Main Forums > The Roundtable

COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread

<< < (785/1514) > >>

zahc:

--- Quote from: WLJ on September 18, 2020, 02:21:08 PM ---Or German

--- End quote ---

I've been wondering for a while if there is a difference between languages that way. I'm glad somebody thought to research it. I know in Japan part of their COVID mitigation involves telling people to talk quietly indoors, which I haven't heard anywhere else.

Perd Hapley:

--- Quote from: ConstitutionCowboy on September 18, 2020, 01:58:59 PM ---Welp! Just tell us which words are bad so we won't use them!  :old:

--- End quote ---

Please don't give the statists ideas.

Perd Hapley:
https://thefederalist.com/2020/09/19/flyover-folks-sideline-coronavirus-bureaucrats-to-enjoy-classic-car-show/

Precis: Boomer is accustomed to hosting semi-annual car shows. Boomer is swamped with super-helpful requirements for putting on said show in the Age of Kung Flu. Boomer decides it just ain't worth it, and gives up he doesn't have the resources to comply with such, so he skips the permit, and just does the car show as usual. Happiness ensues.

Perd Hapley:
I'm hearing anecdotal evidence that fast food joints are actually making more money right now. Anyone else hearing this?

I guess it makes sense, as people aren't patronizing dine-in-only restaurants.

Ben:

--- Quote from: fistful on September 22, 2020, 04:29:36 PM ---I'm hearing anecdotal evidence that fast food joints are actually making more money right now. Anyone else hearing this?

I guess it makes sense, as people aren't patronizing dine-in-only restaurants.

--- End quote ---

I can see that. I would patronize sit-down restaurants, but it's too much of a pain in the ass for me. Usually I will do a sit-down at lunch if I have to run into Boise for other stuff. Get my stuff done, then head downtown for lunch and a beer.  I made it a habit to try and rotate through and visit different places, but now you have to make freakin' reservations - even at lunch - instead of walking in.

I was even gonna do that last time I was in Boise, but pulling Yelp out before I left didn't show an available reservation until the next day. For lunch (maybe because of social distancing space). So I said "screw this" and just stopped at my local diner on my way home.

I also had new tires put on at Costco last week and was gonna just go to lunch while I waited for the tires. Once again pulled out Yelp, and only one (Dickey's BBQ) of a dozen locations in walking distance was open for dine-in. Everything else that is usually dine-in was take-out only.  Dickey's was empty except for me and one family.

With all that, fast food is the easiest option for me, other than eating at my three local places, which are all business as usual.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version