and free flags were given to veterans from all military branches.

Ed Bruce, who carried a replica colonial-era gun with a tag that read “1st Assault Rifle,” said he came out to make a point: government shouldn’t control what types of guns he or other law-abiding citizens carry, he said.

--- End quote ---

So the reporter has never heard of the Gadsden flag.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version